• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Over Buying Anonymous

Of course I'll lie to you. I've always liked this quote but I've forgotten the source. "A friend is someone who will allow you your delusions."

I'm sure you have the arm speed for a max weight, moonlight, 15 speed meathook. That one just has a high plh or you'd be crushing it.
rumpled i don't know what half of that means but thank you ...your good people. actually just the plh i don't get i'll have to google it.

Thank you for the kind words. Sorry about the acronym, by plh I meant parting line height. I think that is accepted jargon here, but I am not fluent in discgolfcoursereviewanese.

Thank you for the kind words. Sorry about the acronym, by plh I meant parting line height. I think that is accepted jargon here, but I am not fluent in discgolfcoursereviewanese.
it was i'm just not hip to the lingo yet ..working on it

I tend to be frugal most of the year and then all of the sudden I'll get this strong desire to splurge and end up buying 25 discs over the course of 2-3 months. Then there is a cooling off phase and the cycle repeats itself lol.

I think is fun to test out new discs, maybe even more fun than playing a round . . .

I tend to be frugal most of the year and then all of the sudden I'll get this strong desire to splurge and end up buying 25 discs over the course of 2-3 months. Then there is a cooling off phase and the cycle repeats itself lol.

Binge and purge?

When I first starting playing I bought and bought and alot of those discs were not right for me.I always thought I needed to have every discs but I don't do that anymore I buy what I throw

In the beginning, buying the latest & greatest was the futile attempt at improving the game (the Groove?! Ha!!).
What discs work best for me has, for the most part, been figured out, so after spending thou$and$, now my purchases are more about supporting the disc golf community.
To thin the heard, I have a couple of different means, one unintentional, the other purposeful. I have a propensity for losing discs, fortunately not discs I feel I can afford to lose. My patience for hunting lost discs of my own is very thin (I'll help someone else look for their lost discs until the cows come home). They are, after all, plastic (or rubber - Vibram) toys that can usually be replaced. The other way is to give away, intentionally, to local leagues for CTP/LP prizes. Or giving to friends.
If I were on f/b, I might do more in the way of trading online. But I'm not, so I don't.
All in all, how much you spend is your choice. As long as the bills are paid & the babies bellies are full, spend away.

Me on the way to check the used bin at PIAS:

giphy.gif

When new to the game it's so easy to get sucked into buying new discs for $10-$20 one at a time. Two years later and I'm sitting on around 75 discs and now today I play my average round using often a total of only 3 to 4 discs. Disc golf can still be one of the least expensive sports or form of exercise around. Now I use my inventory of discs to try to trade with other players to get a disc that I will actually use.

I have a problem where I convince myself that I need 4-5 backups of all the discs in my bag. And then there's a new limited plastic run/stamp that I need to have, so I need to have some of those too. And then Jeff Ash posts a sweet dye on a mold I throw on DDGA. And then one of my favorite pros releases a new tour series disc so I need a pair of those. And then I end up with like 300 discs in my basement. :eek:

But hey, I always have enough to bring along a few beginners!

hell I got 40 discs just in the back seat of my car...

check back in when you break 300 and your wife has rules about which rooms in the house are allowed to have frisbees in them. Yeah I had a problem called used bins and TP Cyclones. I haven't bought plastic in a few years, but I haven't been playing a whole lot either.

and yes compared to other hobbies, it's fairly inexpensive.
Talk to me when you stopped counting how many discs you have after you hit 3000....:D I had a room in my house dedicated to nothing but disc golf. I had two walls filled with discs from the floor to the ceiling. The rest of the room was filled with bags and boxes full of discs. My girlfriend at the time hated that room...so now all my discs are in my dads basement.

Talk to me when you stopped counting how many discs you have after you hit 3000....:D I had a room in my house dedicated to nothing but disc golf. I had two walls filled with discs from the floor to the ceiling. The rest of the room was filled with bags and boxes full of discs. My girlfriend at the time hated that room...so now all my discs are in my dads basement.

I concede victory to you sir:hfive:

My last order showed up on Monday, and there was a 10% coupon in the box for next month.

Here we go again!

Latest posts