• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Selling] Our new sling bags are in stock. We'd love some feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
just bought a Navy Blue Quiver. i look forward to using it while on leave in Sweden. Ill be sure to take pics of it in use and send them to you guys... thanks again..

Dave

just bought a Navy Blue Quiver. i look forward to using it while on leave in Sweden. Ill be sure to take pics of it in use and send them to you guys... thanks again..

Dave

Awesome! Boxed and ready to ship. Down to 1 Red Armory, 1 Red Quiver, and 1 Royal Blue Quiver left in stock.

well, I think I got the last Armory.. I was trying to get a Quiver but either website error (it kept removing items from basket, kept giving me the default State of Armed forces America which threw off my PayPal, which caused me to not get a quiver as they turned up "out of stock") So I think the website could be better, but overall the product looks good for the price.

well, I think I got the last Armory.. I was trying to get a Quiver but either website error (it kept removing items from basket, kept giving me the default State of Armed forces America which threw off my PayPal, which caused me to not get a quiver as they turned up "out of stock") So I think the website could be better, but overall the product looks good for the price.

Then I am slowly hoping you work it out to get a quiver :popcorn:

Then I am slowly hoping you work it out to get a quiver :popcorn:

uh, yeah I did, I just added it to my order. There seems to be one quiver in Red left after my heavy handed, put everything out of stock website blundering. Sorry man. Going to see how they are and probably give one out to my SS recipient.

uh, yeah I did, I just added it to my order. There seems to be one quiver in Red left after my heavy handed, put everything out of stock website blundering. Sorry man. Going to see how they are and probably give one out to my SS recipient.

Then I hope you are my SS ;)

Sorry for the website hiccups. We have corrected Fishy's order and have made the Red Quiver available on the site once again - only one bag left.

Dang it, I knew if I even waited a few hours I would miss out on a first run, oh well maybe I will get an improved second run, someone should make a review thread for these bags on the equipment forum

did i get the last one of those mini slings? i orderd it last night and paid for it. says out of stock now.

lmk

- Tre/Harmon

So, having seen This $5 dollar version posted in this thread, i have become a bit skeptical of this product before I've even had a chance to try it out. If these bags are simply a rebrand of an established product, why should I be buying from Disc Jock, rather than amazon? It is solely "Hip, active, lifestyle" branding?

After perusing the discjock web site and comparing it to the Amazon page for the port and company bag, I see little difference. I note that disc jock's OP states:
"We've created custom stabilizer straps that secure the bag to your back which some have used to wear the bag through out an entire round. It is actually quite surprising how little you feel this style of bag - even while driving." This statement does not make it clear whether this applies to both bag models or to one of them specifically.

However, I fail to see this custom stabilizer strap on the quiver when looking at pictures on the disc jock web site.

In summary, I guess I will be able to determine if there is any difference other than logo embroidery when the bag arrives, but right now I am concerned that I will be left with feelings of buyers remorse for overpaying for a rebranded product. Disc Jock, did these bags you just shipped/sold out of include the stabilizer strap that will allow for driving off the tee with the bag on?

So, having seen This $5 dollar version posted in this thread, i have become a bit skeptical of this product before I've even had a chance to try it out. If these bags are simply a rebrand of an established product, why should I be buying from Disc Jock, rather than amazon? It is solely "Hip, active, lifestyle" branding?

After perusing the discjock web site and comparing it to the Amazon page for the port and company bag, I see little difference. I note that disc jock's OP states:
"We've created custom stabilizer straps that secure the bag to your back which some have used to wear the bag through out an entire round. It is actually quite surprising how little you feel this style of bag - even while driving." This statement does not make it clear whether this applies to both bag models or to one of them specifically.

However, I fail to see this custom stabilizer strap on the quiver when looking at pictures on the disc jock web site.

In summary, I guess I will be able to determine if there is any difference other than logo embroidery when the bag arrives, but right now I am concerned that I will be left with feelings of buyers remorse for overpaying for a rebranded product. Disc Jock, did these bags you just shipped/sold out of include the stabilizer strap that will allow for driving off the tee with the bag on?

I'm sorry if anyone has felt mislead here. We tried hard to explain exactly what we were selling - a sling bag that we have found works well with disc golf. We never claimed to have created a custom bag - just that we had bags for sale and had experimented with customized variations. It in no way was a gimmick to drive profits - in fact, we lost money on each large sling bag just to see if the lower point was something that people would be interested in or if everyone wanted highly customized bags for $100-200.

To be completely honest, we misjudged the disc golf communities support of disc golfer run companies (apparel/graphic tees in our case) and spent way too much money to learn that lesson (more than I'd care to admit), so we opted to be more cautious with a bag endeavor and instead opted to float a couple reasonably priced bags out to the community to see if there was any interest before we dove into spending thousands more building custom bags that we *think* people *might* like. (Anyone else find it odd that a ton of disc golfers will pay $10-30 extra for a dyed disc that adds no additional performance, but when it comes to non-disc related items they are frugal like they grew up

Again, when we looked to find inexpensive sling options we were unable to find any (I'm honestly not sure how the sellers on Amazon are able to sell those bags that cheaply.) Largely we figure that this was the same concept as dying a disc, except for dying a disc costs $.50 cents and sells for $10-$25 (20 to 50 times markup) and an embroidery embellishment costs $5-6 and adds no value.)

Nonetheless, I will follow up with each person who purchased these bags and work to make sure that everyone is satisfied with their order. If you have any further questions or concerns then please PM me.

I'm not going to sweat it. It's a (comparitively) minimal investment anyways. I know better than most people here what it takes to turn profit in disc golf apparel. I'm going to tweak my bags around a bit once I get my hands on them and will be happy to let you know what features and little things I think these bags could benefit from.

I do think there is a market for this. In the world of actual disc golf-specific bags, there aren't any sling bags out there. But the trick is always going to be giving them something they can't get anywhere else.

I'm not going to sweat it either.

DJ(Disk Jock) has given me nothing but awesome customer service keeping me updated on everything going on with shipping, order, tracking etc. Not to mention the fact they seem to be totally honest about the re branding issue.

On another note I went through the process of trying to order one of those bags on Amazon and it ended up only being only 3$ less than the ones from DJ after shipping it was going to be around $17.

That being said hell ya id expect to and be happy to pay the 3$ for the added effort for custom embroidery and possibly future changes not to mention the time and effort to bring the people in this community these bags and other disc golf goodies together in one place.

Not to mention awesome customer service and satisfaction of being able to suggest improvements on the bag/style for future releases.

I say f*** the haters. Stay calm and Drive on DJ:thmbup:

And I will be ordering a few of the awesome shirts on ure site when i get some extra cash!

Last edited:
This was kind of my opinion too. I never assumed they were a custom bag company, the start up on that is crazy. Maybe if we all give them good feedback about the bags quality they can make adjustments. I figure that they went out of their way to do the legwork so that we don't have to. That to me is worth supporting their endeavors as a disc golf apparel/ equipment retailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts