• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA iPhone app

TimG - any plans to create a DGCR mobile app for ipod/iphone? I realize there is the mobile site, which I have used to get to courses, but for us Ipod touch users, we cannot function without WIFI, which has not been available on any courses in my area. My wish list is a DGCR app that lets me score my round without wifi, and then when I reconnect to wifi, it automatically uploads my score to the site. I get the impression that for Ipod touch users who rely on wifi, the PDGA app does not provide this. Am I correct? I would also like to comment, that the crowdsourcing nature of DGCR, with frequent updates to courses and conditions, puts the PDGA site to shame, and any app based on the need for an admin to update the courses, as opposed to many users, is handicapped.

PDGA app works without Wifi connection then will do the ratings calculation later when you are connected if it's a course that was already loaded into the app from the directory. Users can add, edit and make changes to the PDGA Course Directory. Yes, Cliff has to "approve" the changes before they go live. The biggest problem with the PDGA Directory is lack of individual hole data including multiple pin placements.

TimG - any plans to create a DGCR mobile app for ipod/iphone? I realize there is the mobile site, which I have used to get to courses, but for us Ipod touch users, we cannot function without WIFI, which has not been available on any courses in my area. My wish list is a DGCR app that lets me score my round without wifi, and then when I reconnect to wifi, it automatically uploads my score to the site. I get the impression that for Ipod touch users who rely on wifi, the PDGA app does not provide this. Am I correct? I would also like to comment, that the crowdsourcing nature of DGCR, with frequent updates to courses and conditions, puts the PDGA site to shame, and any app based on the need for an admin to update the courses, as opposed to many users, is handicapped.
No plans at the moment. I looked into it before but it would be rather costly to develop and I really don't think I'd sell enough apps to justify that cost. If I was luck I might break even on the thing. Then there is the multiple platforms to deal with as I'd want an equivalent Android version.

How about if we default to whatever view you selected last? That way, once you select "Favorites", it would always start with that view?

Looks like this feature didn't make it into the last update. Is it still on the list? This is for the courses and players views when starting a round.

I also like to see the date and time of the round when I'm viewing the full scorecard. I'm usually on this screen when I start adding a round to my DGCR scorebook, but then I have to go back a few screens to figure out what time the round started. It would like nice to know how long the round took too.

Seems like all my local DFW course don't have the par set. Everything is 54. I'm not current so I don't think I can change it. I didn't even see where you could look at par on the PDGA site. It also seems nobody is bothering to put in new courses or update the old ones.

I wonder how many courses we have on DGCR that PDGA is missing. It is an odd twist because I'm guessing that is where Tim got the info to start this page with and now it is much more comprehensive.

No plans at the moment. I looked into it before but it would be rather costly to develop and I really don't think I'd sell enough apps to justify that cost. If I was luck I might break even on the thing. Then there is the multiple platforms to deal with as I'd want an equivalent Android version.

Tim,
I'm still lurking. I'm happy to develop it for you if the cost of the API and bandwidth can be managed. I can be emailed or Pm'd here. Thanks.

Looks like this feature didn't make it into the last update. Is it still on the list? This is for the courses and players views when starting a round.

I also like to see the date and time of the round when I'm viewing the full scorecard. I'm usually on this screen when I start adding a round to my DGCR scorebook, but then I have to go back a few screens to figure out what time the round started. It would like nice to know how long the round took too.

I apologize for not recording the first feature, but I just added it to our master requirements list. It's a pretty easy one to implement.

I also added the date/time/round time feature. Those would be good additions and not too difficult to implement.

Thanks for the feedback. Keep it coming!

-Theo

Our priority is getting the Android version out and in sync with the iPhone version. After that, if Windows Mobile gains significant market share over iOs and Android, we'll consider creating a version for that platform.

-Theo

My local paper is interviewing me for a disc golf related feature and I'd like to offer info on how people can find courses. Besides DGCR and the PDGA course directory, the PDGA iPhone app has a great feature for that. I'd like to offer a realistic prediction regarding when an Android version is likely to be available. How about"hopefully sometime next year." Does that sound about right?

Any other good sources of course location info?

Disc Caddy 2 can also import courses from DGCR so no manual work saving course information. There is also charts to track your progress and scorecards can be shared via facebook, email etc.

Is there a way to add courses to your pdga app? There are a couple. Newer and private courses around here that are not yet in the pdga's database i guess and would like to add them

My local paper is interviewing me for a disc golf related feature and I'd like to offer info on how people can find courses. Besides DGCR and the PDGA course directory, the PDGA iPhone app has a great feature for that. I'd like to offer a realistic prediction regarding when an Android version is likely to be available. How about"hopefully sometime next year." Does that sound about right?
The app will be coming out this year, but we don't have a target timeframe just yet. We have released two beta versions, and we're getting ready for another one soon. Not all of the application functionality is complete, but the initial builds have been very stable.

-Theo Pozzy

Is there a way to add courses to your pdga app? There are a couple. Newer and private courses around here that are not yet in the pdga's database i guess and would like to add them
Courses are added to the PDGA course directory through the pdga.com website. Here's a link for adding a course:

http://www.pdga.com/node/add/course

Once a course is added, it takes a little time before it is approved (by Cliff Towne, the Course Directory Editor) and synced up with the database the app connects to. When we get to the new website, that delay will be shortened substantially.

-Theo Pozzy