• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul McBeth #27523

Just as we will never see another 12x, I doubt we'll see another 6x. Given the sport's growt, rising talent level, and the resulting depth of the field, those sorts of accomplishments will become increasingly difficult to achieve.
I doubt we will see enough players make to World Championships on MPO to have more then 10 players from Pro Tour given how hard Pro Tour courses are now where a majority of players are injuring themselves every weekend having to throw farther then had to in past, where every course has a 1000+ foot hole and rest are 500+ feet. Even worse rare short courses on Pro tour being so technical players outside of tee pad are slipping all of the time due to 0% good footing after the tee pad or hitting branches on throws because course is a Plinko/Plinco course.

It will come down to what players in top 50 of MPO who can remain healthy playing in a season and can play come the PDGA World Championship so basically those players who have a 1990's-- 2000's NHL body for pain tolerance seeing how more and more players are having to play in qualifiers. For same reason fewer players want to play in a qualifier becuse players rankings somhow drop by 10 points in a qualifier because nobody in top 20--30 MPO is needing to be playing in qualifiers for a tournament so they do not play in tournament or are not allowed and somehow PDGA does not understand ranking system when looking in on a pro perspective seems broken.

I am happy season does not start in Vegas in February becuse I thought off season had become way short on only 75--80 days barely 2.5--3 months from end of season when I remember in 2000's on National tour/big, massive A tier events all pro players went to, off season was in very late February--first weekend of March not early--mid February.

I'll take the under as well, but I'll also wager he takes 4 top tens and 1 podium this year.

Just as we will never see another 12x, I doubt we'll see another 6x. Given the sport's growt, rising talent level, and the resulting depth of the field, those sorts of accomplishments will become increasingly difficult to achieve.
I agree with the prediction, but I'm not sold on the reasoning. I don't think we can assume the growt trend will continue indefinitely.

Right now, disc golf is popular and it's relatively cheap for a park district to install a course. Those trends could change. A viral video of a serious injury could change the perception and economics of dg overnight.

I agree with the prediction, but I'm not sold on the reasoning. I don't think we can assume the growt trend will continue indefinitely.

Right now, disc golf is popular and it's relatively cheap for a park district to install a course. Those trends could change. A viral video of a serious injury could change the perception and economics of dg overnight.
Perhaps....but, a viral video of serious injury in tennis, softball, pickleball, basketball, biking, mountain biking.....could be said to be of the same risk.

Completely agree that the game won't continue to grow at the rate it did post covid.

Just saying I don't expect the depth or talent level of the field to contract. Hence the chances of anyone dominating like Ken or Paul seem slimmer than ever.

Last edited:
What exactly is a "viral video of a serious injury"? Someone about to tee off on the local 9 hole course when a polecat launches itself at their throat from offscreen, causing them to run around screaming and spurting blood until they fall down a storm drain and explode, making everyone who sees it think, "yep, that's me if I continue with recreational disc golf"?

What exactly is a "viral video of a serious injury"? Someone about to tee off on the local 9 hole course when a polecat launches itself at their throat from offscreen, causing them to run around screaming and spurting blood until they fall down a storm drain and explode, making everyone who sees it think, "yep, that's me if I continue with recreational disc golf"?
I saw a guy's forehead get split wide open at a tournament years ago. He wasn't exactly spurting, but there was a lot of blood. Think if something like that happens to a little kid at a mixed use park.

There have been at least a couple of lawsuits due to bystanders getting hit that I'm aware of and I believe a course in California got pulled as a result.

Do I expect my hypothetical to happen tomorrow? Of course not. Could it happen at some time in the future? Sure.

The woman at the park in California who got hit with a high speed driver and after multiple surgeries lost sight in her eye so she sued the city for over $1 million. Had there been video, that would have been a bad look for the sport.

O/U has to be .5. I will take the under.
I was having the same thought about the O/U line. I'll be an optimist for muh boy but will predict just 1 win this year.

I'll take the under as well, but I'll also wager he takes 4 top tens and 1 podium this year.
Interesting. I really am not sure how far pushed "down the pile" he will be this year. But if he doesn't return to form & his early season is any indication, it might not look so hot for him.

I was having the same thought about the O/U line. I'll be an optimist for muh boy but will predict just 1 win this year.

Interesting. I really am not sure how far pushed "down the pile" he will be this year. But if he doesn't return to form & his early season is any indication, it might not look so hot for him.
Paul McBeth has had up and down seasons before like one of his final years with Innova having to use an old Innova tournament quad strap bag before having to quit for a few months nearer to the end of season.

The woman at the park in California who got hit with a high speed driver and after multiple surgeries lost sight in her eye so she sued the city for over $1 million. Had there been video, that would have been a bad look for the sport.
it'd be a bad look, sure. but the old any publicity is good publicity thing might get enough eyeballs on the sport to more than off-set any setbacks.

it'd be a bad look, sure. but the old any publicity is good publicity thing might get enough eyeballs on the sport to more than off-set any setbacks.
Completely agree with biscoe. Widespread knowledge of this would only add fuel to the NIMBY fire, making installation of new public courses more difficult.

I think it might be time...
cry-sad-gif.gif