• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul McBeth #27523

Isn't this the nature of high level pro sports?...Injuries...when the body is pushed to limits injuries can happen...but yeah, it sucks when the best of the best aren't playing.

For sure, I don't know where any "line" should be. In ball golf there's a clear separation between long drive competitions and the tour. But I don't think the DGPT is currently taxing everyone for their longest drive all the time.

The competitors who make it to the top will also have more and more physical advantages and power just to hang.

So it might not matter so much that there are a lot of very long holes, though some injury potential is always there.

For sure, I don't know where any "line" should be. In ball golf there's a clear separation between long drive competitions and the tour. But I don't think the DGPT is currently taxing everyone for their longest drive all the time.

The competitors who make it to the top will also have more and more physical advantages and power just to hang.

So it might not matter so much that there are a lot of very long holes, though some injury potential is always there.

I think a lot more of the injuries are course related, but not length related. I'm thinking more like ground composition or teecondition/material.

I think a lot more of the injuries are course related, but not length related. I'm thinking more like ground composition or teecondition/material.

Seems like it for the acute ones. I guess my worry is a bit about "overuse" ones too. But I'm not sure how big an issue that really is among the top players.

I believe Paul's problems are elementary... he needs to start throwing Innova plastic again. He was crushing everyone that showed up when he was throwing Destroyers.

I believe Paul's problems are elementary... he needs to start throwing Innova plastic again. He was crushing everyone that showed up when he was throwing Destroyers.

Then he switched to Discraft and crushed everyone who showed up with that only 8 months later. :D

It's almost like he could throw paper plates and stay in the hunt...

Washed. What is interesting to me is how much better the fields are and play overall. Just 10 years ago my local course even par was a 1000 rated, now it's 970.

I'm guessing if he had to choose between his lot in life 5 years ago (with Innova) and now, he would still choose now. The foundation, married with property and a McLaren, installing courses in third world countries, and still competing at a high level at the sport he loves.

One thing I have learned in life is you can never look back.

Then he switched to Discraft and crushed everyone who showed up with that only 8 months later. :D

It's almost like he could throw paper plates and stay in the hunt...

At some point I think all those original discs he spent a long time learning while building his bag in 2019 got cycled out and he began trying to force in more of his own line of discs (Anax/Luna/Zeus/Hades/Malta). All the proto runs seemed to have come out more stable/OS than the latest stock ones and recent course conditions for tournaments have been a bit more extreme wind which he hasn't been getting as much while practicing/testing new discs.

He has a pretty strong track record at Idlewild/European Open/DGLO/Ledgestone courses. Hopefully his putt is on and he feels healthy overall to string together some strong results.

I'm guessing if he had to choose between his lot in life 5 years ago (with Innova) and now, he would still choose now. The foundation, married with property and a McLaren, installing courses in third world countries, and still competing at a high level at the sport he loves.

One thing I have learned in life is you can never look back.

You can definitely look back...you just can't go back! :D

You can definitely look back...you just can't go back! :D

Not according to Don Henley, Boys of Summer lolol.

[Verse 3]
Out on the road today
I saw a Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac
A little voice inside my head said
"Don't look back, you can never look back"

The Paulitician.

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    71.8 KB · Views: 172
  • 9f5somnu3sg91.jpg
    9f5somnu3sg91.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 116
  • n5trgn08tqg91.jpg
    n5trgn08tqg91.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 106
I didn't realize there was some bad blood between Paul and Brodie.

I remember when they did the whole thing with Paul seeming to bring him into the sport after he signed with Discraft. Isn't Brodie tied in with the Foundation people, who Paul used to do a lot of work with?

Isn't Brodie tied in with the Foundation people, who Paul used to do a lot of work with?

I could be totally wrong but I thought Paul and Brodie either owned it were part owners of Foundation Discs. I also think Paul bailed or sold out but not sure about Brodie. Someone probably knows more about it than I do.

As a (former) huge Paul fan and not at all a Brodie fan i must say i´m 100% on Brodies side here. .

The post from Paul is SO bad it´s even sad. .Does Paul even think about that the only reason he can get that $1M paycheck is the hundreds of people working their butt of for free to keep discgolf rolling. .

But reading Pauls post it´s hard to see that he even botherd to see the video. . and if he dont like officials at the card, than be a man and inforce the rules himself, the ONLY reason the officials are there is that the players dont call their friends on time. . . EVER. . .just we sitting and watching the +3,5h rounds on DGN that has to suffer. . . and we even pay for it

Hell yeah. We need more of this **** in disc golf.

Love some bad blood and Paul's supreme competitiveness and grudge holding is great for the game.

Brodie's willingness to ruffle feathers and get in the **** is a credit to him too. It's all great, give me more Paul's, Brodie's, Nikko's, and Drew's.

Hell yeah. We need more of this **** in disc golf.

Love some bad blood and Paul's supreme competitiveness and grudge holding is great for the game.

Brodie's willingness to ruffle feathers and get in the **** is a credit to him too. It's all great, give me more Paul's, Brodie's, Nikko's, and Drew's.

In a way yes. . . the Michael Schumachers, John Mcenroes in sports made that sport HUGE. . .for some reason people love to see people that hate each other meet in sports