• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Over Buying Anonymous

I concede victory to you sir:hfive:
Here's a five year old picture when I believe I had about 2700. A couple years after this photo was taken, I finished putting up the shelves on the wall on the right. At that point I was already over 3000...sadly this room is now a "home office" :\

picture.php

so what's everyone getting from black friday? got a dd mystery box a weekender 2 basket (my first) a dd trooper bag (first disc golf bag that wasn't a lunch bag) and a few discs super excited

Got a Nate Doss and Val signed Buzzz with their first collab stamp on it from Bevel Beer. 39/50. Wish I had another to throw, this beauty is going on the wall.

Grabbed two DLine MDs, PLine MD4, DLine PD, CLine BlackInk PD and a DoomBird 2. Got the BlackInk PD signed on the Discmania deal they were running. First signed disc for me so I'll put it on the computer desk.

Here's a five year old picture when I believe I had about 2700. A couple years after this photo was taken, I finished putting up the shelves on the wall on the right. At that point I was already over 3000...sadly this room is now a "home office" :\

picture.php

Holy smokes dude! You are most definitely a FIEND!!!! :clap:

I understand the "home office" woes...

picture.php

You make me feel better about my buying habit. :thmbup:
On a related note, I'm considering printing your picture to show my wife anytime she asks "why do you need more discs?" I'll just deflect the question by pointing to your photo and saying "at least I don't have a collection this big..."

Damn! Please don't take this the wrong way, but I hope I never get to that point :)

lol it's addicting....why i did this thread lol

I hear you. There's a local ski rental place in town that's getting rid of their remaining discs at cost, so basically half price. I bought 7 last Saturday, and stopped in again last night and grabbed 8 more. Grabbed a new DX, Blizzard and Champion Destroyer, and I can only get the most out of an Orc.

:\

I don't want to know how many discs I bought this year. Probably around 20.

Buying too many golf discs is nothing, though. Once you have 700 golf discs in storage, the wife won't notice another 20.

Buying too many guitars and amps is a problem. My wife quickly noticed the difference between six and seven amps. My wife right away realized that there was one too many guitars for the number of guitar stands I had. Can't sneak that stuff past 'em. Golf discs are a piece of cake!

Of all the hobbies/sports I have taken up in the past disc golf is by far the cheapest even when you have a disc buying problem. In the past I got burned out on disc golf and went from a regional tournament player to a few rounds a year casual player. That hiatus was almost ten years, and wow did things change since I was gone. The amount of disc manufacturers has exploded, and each have more and more molds available in multiple plastics. I don't know if I would want to be a starting out player with all of the current disc choices. It was a lot easier when I first started playing and the choices were between Innova and Discraft.

During my hiatus I sold 100+ of my valuable/collectible/OOP discs to get some needed money. Eventually, when I started playing again I wanted to try out some of the new molds that came out in the last 10 years (luckily only from one company). So I bought some used disc lots on here and the facebook groups, misprint mystery boxes, and hit some of the local PIAS looking for some used discs to try. Well, I found many discs I liked and were added to my bag so I needed to buy backups for those. Then I decided I was going to keep playing and bought a back pack bag, and then eventually a cart.

I'm sure after being back playing I have bought 100+ discs in the last year. I still need to do some updated disc inventory so it could be as many as 150-200. Even with a 900+ disc stash it still cheaper than most other hobbies I've had or still have. Plus, I've found from my past selling of my older and/or used plastic I can often make money on them or loose very little. What I am really saying is...

Hi, my name is Matt and I have a disc buying problem.

That's so ****ing good and so close to my story!

I hear you. There's a local ski rental place in town that's getting rid of their remaining discs at cost, so basically half price. I bought 7 last Saturday, and stopped in again last night and grabbed 8 more. Grabbed a new DX, Blizzard and Champion Destroyer, and I can only get the most out of an Orc.

:\

ok where is this magical wonderland i'm buying a tick..no no i got enough....well maybe a few more...GIVE ME THE ADDRESS lol

Of all the hobbies/sports I have taken up in the past disc golf is by far the cheapest even when you have a disc buying problem.

I rock climb and gear is really, really expensive. like $60 dollar pieces that are good for 8 feet of climbing.

I backpack, camp, all of that, and those hobbies have a high start up cost and is easy to over indulge in. The gear last forever, though.

I got back into rollerblading this year after 20 years or so, and skates are $200 brand new, also easy to get into buy/trading old skates...oops.

Discs are cheap in comparison to almost all of my other favorite hobbies.:thmbup:

Just wait until you start getting particular about runs of discs and wanting the exact right one. It costs at least twice as much for my PFN Teebird cycle as it would to cycle stock Teebirds. Same problem with S-WR Wraiths, too. I can only imagine the cost of being an S-DS Destroyer cycler.

Latest posts