• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA gripes

It's possible if you renewed too early, the new rulebooks hadn't come back from the printer. So they sent you the new card and somehow you didn't make the list for getting the rulebook and tag sent later. I would contact the Membership Manager to find out.

The staff size is important. it could take a week to process tourney results, membership applications, ect. But the fact that it was a holiday weekend is an excellent point as well.
I just renewed my membership 30 secconds ago and we will see how long things take.

OH NO, 5 minutes and it still says I am not current :p

Ok, It is worse than I thought. I has been over a week and I have played in 2 sanctioned tournaments since. I am still not marked current, but they did accept my money for the officials test.

Here's my gripe;
If you arnt a current member you cannot see your stats.
"This player's PDGA membership is not current. Individual statistics, including player ratings and tournament history, are a benefit of PDGA membership."

Ok I get that, but why cant a current member see said stats of a non-current member?

Here's my gripe;
If you arnt a current member you cannot see your stats.
"This player's PDGA membership is not current. Individual statistics, including player ratings and tournament history, are a benefit of PDGA membership."

Ok I get that, but why cant a current member see said stats of a non-current member?

"Hey man, screw the pdga....dude, can you pull my stats for me from last year, thanks"

that's why. If they make you be a member to have your stats seen by anyone, it helps force more follks to join. Good move, or people would just post anyone's stuff for those who didn't re-join.

I saw that Steve Brinster hasn't renewed PDGA membership

So? Guy's got twin babies at home. PDGA membership probably isn't a priority for him until he plays his first event of the year. Of course, that's probably the case for a lot of un-renewed members at this point in the year...they aren't renewing until they have to, perhaps even with the TD at their first event.

Ok, It is worse than I thought. I has been over a week and I have played in 2 sanctioned tournaments since. I am still not marked current, but they did accept my money for the officials test.

Did you take the test yet, and if so how was it?

Did you take the test yet, and if so how was it?

You can see most of the questions without paying. It is not bad if you know the rules, but they are interesting scenerios where sometimes one key word makes a big difference.
As of today it still says I am not current. This is ridiculous, I paid 3 weeks ago!

Last edited:
i still havent received my new membership card/bag tag/or rule book :(

Mine took about 3 weeks after they emailed me and told me it was ready for shipping and would ship soon.

Also, bag tag? I got the rule book, PDGA disc and mini and magazine but no tag. Don't recall that being part of the package. :confused:

I think you only get the bag tags when you renew, not with the initial membership.

You can see most of the questions without paying. It is not bad if you know the rules, but they are interesting scenerios where sometimes one key word makes a big difference.
As of today it still says I am not current. This is ridiculous, I paid 3 weeks ago!

I just sent in a tournament sanctioning agreement and got an email back saying I couldn't sanction an event because I wasn't current. I am current and sent them the email receipt. So tournament is sanctioned but I'm still not current.

Yeah i haven't received anything yet either. it's been 3 weeks. not a really big deal. i got my # thru email so i can still register for tourneys.

WOW! so sad....you realize that they dont have a huge staff right? And as someone who runs an internet company, it is not a simple click of a button to make that happen and it takes some effort and a good amount of time. Plus consider the amount of people that start renewing in Jan/Feb. Too many people expect instant gratification, thats not how the world works.
This is a sad sad post and personally i would be embarrassed had I posted it.

I agree Smyith. I have been a member of the PDGA since 2006 and have a date setup in my Outlook Calendar in the 4th quarter of each year to remind me to renew instead of waiting until the day before my first event in January. I understand some people have gripes with the PDGA but I have never had a problem with them at all and their staff goes out of their way to resolve any issues I have heard about. Also, I think I have paid the same membership fee of $50 annually for the 8 years I have been a member which I feel should go up at least $5 - $10 every 3 years at minimum.

If anyone thinks the PDGA is run inefficiently, I would hate to see how you would react to a cancelled flight when flying commerically. Any hiccups the PDGA have are minor compared to many industries out there which are regulated and have enormous staffs.

I renewed on Feb 1. Received my renewal package last Monday (3/4). Nothing within the package was of dire need, so the delay didn't bother me in the least. I have the impression that the membership packages get send out in big batches, perhaps on a monthly basis at this point in the year.

For those not current online despite having renewed more than a week ago, have you contacted PDGA HQ? The OP in this thread may have been a bit overzealous in starting the thread to criticize/complain, but to his credit, he did go to them directly first with his question/concern. Got his answer pretty quickly too.

I got great customer support when I failed to get my initial package. Unfortuantely I never got the package. It was more odd than angering. Something like this

Me
"Hi I didn't get my package "
Nice customer service rep
"sorry for the problem, we will get one sent out".
Wait a month or two
Repeat

After going through this process about 3 maybe 4 times I lost intreast.

Latest posts