• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paracord Wrap For Zuca Handle...?

davetherocketguy

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Looking for recommendations for a wrap pattern for my Zuca handle. I have some paracord (one color) and have never done anything like this and it kind looks like a cool thing. Just curious what others have done...there are apparently lots of paracord patterns out there for this sort of thing...

I did a pretty simple straight wrap that's essentially #1 here, with a basic tie off at the and of the handle: https://www.wikihow.com/Wrap-Paracord-Around-a-Knife-Handle

Kind of weird, but if you search paracord knife wraps, you're right, there are a zillion options out there. Which one you want will depend on feel. When I was wrapping the handle on my zuca, I did a couple trials around a broom handle before I did a full wrap and thought it was a worthwhile, low investment, exercise.

I opted for the straight wrap as I didn't want the extra texture of a more involved wrap. It's great, may re-wrap it soon since I don't love the (visual) pattern of the paracord I bought for it, but that and boredom will be the only reasons for any re-wrap. I added a touch of glue at the ends to make sure it stayed tight, and it'd been solid for me for the last 2+ years without any issues whatsoever.

I used the basic cobra knot for storage racks but tied the knots closer together on the bottom so it looked like a wind on the top and sides. It looks nice and gives a decent grip. I'm too spoiled with foam.

If you figure out what knots you want to use, you should try to leave enough length to make birdie beads.

This looks great. I have just ordered the paracord to try this. I'm going to put some hockey tape underneath to keep it from slipping I think.

Good idea, although I've not had any slippage problem(I made sure to wrap it tightly).

Show us a pic when you're done!

Good idea, although I've not had any slippage problem(I made sure to wrap it tightly).

Show us a pic when you're done!

Well I tried a few times today. I've never used 550 cord before and apparently I suck at it. I'm going to need to practice for some time until I can get that fish scale tied on. It would also help if I had one of those feeder needle things like in the video.

Well I tried a few times today. I've never used 550 cord before and apparently I suck at it. I'm going to need to practice for some time until I can get that fish scale tied on. It would also help if I had one of those feeder needle things like in the video.

It took me 3 or 4 tries before I perfected the technique. One time I think I got all the way through and it still looked like crap...

Luckily, as a sailor, I could find my old splicing kit with plastic fids. A piece of dowel or thin metal rod might work, just secure the cord with duct tape...

8571535dafd183cac1a086c6c6f15115.jpg

So I ended up doing something simple for a first go. I like this, but it isn't as fancy as the fish skin type. I'll do it again after some practice.

This has hockey tape underneath to hopefully help with slipping.

This has hockey tape underneath to hopefully help with slipping.

I thought about doing that and I wish I had done it because slipping is an issue for me with the same wrap. But after I charred the wrap up a bit to prevent it from unraveling so much I haven't had any slip off the end issues.

Latest posts