• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul McBeth signs 10 year, $10 000 000 contract with Discraft

Meh... it wasn't his best tournament... it is a long season. If he is healthy he will have some wins... but the competition is getting better and better... each tournament should be a battle to get a W... and Simon isn't even playing yet.

Article describes this as an extension to his recent 4 year deal. Is it an extension, or did they tear up the final years of the current deal? If it is a true extension - he's signed through 2033 right?

I think in the video they mention the new deal replacing the previous one. They wanted a longer-term commitment from Paul before buying more equipment.

Congrats, Paul. Is Discraft going to start making McBeth towels, pint glasses, socks, touches, bottle openers?? I am going to need something to put in player packs for the season's tournaments.

Sounds like the cost of tournament business is going to increase as the price of discs rise??

I think people should be looking at the number of discs sold last year, not the amount of money that Discraft made. Without tournament sales for half a year and no Ace Race I am guessing they did not smash sales records.

Not to mention that all non essential Corona Virus stuff or foods was on two separate occasions in Michigan caused not only Discraft/DGA but the Michigan overmold company to be shut down as well. In fact, Michigan had some of the harshest shutdown production laws of any state.

Not to mention that all non essential Corona Virus stuff or foods was on two separate occasions in Michigan caused not only Discraft/DGA but the Michigan overmold company to be shut down as well. In fact, Michigan had some of the harshest shutdown production laws of any state.

They did, Casey. And honestly, I guess a shortage of plastic circles is the least of anyone's problems, huh? The shutdowns put a lot of folks out of work here and paralyzed the economy.....but it turns out, saved a lot of lives.

Meh... it wasn't his best tournament... it is a long season. If he is healthy he will have some wins... but the competition is getting better and better... each tournament should be a battle to get a W... and Simon isn't even playing yet.

Paul looked good, but at no point did he ever reach super hotness. He kept leaving himself too long of putts on most holes.

I think that wind in Vegas eventually wore him down. The last round wasn't very good.

They did, Casey. And honestly, I guess a shortage of plastic circles is the least of anyone's problems, huh? The shutdowns put a lot of folks out of work here and paralyzed the economy.....but it turns out, saved a lot of lives.

but the shutdowns went too far and from what I was seeing even on most liberal of media, that factories of GM and Ford wanted to go into making stuff for the Corona Virus like PPE masks or parts for the machines to help breathe like the replaceable filters etc and could not
do so until a wording was changed.

but the shutdowns went too far and from what I was seeing even on most liberal of media, that factories of GM and Ford wanted to go into making stuff for the Corona Virus like PPE masks or parts for the machines to help breathe like the replaceable filters etc and could not
do so until a wording was changed.

I do not want to hijack this thread for a political COVID discussion, but I think you are misinformed. I went back to nursing in late March and faced immediate and dire shortages of PPE and ventilators. The car companies were all in full swing, by that point, making both. Any gap would have been due to logistics, not politics. If you have interest in continuing the discussion, we should probably take it here. :thmbup:

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136400

I do not want to hijack this thread for a political COVID discussion, but I think you are misinformed. I went back to nursing in late March and faced immediate and dire shortages of PPE and ventilators. The car companies were all in full swing, by that point, making both. Any gap would have been due to logistics, not politics. If you have interest in continuing the discussion, we should probably take it here. :thmbup:

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136400

It was before that in February.

Anyhow this shutdown it is what Caused the Discraft/DGA and MVP trilogy shortages of production on stuff.

Has anyone ever confirmed that Casey1988 is a real person and not a bot?

Or troll...?

Through the 1st 3 rounds, Paul's round ratings were 1071, 1075, and 1038. That's an average of 1061--several points above even his current very high average. He was playing great, even for Paul.
And yet he was in 3rd place, 4 strokes behind Eagle, 3 behind Calvin.

I really think the days of Paul (or anyone) dominating events is possibly over. Maybe a sprinkling here and there, but there are so many top players, there will always be someone playing 1060+ golf in any particular tournament.

Cases in point:
2020 Ledgestone--Paul averaged 1056 rounds...and lost by EIGHT strokes to Ricky
2020 GMC--Paul averaged 1061 rounds...and lost by FOUR strokes to KJ
2020 Jonesboro--Paul averaged 1058 rounds...and lost by one to Calvin
2020 Memorial--Paul averaged 1062 rounds...and finished in 3rd place, 5 strokes behind Calvin.
2020 DDO--Paul averaged 1067 and only won by only one stroke.

Maybe his level of play is not changing so much as the competition's level. But yeah, it is arguable he let off the gas in the last 9-12 holes, which is not like him.

I really think the days of Paul (or anyone) dominating events is possibly over. Maybe a sprinkling here and there, but there are so many top players, there will always be someone playing 1060+ golf in any particular tournament.

1070+ is essentially the requirement to win DGPT/NT events these days. It used to be 1050 average, and has shot up quickly over the last 3-4 years.

There are too many people who are capable of averaging 1070 over 3-4 rounds any given weekend. Back when Paul first broke 1050, the next highest ratings were in the 1030s. The top of the field is so much more crowded with top talent. No more dominance - but each weekend will be more interesting because of the lack of 1 dominant player.

Just saw this thread last night. First...wow. Ten million bucks. I remember when people on here didn't believe he was making a couple hundred thousand a year, and now he's not just disc golf rich, but rich rich.

And second: Going back to the first page, it's surprising to see that people don't know he's Mexican. As a Mexican-American myself, it's sort of sad to see that's he's not widely recognized as such, but it's also pretty commonplace for us to fly under the radar, especially if the person in question doesn't look that "Mexican," or doesn't speak Spanish. (I don't think Paul is fluent in Spanish, but I could be wrong) But I have to admit that it's cool that the (arguably) best disc golfer ever is Latino.

Latest posts