• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] OS Fairway

Definitely Firebird. Oh wait...

From DC point of view, I'd give Z Machete a try. If you want something freakishly overstable, and it feels okay in the hand, give a Flick a try.

I haven't tried a vulture - maybe a vulture/predator could fill the thunder/firebird slots? Does DC even have a wicked OS disc to match a FAF FB these days?

The vulture is pretty much Discraft's thunderbird. Both discs are pretty power hungry in my opinion though. The firebird is a different type of overstable disc than the predator, being high speed overstable and trying to turn left almost instantly. The predator is very high speed stable but has a longer 'straight' portion of the flight before a hard fade at the end. More workable, IMO. The Machete would likely be the closest in the Discraft lineup to a FAF Firebird.

Oh. How bout that. I was unaware. I retract my previous statement!

Well... to be fair, the older ones are kinda pricey. Especially the first year they did them. This year they made a lot more it seems like. They have restocked them several times.

A OS Midrange I would recomend is a X mold Whippet from Innova Factory store . If you do not want to buy from the store, try a Viper as the OS fairway disc only flaw is it only comes in DX. Banshee is not bad either and is in DX and Champion for a disc.

I do not use a OS fairway disc though and use a 167 gram Champion Destroyer, though rarely a 170 gram Destroyer Champion as a disc if wind is high enough. I rarely use a OS disc for wind unless it is 20-25 Mile per hour or over, that depends on if it is just gusting or not.

Last edited:
A OS Midrange I would recomend is a X mold Whippet from Innova Factory store . If you do not want to buy from the store, try a Viper as the OS fairway disc only flaw is it only comes in DX. Banshee is not bad either and is in DX and Champion for a disc.

I do not use a OS fairway disc though and use a 167 gram Champion Destroyer, though rarely a 170 gram Destroyer Champion as a disc if wind is high enough. I rarely use a OS disc for wind unless it is 20-25 Mile per hour or over, that depends on if it is just gusting or not.

Way off track..........