• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Organizing discs

smook

Par Member
This is for some of you organized golfers out there like me. How do you guys organize your discs in storage/ in the bag?? color? speed? plastic type? I do mine alphabetical.

I'm lazy, so the ones at home are all mixed up, and the bag is just separated by putters, mids and drivers.

I've got 8 drivers in one pocket,7 midranges in one pocket and then 5 putters in the other pocket.Then on the outside of my bag I have 2 mini's and 2 putters.

My wife put my bag in ROYGBIV order one day, and I liked it. From there, I took it one step more anal: Drivers/mids/putters in each color, and if I have more than one driver in that color, it goes from higher to lower speed. It makes my bag look nice, but is disorganized by disc type. It makes me pay attention to what I pull out of the bag, though.

This is for some of you organized golfers out there like me. How do you guys organize your discs in storage/ in the bag?? color? speed? plastic type? I do mine alphabetical.

I organize my discs by stabiltity and you think you have a problem :\

my storage discs are alphabetical, minus the collectible stuff

In the bag they just go putters/mids/drivers.

Throwers that are not in the bag are stored on some old CD storage racks. There are five of them; two of them hold putters, one holds mids, one holds fairway drivers and one holds distance drivers. I don't throw a lot of distance drivers, so the overflow mid ranges end up on that rack.

For the unthrown storage they are separated by company and then placed in putter/mid/driver order. Then they are separated by speed, then stability. So for example a box with Innova Mids will go Stingray/Cobra/Shark/Roc/Panther/Spider/Gator. Discs of the same kind are placed lighter to heavier so a 170g Roc will be in front of a 177G Roc. Sometimes something throws a monkey wrench in the plans, like the fact that I have too many Rocs for them to fit in the box with the rest of the mids so they get their own box. I also have "collectable" stuff like first runs and old SE discs separated from the rest of the discs.

So there is a system there, just not one that makes sense to anybody but me.

My bag has 2 dividers creating 3 separate areas

Drivers| Utility Discs, round Rubbermaid container of snacks, emergency stuff| Mids and Throwing putter.

Within the Drivers and Mids section discs are organized by stability from OS to Under. This way I know exactly what area to reach for. I only have 5 drivers, 4 mids, one driving putter, and 2 utility discs so it's pretty easy to know what I have in there.

Putter in pocket on outside.

Usually simple color coordination. Not necessa :prily roygbiv but rainbow-esqe none the less. :p.:thmbup:

In my bag, the discs are organized by speed except for my utility discs. Within each speed range they are organized by stability.

Utility discs are far left. Just to the right of them is my most overstable fastest disc in the bag followed by lesser stability fastest disc. Then control drivers from most overstable to most understable. Then fairways...you get the idea.

Mine goes from fastest to slowest drivers, then the mids go from least to most stable, then putters in front. Aside from the zone which is my slowest "mid".

I have the basic Innova bag so I have my fairways in color order in the front and my mids and putters in color order in the back. My friend has a Fade Crunch and I put them in color order for him and he didn't even notice for a round or two and when he finally saw it, he liked it and kept it that way.

Drivers, mids, and putters are divided, and then organized by stability and color, from overstable (blue) to straight (white) to understable (red).

Stability for drivers and mids. Putters are just the putter that I putt with and the one I hold in the other hand. From there it is just backups

Latest posts