• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Orion LS

I never liked the sirius SOLS because it didn't stay straight in a hyzer flip for me. I use my sidewinder for that.
Also my SOLS was a weird shape, kinda vulcan-ish. And the plastic was...not pleasant. Dull, hard, and ugly.

1.8? I'm really just looking for info on that run.

Wish I could help you with info on the 1.8s, but I have been tossing the 1.1 QOLSs and they are amazing. Like a much sidewinder with more LSS or something. Very cool and super long so far.

I just received a shipment of used SOLS....a 1.2, a 1.4 and a 1.8

Obviously I have to get them out and work them for ahwhile, but is there any noticable difference in the runs? The 1.2 is considerably flatter, but beyond that?

Someone told me they can either be blank with g4 on the back or stamped with a g4 on the back. They said they were protos. The millennium group on fb also told me they're not that rare, like a lot of millennium. Worth a few bucks more over stock, just old plastic nobody really cares for.

was actually just throwing a standard OLS this evening in the field. Mine is pretty beat it and looks to be an excellent hyzer flip disc at 80%ish power. Gonna have to start throwing it more often.

Can someone explain the different numbers to me, i.e. 1.1, 1.6, 1.8? Are those different stabilities? I have a fairly new 1.6 SOLS that feels more stable than my champ teebird. Although the teebird is older, it still has some beef to it.

Can someone explain the different numbers to me, i.e. 1.1, 1.6, 1.8? Are those different stabilities? I have a fairly new 1.6 SOLS that feels more stable than my champ teebird. Although the teebird is older, it still has some beef to it.

1.1, 1.2, etc. are the run numbers.

Those are just run numbers. :) so 1.1 is the first, 1.2 is the second, so on and so forth. Each run seems to have its quirks but they were frequently mixed up so you can't really just say run x flies like this or is shaped like that.

I'm really liking the 1.8! It is a great combination of control/ stability and workability. For me, it's flying on rogue/ slightly beat wraith line. The ones I have are 171 and moderately flat.

Great job Millennium!

Necro Bump!

Can anybody tell me if/are there any big differences between the 1.7 and 1.8 runs?

I got to try a 1.8 in the Sirius plastic and like it, upon shopping for one I have seen mostly 1.7's...will I be able to see a difference or am I thinking too much?

Last edited:
Necro Bump!

Can anybody tell me if/are there any big differences between the 1.7 and 1.8 runs?

I got to try a 1.8 in the Sirius plastic and like it, upon shopping for one I have seen mostly 1.7's...will I be able to see a difference or am I thinking too much?

Are you shopping in person or online?

I was going to say that it is far more important to check dome and PLH than it is to check for run numbers with Orions. The stamps can't always be counted on.

You can always count on the QOLSs if you like them, because there was only one run and they are all pretty much identical. But I prefer the SOLS. I'll check my stack when I get home and see if I can add anything more.

Regardless of what I learn, I always get profile pictures when I'm buying Orions, and any good shop should be able to do that for you.

^ Thanks for the help and info :thmbup:.

The one I tried has a pretty normal "dome", real similar to my Star Teebird. Not pop toppy, not flat, just a mellow moderate curve from shoulder to shoulder.

Guess I am about to go disc shopping...again :).

Well, I've got 1.3, 4, 5, 6, and 9s. 3, 4, and 5 are board flat. 3 and 4s have nice turn but get squirrelly if overpowered once they're worn in. Controllable for sure, but don't glide to flat. 5 is freakishly OS, like a fresh SOLF. Mine in absolutely flat with a high wing. It's pretty beat but still doesn't turn much and fights back. I like it, but it's not an OLS. 1.6 is stiffer S plastic and domey. Flies nice, good glide, and turns nicely after initial break in. Ready for the good part? 1.9s are the current run and as good as any prior run. Medium dome, soft grippy S plastic, really nice swirly color blends,and great turn with enough LSF to finish flat enough not to dig in and roll. QOLS is great too. That's all I got. Hope it helps.

Just picked up a new SOLS and its love at first throw. I really like the point and shoot aspect of the disc, since it seems to move very little side to side. I was playing a new course today and came across a father and son playing so I tagged along with them. By the time we finished the round I'd thrown the SOLS off the tee a few times with great results so the dad asked me "what's that swirly disc you keep throwing?" I chatted with him about it, he tossed it back to me and said "whatever that thing is, you just throw it straight and far." It's in the bag now for sure.

Would the eagle-x be a good complement to the ols? Any overlap? The rim on the ols felt nice and I thinking about using them as a longer understable complement to the EX.

Would the eagle-x be a good complement to the ols? Any overlap? The rim on the ols felt nice and I thinking about using them as a longer understable complement to the EX.

Sure. But the OLF is a longer Eagle X, and an even better complement to an OLS.