• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA members on DGCR

whoop whoop!

just ordered mine the other night; got it today! i'm happy to be part of the group and looking forward to participating in some tournies this year.

#64139, i like it. it has a nice flow off the tongue.

Played 1 tourney last year. I didn't enjoy how AMs got showered with plastic. Also, I have my own issues with the PDGA and don't like the fact that I have to pay $25+ for entry to tournaments, even after my discount. I wouldn't care so much if that money went to the local club, back to the AMS, or to some type of an outreah program... hate that some, if not most or all, of it ends up padding Pro pockets that I didn't even compete against.

All in all, I just prefer casual rounds with buddies and get my competive fix through my local club. I will not be renewing next year.

Unless you played pro, that money did not pad any pro pockets. It went towards payouts to the ams - so you just contributed the the plastic showers (mostly if not entirely within your own division).

10,285 here. I know, I joined late. I was strictly rec until the mid nineties. I used to buy their course directories though, back before this internet thing took off.

Right on thrembo, I did not even know the PDGA existed for years. Actually played in tournaments back then too. Now that I have joined (17958) I don't play competative disc golf anymore. I don't think I even had any idea that the game was more than a regional activity with discraft in the area.
I'm the biggest sucker in the World. I was pretty involved in the local scene (ran leagues and local events) but saw no reason to join the PDGA. The dude who TD'ed our PDGA events got divorced, ran off with his girlfriend and disappeared. I got roped into TDing, which forced me to join the PDGA and take the officials test. It was every short notice; I actually ran an event before I got all of that taken care of and forged the dudes name on the paperwork. In the five or six years that I was an active member I TDed 3X more events than I played in. I have not been current in 14 years. I still write "11351" on all of my discs, though.

7thousands, and current.
I played tournaments for a few years before I joined, didn't join till I went to pro division. To the folks of the mindset that the PDGA "does NOTHING for me", your off.......just off. I was around in the early years of my local disc golf club. The PDGA was instrumental in us installing our course, and holding our hands into larger (A tier) events. The PDGA has a big part in the popularity of the sport. There were no parks looking to install a course, that is a result of the PDGA!

funny-reading-its-fundamental-poster.jpg

Can I use this poster on every thread on this forum?