• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul McBeth #27523

Not that it matters in the least, but I'm confident those are at best minority holders. There are others, or certainly were, recently, with more of a controlling stake. I'm not privy to the inner workings, but am pretty good friends with that crew. Carry on.

That is interesting. This makes me only slightly curious, in a passing kind of way, why they only listed those 3 folks on the About Us page as owners, but did not list the controlling owners, as you would say.

I'm sure by the time I hit submit reply, that will have lost interest in this, lol. I do however think it is interesting that this seems to be a sign that more and more people are seeing disc golf as an investment opportunity.

Who moves plastic? Probably not much debate about who is #1 in regards to selling named discs. From Marshall Street's email newsletter. Of course, this is only one retailer, but I would expect the numbers to be similar across the market.

So without further ado, here are Marshall Street's top 25 best selling discs of 2022:

ESP Buzzz, Paul McBeth 5x
ESP Zeus, Paul McBeth
Z Zone, Paul McBeth 5x
ESP Anax, Paul McBeth
Z Buzzz
Star Wraith, Climo 12x
D-Line P2, Flex 2
ESP Zone
Luna, Paul McBeth
ESP Avenger SS, Paul McBeth 5x
C-Line FD
Z GLO FLX Buzzz, '22 LIO
Halo Star Destroyer, Heimburg '22
ESP Swirl Luna, Paul McBeth
ESP Hades, Paul McBeth
Big Z Buzzz
R-Pro Pig
Z GLO Zone, '22 LIO
Eclipse Envy
Star Mako3
ESP Scorch
ESP Passion, Paige Pierce
DX Polecat
Star Mamba
Star Roadrunner, Greg Barsby

Paul McBeth's name appears 8 times on this list! Discraft once again has claimed the gold, taking up 15 of the top 25 best sellers.

I woulda bet Ricky could have at least cracked the top 25

I would wager the numbers look much different from Dick's Sporting Goods.

It's been a while, but I use to check out the Mich. Dick's disc golf selection when I would be on the road for work and they usually had Discraft on the shelf next to Innova & Trilogy. That may have changed in the past year since I stopped being on the road.

I would wager the numbers look much different from Dick's Sporting Goods.

Do they sell all brands? I think the closest Dick's is in Dallas and I've never been there. I don't go to Dallas if I can avoid it.

In the FW area, I've only seen disc golf items at a couple of general retail stores. I've seen a few discs and a basket for sale at an ACE hardware store that is near TCU and there was a small selection of discs at Academy.

Of course there are some disc golf stores in the area as well.

To my original statement, I would think that for stores that sell a variety of MFRs, I would expect that among named discs, McBeth is far and away moving more plastic.

Do they sell all brands? I think the closest Dick's is in Dallas and I've never been there. I don't go to Dallas if I can avoid it.

In the FW area, I've only seen disc golf items at a couple of general retail stores. I've seen a few discs and a basket for sale at an ACE hardware store that is near TCU and there was a small selection of discs at Academy.

Of course there are some disc golf stores in the area as well.

To my original statement, I would think that for stores that sell a variety of MFRs, I would expect that among named discs, McBeth is far and away moving more plastic.

The Dallas Dick's I've seen only have a small end-cap display of Innova stuff, maybe a few DD.

Who moves plastic? Probably not much debate about who is #1 in regards to selling named discs.
Paul McBeth's name appears 8 times on this list! Discraft once again has claimed the gold, taking up 15 of the top 25 best sellers.

Seems really similar to 2021's results from MS with ESP Buzzz 5x McBeth at the top and 15/25 of the top sellers being Discraft as well. Winning a 6th Worlds probably helped the sales for the 5x McBeth discs a bit due to collectors/speculators.

Last year the MS rankings had Discraft/Innova until 35th position (Lat64 Opto Saint) whereas this year MVP and Discmania took 3 of the top 25 spots away from Innova and Lat64's Royal Rive was 48th.

Did not having a stock signature on the Star Destroyer hurt the sales in 2022 or was the Heimburg Halo Destroyer just taking most of those sales? Climo Wraiths were the first Innova disc mold in Marshall St's rankings both 2021 (2nd) and 2022 (6th).

Seems like maybe the Trilogy purchasers go through the DD site or have availability to more retailers (local and online)? Not sure where Marshall Street ranks among the online retailers but I'd guess its not nearly the volume that Infinite Discs or Innova Factory Store ships out. Infinite puts out their monthly numbers specifying the plastic & mold combination but has posted the annual sales by mold only. That should bump up a few of molds which were produced in a lot of plastic blends and bump down molds like the Pig.

The disc on that list that is the best example of Paul's market power is the Avenger SS.

While it's a good disc, I doubt it was a top seller in any year except maybe the year it was released. Seeing the Buzzz at the top is no surprise. I would think it was DC's top seller most years prior to Paul joining DC.

The disc on that list that is the best example of Paul's market power is the Avenger SS.

While it's a good disc, I doubt it was a top seller in any year except maybe the year it was released. Seeing the Buzzz at the top is no surprise. I would think it was DC's top seller most years prior to Paul joining DC.

Part of my thought is that these are signature discs, so premium for the signature.

EDIT: just looked and it doesn't appear there is a premium for most of the signature discs--only special like the swirl.

Last edited:
Part of my thought is that these are signature discs, so premium for the signature.

EDIT: just looked and it doesn't appear there is a premium for most of the signature discs--only special like the swirl.

Is that list ranked by $s or units? I was assuming units, but have no idea if that's right.

I wondered about that. Possibly changing sponsors and a lack of stock has some impact on that.

I think the first trilogy Disc they mentioned was the Grace down around 45th or something. I always assumed they were the third biggest name in Disc Golf but MVP may have taken their spot

This was what tipped me off to how skewed the list was.

Unless the list is strictly signature/limited edition sales, there's no way the Avenger SS outsold molds like the Teebird, Leopard, Judge, etc.

I'm not arguing that Paul's name doesn't sell discs but I'll wait and see what Infinte Discs sales numbers look like.

Who moves plastic? Probably not much debate about who is #1 in regards to selling named discs. From Marshall Street's email newsletter. Of course, this is only one retailer, but I would expect the numbers to be similar across the market.

So without further ado, here are Marshall Street's top 25 best selling discs of 2022:

ESP Buzzz, Paul McBeth 5x
ESP Zeus, Paul McBeth
Z Zone, Paul McBeth 5x
ESP Anax, Paul McBeth
Z Buzzz
Star Wraith, Climo 12x
D-Line P2, Flex 2
ESP Zone
Luna, Paul McBeth
ESP Avenger SS, Paul McBeth 5x
C-Line FD
Z GLO FLX Buzzz, '22 LIO
Halo Star Destroyer, Heimburg '22
ESP Swirl Luna, Paul McBeth
ESP Hades, Paul McBeth
Big Z Buzzz
R-Pro Pig
Z GLO Zone, '22 LIO
Eclipse Envy
Star Mako3
ESP Scorch
ESP Passion, Paige Pierce
DX Polecat
Star Mamba
Star Roadrunner, Greg Barsby

Perhaps more impressive is that a single mold appears on that list four times, (twice in the top 5).