• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] OS Putter/Mid Battle Royale

OS putter/mid for straight then fade

• Total voters
Creedo, Jokeri, or Harp. Suspect is faster than those and straightens out a bit. Harp is similarly sized but slower (smaller rim size) and I will be trying out.

Creedo is the most stable but has a strange and deep rim and is only available in basic plastic (it is pretty good for base though). I don't mind the rim and can get a clean release from it which I don't normally with a deeper rim, I just prefer shallower rims.

I have a first run Jokeri in premium and it is about as beat as it will ever get and I still notice no high speed turn and it always fades back. That is with 350' of driver power. Giving the harp a shot at replacing this as I would still prefer a more shallow profile. Not that Jokeri is deep though.

Marshall Street has biofuzion Suspects on clearance for $7.50!!! If you are even considering this one as a possibility, I would suggest snagging a couple.
I got one, and am loving it for the dead straight with slight fade at the end type of shots.

Creedo, Jokeri, or Harp. Suspect is faster than those and straightens out a bit. Harp is similarly sized but slower (smaller rim size) and I will be trying out.

Creedo is the most stable but has a strange and deep rim and is only available in basic plastic (it is pretty good for base though). I don't mind the rim and can get a clean release from it which I don't normally with a deeper rim, I just prefer shallower rims.

I have a first run Jokeri in premium and it is about as beat as it will ever get and I still notice no high speed turn and it always fades back. That is with 350' of driver power. Giving the harp a shot at replacing this as I would still prefer a more shallow profile. Not that Jokeri is deep though.

It actually comes in an Advanced (soft) plastic, too. :thmbup:

Throwing a lot of discs in this class yesterday while testing the Envy, I would say the Breaker or Suspect were on the top of the stack.

The 300S PA1 I was throwing was great also and would've been mentioned, but I was seeing some high speed turn in stronger winds. The Envy held up great in the wind, but I had a lot of trouble dialing in the fade. If it weren't for that, it would've been my recommendation.

I'm in love with my Suspect. It's like a baby Champ Banshee. The speed is indeed a bit faster than the putters you mentioned, but that only serves to make it more versatile: it powers down great for an awesome, hyzer-iffic approach disc, but you can also shape lines with it if you desire. I bag a worn 170 Lucid for straight shots and line shaping, and a max weight Lucid for my short range beef.

What's the PA1 profile like?

Envy (L) vs PA1 (R)

061b9198-15c2-4400-b233-b353237c653d_zps80d6394a.jpg

Since you prefer premium plastic & want a small diameter disc I'd recommend getting a Mortar or PA1. The PA1 is the least over stable of the two molds in my experience. The Rhyno could also work if you like the feel of the Thumtrac. You said you wanted a mid or putter for this slot in the OP but do you prefer one over the other?

I think he'd be better off with a Mortar. The Mortar is a beadless Gator. Mortars are also cheaper than Gators in Z/Champion type plastic. They seem to be consistently flatter than Gators. Mortars also aren't as over stable as Gators so they better fit his criteria.

Last edited:
I voted "Suspect." Nice disc. I do sometimes carry a Premium Jokeri in this spot, too, and I recommend that one as well- maybe just a bit better as a putter, but slightly slower and slightly straighter than the suspect.

pro pig, and I wouldn't call the clozer overstable at all. the axiom envy is nce if you want a little less dump than the pig.

No one said V.P.?

I'm disappointed, DGCR.

Good HSS, good LSS, lasts forever, maybe.

Since you prefer premium plastic & want a small diameter disc I'd recommend getting a Mortar or PA1. The PA1 is the least over stable of the two molds in my experience. The Rhyno could also work if you like the feel of the Thumtrac. You said you wanted a mid or putter for this slot in the OP but do you prefer one over the other?

I think he'd be better off with a Mortar. The Mortar is a beadless Gator. Mortars are also cheaper than Gators in Z/Champion type plastic. They seem to be consistently flatter than Gators. Mortars also aren't as over stable as Gators so they better fit his criteria.

Emphasis on the small diameter part, more putter than mid is probably my preference. Good call on the Mortar, that one slipped my mind. Something like a Champ Classic Roc is another disc along the lines of what I'm looking for but those are OOP.