• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

P Boss, Sonic, Polecat, Zephyr, Birdie, RWP Roc, P1, P2, GM

JR

* Ace Member *
These are very initial results of cold weather horrible footing diminished power throws. The ground is so soggy that my rain boot was two inches sunk into ground. Tremendous damage to discs that's never happened before on my rugged home course that does eat up plastic. This was something new to disc punishment. I've had to take it easy because of arm aggravation so I may have started with more than usual power for the clothing and coldness. Or my improving FH snap is finally starting to show inklings of carrying over to BH.

Pro Boss 170 started out as stable as Star 175 Boss. Small nicks and burrs on the edge from FH drives landing on rocky hill. Tree hits did nothing visible. Not enough change from one day of playing other than visual but the rate rocks damage the edge it may be weeks from being a Katana :) However; this was the least suffering disc for the intended use out of the discs that took damage.

Before I launch truly into damage whining I cover the discs that survived relatively unscathed. I was surprised about Discmania P1 Maniac P-Line 175 because it's so soft and fairly floppy. Great grip stuck great to chains but despite the plastic it was the only one of the thrown discs that didn't take any damage. It's one of the straightest hyzer flip to flat driving putters. I used it to hyzer around a tree 210' and it would fly hyzer not budging to the left for a long while going straight. one of the ackiestif not the tackiest disc. New Whitler is about the only one that can compete with tackiness. Excellent for winter and wet weather but why does it need to be white vs snow hello? Nice straightness and quite good altitude keeping for the weight and diameter. A better putter than driver unless it's calm for driving. It's still limited in use as a driver like a TB in doing straight tremendously well far right anny also but the middle of that and hyzer seems less good.

P2 S-Line 175 is better as a driver but I still think winds will make life interesting with it. A fine putter. P1 and 2 are Aviar relatives so what would you expect? Neither is beaded P is taller.

150 Birdie holds altitude extremely well for the diameter and fades less than a Spike close to a Pure. It's easy to blow by 20' on long runs. When new it fades on 30' putts but it may lose some of that. some damage from putting and putt approaches alone on the curse. One drive on driving field flew flipped to flat without excessive initial hyzer for a putter. But it was a warm up low power 200' laser. 4-5' fade too high. The best grip for my small hands. Still not the fadeless laser out to 40' laser putting just aiming high for some mandatory loft to avoid hug blow bys. Maybe with use the fade goes away. I'm hopeful.

175 Polecat fades more and being taller rimmed is more difficult to grip. Took the worst damage I've ever seen a putter take from putting, approaches and one spike hyzer. Ugliest marks ever in less than ten throws. Altitude keeping is fine. Fade lose to a new Grip line Pure.

193 Zephyr with ultra class stamp meaning it's new felt too floppy while laser putting because I felt shock waves traveling through the flight plate. Not so noticeable when driving on driving field. Didn't dare to use it on the course. Thrown half way between a Comet and a Roc form wise it flew very straight. When putting it kept the height quite long while having speed. Then it decelerated quickly and started to fall like a regular putter which is fast compared to a speeding Zephyr. Which shows Jekyll/Hyde characteristic of this wide but tallish disc.

With the damage I was seeing I didn't dare to use my Cheetah on the course. 360' in mild rearwind lasered with some of the D coming from sliding on the ground. in headwind it late turned without me noticing a gust that could also have caused it. Sticking to Leopards and RRs on my home course thanks to harder plastics being available. I see no reason why this couldn't be used for straight drives on grassy courses.

I decided to spare my Sonic by not using it on the course. At 177 mine flipped more than the 150 Birdie but I've heard there are variations between Sonics so I wouldn't draw far reaching conclusions. Only two meter indoor putts and I'd say that larger hands should be able to get a nice fan grip from the tallest part of the flight plate. Just too large a diameter for me to get the best grip. Intriguing idea. Thumb works well on the grip enhancers.

Only drive with 180 DX bottom stamp Roc with a big dome gave it a deep quarter inch wide edge high gash so I stopped using it immediately. Maybe a smidge less HSS than a regular new DX Ranchero. Just one throw so not sure about lSS but it seemed milder.

Rw-pro 180 US masters 2009 flat topped softish Roc is nice in cold and wet weather. Great grip no fear of slipping. No damage. Phew. Me likey. Easier to grip and no flipping issues and not as LSS as a new DX Ranchero.

S-Line 175 GM felt hard and I wasn't expecting it to take damage. I used it the most and man it's covered in gashes deep and wide. I can't imagine it getting any damage from tree hits and grassy landings. No such luck here so... Abrasion resistance on rocks leaves a lot to be desired. It likes to fade fairly abruptly about 2/3 of Sentinel but this is a fast disc so it's long as well. The low for a mid height made FH drives nice. I was surprised how long it stayed straight with a long wobbling OATy FH drive. I liked it on the previous holes before 11 at Meilahti where I skip aced it for my first skip ace ever with a hyzered BH. First round with it :)

This disc is so fast and LSS that it skips a lot. The fairly hard plastics should help in that. The flight plate ain't as hard as the wing but the no damage to it. No upside down landings either. Perhaps the flight plate bending somewhat helps the disc to skip. Slow turn with Tomahawk and good D for my limited power. No idea about relative D because they weren't flat land throws.

The 150 Birdie can skip far from top of the basket. It's good to have around when tired because the power requirement for distance and height is lower than most discs. And for discs that can take (minimally) more wind than a 105 Wiz and doesn't need large hands to grip comfortably this is the best I've found so far.

Pro Boss pulled Dr. Jekyll after being Mr. Hyde. Now it flips and I need to relearn it. it didn't like even a little headwind but it may also be me not yet finding correct initial hyzer angle for most power levels. I've rarely had as hard a time pinning down initial hyzer needs as with this one. It may stem from familiarity how it used to be and not having rubbed it out of my system.