• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Selling] Our new sling bags are in stock. We'd love some feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team Disc Jock

Bogey Member
quiver.jpg

The back story here is that we wanted to have a starter bag that we could use to help get new players involved in the game. What we discovered is that this style of bag was a hit with the recreation players. Yet, 6-9 discs is just not enough for some of us - we have too many toys. So we opted to try out a larger sling bag.

armory.jpg

We've created custom stabilizer straps that secure the bag to your back which some have used to wear the bag through out an entire round. It is actually quite surprising how little you feel this style of bag - even while driving.

We are interested in hearing what you all think about these bags, the concept, etc. Has anyone tried a sling bag before? Who would use them? What price is fair? We are currently selling the small bag for 15 and the large bag for 25. (More details about the bags on our site - http://www.teamdiscjock.com/c/4/equipment)

Dang I really like the concept for a small 9 hole course. I'm looking at the quiver, does the "internal media pocket" with a head phone exit port fit an ipod touch/iphone? How about bottled or canned beer capacity (even with less than 6 discs total)? Can I get a small, padded cigar pocket with zipper custom added?

@ChampViking - no the media pocket is unfortunately undersized - a little over 2" so fits a nano, but not any versions of the iphone/itouch. It also lacks any specific drink holder areas. This round of bags are not customizable, but we are certainly collecting feedback for future bag concepts. Thanks!

Interesting concept. Might look into one of these bags. Guessing price doesn't include shipping.

Correct - flat 5$ shipping on all our products. Pick up the large sling and a shirt for a total > $40 and get free shipping. Or you could take advantage of the sale on our two newest designs and pick up both @ $10/each :)
sale.jpg
(Available in over 20 colors)

We've created custom stabilizer straps that secure the bag to your back which some have used to wear the bag through out an entire round. It is actually quite surprising how little you feel this style of bag - even while driving........

You mean its ok to wear on your back while you're teeing off?

Its a great concept but, I think a drink holder is a must.

I like the Armory. A lot. The main thing I see that I'd want is some kind of divider/disc organization in the main compartment. Even just top and bottom side-load pockets that fit 5 or 6 each would disrtribute the discs better and prevent a bunch of akward rubbing and bumping at the bottom of the compartment.

You'll get people clamouring for insulated drink holders, but for $25 I think their expectations might be a bit high. It would be a great bag for league night where I don't want to lug my full tournament set-up but also don't want to short my disc selection by bringing my Nutsac.

I like the Armory. A lot. The main thing I see that I'd want is some kind of divider/disc organization in the main compartment. Even just top and bottom side-load pockets that fit 5 or 6 each would disrtribute the discs better and prevent a bunch of akward rubbing and bumping at the bottom of the compartment.

You'll get people clamouring for insulated drink holders, but for $25 I think their expectations might be a bit high. It would be a great bag for league night where I don't want to lug my full tournament set-up but also don't want to short my disc selection by bringing my Nutsac.

Yeah the armory has two side pockets with the main side pocket holding 6-7 and the second side pocket holding 3-4.

I I'd say the standard is to use 6 discs in the main side compartment and 3-4 in the second side pocket with about half using the inner elastic pocket of the front pouch for a putter.

Good point on the drink holder.

This is what I am talking about! I personally love sling bags and its a perfect idea for disc golf, especially on shorter courses or quick rounds! I would definitely pick up the armory for 25, that is an amazing price compare even to a crunch box that can hold just a bit more. I will definitely be buying one of these. If the design gets even just one water bottle holder in the future I would be ecstatic...as a matter of fact, I would be happy to test and review this bag for yall if yall are interested! Just PM me :)

Last edited:
If both had a drink holder I would buy both right now:thmbup:

so are these available now??? im interested in the quiver seeing as i am going on vacation to Sweden and cant take my entire bag and this is perfect for the amount of discs i want to take with me...

so are these available now??? im interested in the quiver seeing as i am going on vacation to Sweden and cant take my entire bag and this is perfect for the amount of discs i want to take with me...

It sounds like they are, just shoot him a PM and find out.

look pretty sweet, thinking about getting one for travel on the motorcycle, they look more comfortable than having my bag with backpack straps. Not sure about throwing with it on, though.

Took the plunge, Gun Metal Armory for me and Lime Quiver for the wife. I think it will allow me to shelve my Mojo for big tournament weekends and save my back during league and casual rounds this summer. Looking forward to seeing how they measure up!

Took the plunge, Gun Metal Armory for me and Lime Quiver for the wife. I think it will allow me to shelve my Mojo for big tournament weekends and save my back during league and casual rounds this summer. Looking forward to seeing how they measure up!

Thanks man! Boxed and ready to ship ... two more colors sold out.

How is shipping to hawaii? is it the same flat rate??? and whats the usual shipping time frame??? im leaving to Sweden in about 2 weeks

How is shipping to hawaii? is it the same flat rate??? and whats the usual shipping time frame??? im leaving to Sweden in about 2 weeks

Yes shipping is a flat 5$ even for Hawaii - we like simple. We ship USPS priority and they quote an estimated delivery date of Thursday so 4-5 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts