• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

overstable mid with no skip

disc cogg

Par Member
Im looking for a overstable mid with very little to no skip. i want something to just sit when it lands. im using a pro rhyno at the moment but want something a bit faster and stable. Thanks for the advice

All overstable discs are pretty good skippers, mostly it just depends on the height and angle you throw it at. I throw a gator for this shot. If you want something that just sits hard, I'd try to find a softer plastic, like FLX.

flx drone skips huge. and sometimes into the basket to save par!

Yeah, even flx wants to skip. This is gonna be tough to find, honestly, due to the way most os mids are shaped.

Depending on how overstable your looking for, I haven't had too many skips, if any, from my wasps, in plastics from z thru Ti. I have had my FLX Drones skip though, sometimes bad, and sometimes into the basket.

Skipping has less to do with the disc than the throw and angle of impact. the reason overstable discs skip more than othet discs is that when they fade out the wing dips and that angling causes skip. If you really dont want skip you need to learn how to throw the disc you have so that it lands flat and even the no garantees.
Or you can throw it at an extreme hyzer so when your disc lands its perpendicular with the ground no skip then. As far as discs go vectors are nice...

Last edited:
Skipping has less to do with the disc than the throw and angle of impact. the reason overstable discs skip more than othet discs is that when they fade out the wing dips and that angling causes skip. If you really dont want skip you need to learn how to throw the disc you have so that it lands flat and even the no garantees.
Or you can throw it at an extreme hyzer so when your disc lands its perpendicular with the ground no skip then.

This. Also I've found that beaded discs generally skip less than non beaded discs. The softer plastic will help as well. I throw a Z drone for my OS mid. It does the job, and doesn't skip too far.

Make you current choice NOT skip. How about that?

I use this disc for that reason......Champ Gator! It also doesn't have much glide to it. So it works well into a strong headwind.
I can't how many diff discs that have been in and out of my bag, but the Gator is the only one that has stayed in my bag since day one.
If you want something with more distance and Glide. The Z Drone is nice too. Matter of fact, I carry both for this reason.

Just beat in whichever overstable mid you prefer throwing, especially in premier plastic. IME, any overstable mid with a significant amount of wear (because of the slower nature of the disc), will not skip wildly. Just takes some time, or cheap plastic (which oft loses its stability too quick).

So, find an overstable mid you like, and learn the pros and cons. It will become more consistent the more you use it. Almost like you've been practicing using it.

Or, find a magic disc. Yeah, do that. Magic is fun.