• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA iPhone app

We've tried to get all courses separated out in the PDGA Course Directory when we find situations like the Blockhouse because it causes problems tracking rated rounds at those courses.

I'm thinking a Windows app won't even be considered until after the release of Windows 8 and the ramifications of that system.

I'm thinking a Windows app won't even be considered until after the release of Windows 8 and the ramifications of that system.

Our priority is getting the Android version out and in sync with the iPhone version. After that, if Windows Mobile gains significant market share over iOs and Android, we'll consider creating a version for that platform.

-Theo

Our priority is getting the Android version out and in sync with the iPhone version. After that, if Windows Mobile gains significant market share over iOs and Android, we'll consider creating a version for that platform.

-Theo

updates on the android version?

No need to ask about the Android timing until you see the new PDGA website online. It appears little work can be done on either iPhone or Android app until the new website is up and stable because any development and/or enhancements will rely on synchronization between the apps and the PDGA course database for locations and ratings.

Using the DGCR API would probably be cheaper than reinventing the wheel :)

Excuse my ignorance, is this something offline that I could run without 3g? Id love a DGCR app on a samsung tablet :)
No, it's something app/website developers can use to access DGCR data. I think for an app you'd want fresh data anyway, there are a lot of course updates that happened everyday. The DGCR mobile site should be fairly speedy even at 1X.

PDGA app works just fine offline. But you need to be online if you want to load existing courses into the app versus manually insert them. Plus I believe the ratings calculation function only works when you're connected.

A major improvement for me would be allowing the input of an ssa for each course. The rating feature does not work that well as stands when loading the course data in because the different layouts are rarely available and the pars for each hole don't load for many courses.

I have got some wacky ratings spit out by this app and I think an ssa input and even a simple formula for estimating ssa would go along way.

Using the PDGA app

Hi , just started using the app and love it ! But on my 27 hole course , I don't usually play the middle 9 in the winter because they're up in the cliffs . Sometimes too dangerous with ice . The valley 18 (Manitoba , it's called ) is flat and snowy , still super fun ! My only beef with the app is that I can't eliminate the middle 9 to score 1-9 and 19-27 , it calls my round incomplete !

^^^

You could build/add a custom course with the desired info. That way you can "complete" your round. Obviously this route wouldn't calculate ratings but that feature has no appeal to me.

Latest posts