• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA gripes

I did not get an e-mail with my PDGA number for almost a week. Then after reading how others have gone months without receiving a package, the two did not bode well with me. I don't want my money sitting somewhere when I received less than par service, no number, and no confirmation.

But you did get the email. Congratulations, you're a member, what else are you looking for??

I renewed mine last week. I immediately got an "Order Received" email. At the bottom of that email it says

This email confirms your membership information as submitted. If you
spot an error, please contact us using the methods defined below.

We will review the information submitted, charge your credit card and
process your membership. You will receive an ORDER PROCESSED email
when completed.

Memberships are processed throughout the week; and uploaded to
www.pdga.com in weekly batches. If your membership is received before
5:00pm EST MON, you will be listed as current online WED EVE.
Memberships received after 5:00pm EST MON will be uploaded with the
following weeks batch.

If you are a NEW MEMBER, your PDGA # will be contained within the
ORDER PROCESSED email. PDGA #'s are assigned throughout the week; and
as late as possible on FRI EVE.

If you missed the weekly batch upload, and are playing in an event
prior to the next batch upload, most Tournament Directors will accept
this receipt as proof of payment.

This is an automated email sent out from their system. If you did not get this, check your spam.

The next day I got the "order processed" email where it states...

Package processing time varies depending on membership volume.
JAN-MAR - please allow 3-5 weeks for customization and assembly
APR-MAY - please allow 2-3 weeks for customization and assembly
JUN-DEC - please allow 1-2 weeks for customization and assembly

Once your package has been processed and shipped...
Average delivery time in the USA is 3-7 business days.
Average delivery time to Canada is 5-14 business days.
International destinations vary, averaging 7-21 business days.

Good question, there is nothing in the membership package that I have needed yet. A Stalker, a mini, the PDGA card, a magazine, etc...

Should have gotten an email a day or two after you paid for your membership with your new PDGA #. Paid for mine on a Thursday, had the # on Friday and played in a tourney that Saturday. Sure the package took 3-4 weeks but the PDGA # and membership was activated promptly. Bummer, sorry for your loss.

...and didn't see your last sentence. It's appreciated. I'm not making a giant fuss, I just like to know what is going on with my money and my orders. I don't play big tournaments that require PDGA numbers. I'm joining later to support them, but I hope that by doing it when they are less busy will take some strain off of them and I can get the support I'm looking for.

But you did get the email. Congratulations, you're a member, what else are you looking for??

I renewed mine last week. I immediately got an "Order Received" email. At the bottom of that email it says

This is an automated email sent out from their system. If you did not get this, check your spam.

The next day I got the "order processed" email where it states...

Nope, never got a confirmation with my PDGA number. PLEASE people, read my posts. Every one has said the same thing. I waited almost a week and never received a number. Just a notification saying they received the information. As your quote states, I was supposed to receive a second "ORDER PROCESSING" email with the number. Did not get it.

It's all taken care of and I'm not talking sh*t about the PDGA. I don't think anyone would like being left in the dark with an online order. It's sketchy and there's nothing being done about it.

Or you could always print it out yourself. It's not a particularly large document.
Not to stir the pot but this is a little ridiculous. first of all the PDF is 27 pages long. Secondly who would carry around 27 peices of paper in thier golf bag? and what would those 27 pages look like after a week. non legible is my guess.

The dude paid for a membership. is among many who have had issues with the PDGA "Fulfillment Center" and is griping about which i fill he has a right to do.

Like i said before i am a 9 year memer who has now been trying for a month to get my renewal package with no success at all. All i want is my Rule Book and everyday i check my mail.....nothing! Hell i jsut TD'd 2 B-tier events, hosted 147 players in a 2 week span an i can't get no love form the PDGA. damn i need to vent:)

Regarding the rule book, I downloaded a pdga rulebook app on my Android. Much easier than pulling out the actual rulebook.

Also, I was concerned about receiving my renewal package.

So instead of coming here and bitc*ing about it, I politely emailed Sara. She let me know what was going on and my package arrived within the next week.

That's the route I would advise.

Last edited:
Not to stir the pot but this is a little ridiculous. first of all the PDF is 27 pages long. Secondly who would carry around 27 peices of paper in thier golf bag? and what would those 27 pages look like after a week. non legible is my guess.

The dude paid for a membership. is among many who have had issues with the PDGA "Fulfillment Center" and is griping about which i fill he has a right to do.

Like i said before i am a 9 year memer who has now been trying for a month to get my renewal package with no success at all. All i want is my Rule Book and everyday i check my mail.....nothing! Hell i jsut TD'd 2 B-tier events, hosted 147 players in a 2 week span an i can't get no love form the PDGA. damn i need to vent:)

Yeah, perhaps printing might be a bit excessive. But you can download a PDF and put it on a phone so you don't even need a cell connection in order to read it.

It's nice to have a rulebook in the bag, but I find myself needing it very rarely. And if it's that critical to have, there are a few retailers that sell them pretty cheaply. I know, "Why should I have to buy something that I get for free??" If it's that important, renew early to make sure you have it when you need it.

Yeah, perhaps printing might be a bit excessive. But you can download a PDF and put it on a phone so you don't even need a cell connection in order to read it.

It's nice to have a rulebook in the bag, but I find myself needing it very rarely. And if it's that critical to have, there are a few retailers that sell them pretty cheaply. I know, "Why should I have to buy something that I get for free??" If it's that important, renew early to make sure you have it when you need it.
Good points brad. i agree with you that most golfers seldom need the rule book.

Also, I was concerned about receiving my renewal package.

So instead of coming here and bitc*ing about it, I politely emailed Sara. She let me know what was going on and my package arrived within the next week.

That's the route I would advise.
Not sure if you are directing this at me. but if you are here is my reply number #144 on page 15 of this thread.

"This needs to happen. i have followed the proper chanels of one being patient. Two sending a polite e-mial and three sending a more strongly worded e-mail as to the where abouts of my membership pacakge. all have recieved replys but alas here we are almost in May and nothing in the mail yet"

Sara is uber helpful and mad polite but plain and simple 2 e-mails to her over a 1 month span has still failed to get me my package. Glad you got yours though!

Not sure if you are directing this at me. but if you are here is my reply number #144 on page 15 of this thread.

"This needs to happen. i have followed the proper chanels of one being patient. Two sending a polite e-mial and three sending a more strongly worded e-mail as to the where abouts of my membership pacakge. all have recieved replys but alas here we are almost in May and nothing in the mail yet"

Sara is uber helpful and mad polite but plain and simple 2 e-mails to her over a 1 month span has still failed to get me my package. Glad you got yours though!

Why I canceled for now. I just think they have a huge backlog, and they don't have the best process in action at this time. Hopefully it'll get resolved, but I'm going to try again at the end of the season. Ryan at the PDGA office was very polite and helpful in telling me when they wouldn't be so busy.

No big deal for me. I understand being backlogged at work without enough help; we're not blaming the employees, it's just a really busy time of season and the system that's making me wary.

I had similar issues when I applied last year.

I had already read all the rules plus I wasn't playing tourneys so no worries there. Wasn't planning on throwing the disc so I wasn't itching for that to arrive.

I sent 2 polite emails, felt like I was getting blown off, sent a 3rd, stronger email and finally got my stuff.

Just not a big fan of the run-a-round.

Would like to support our governing organization but I just don't play enough sanctioned tournaments to accept the way I felt like I was treated/read about how others on this site have been treated.

Totally over the PDGA. I can appreciate and be thankful for the efforts of those that provided much of what I enjoy without feeling the need to support the org.

Latest posts