• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pdga #'s

Why don't you do the normal thing and just ignore him. I've read though a lot of his pDGA posts and found that a few posts later you go on a whine about him posting...why don't you save yourself a few keystrokes and move on.

There was one where I questioned his PDGA obsession.

Why do you have your lips glued to his butt?

Last edited:
Why don't you do the normal thing and just ignore him. I've read though a lot of his pDGA posts and found that a few posts later you go on a whine about him posting...why don't you save yourself a few keystrokes and move on.
its too evident that the accounts belong to the same people. come on man, this is a disc golf forum meant for disc golf related discussion. not for you to make two accounts so you can troll even harder then you do. what im getting at is this; if you dont have useful input on a particular subject, move on. im not trying to be rude, its just getting a little out of hand.

its too evident that the accounts belong to the same people. come on man, this is a disc golf forum meant for disc golf related discussion. not for you to make two accounts so you can troll even harder then you do. what im getting at is this; if you dont have useful input on a particular subject, move on. im not trying to be rude, its just getting a little out of hand.

Nice assumption, but wrong. T.Hizzle and I are two different people that share similar ideas.

Got burned out on tournaments for a number of reasons:
1. After playing AM1 for two seasons, I got loaded up with way more discs that I will ever need.
2. Moved up to Pro, and saw how jaded everyone was, not having fun. I didn't have as much fun playing Pro.
3. Realized I needed to quit job or putt 4 hours a week to make next jump up in skill.
4. Life events made it more difficult to commit to a full weekend day or full weekend.

Tournaments are fun, and I still play 1-2 a year, but I find league play much easier to digest (an evening commitment vs. a full weekend). Also I dig the group-love vibe at league play where you are playing for low stakes at the most, and you really do want to see the other people on your card shoot well. So, yea, league play is where I spend most of my discing time now.

Ditto to that!! Support your local non-sanctioned tournaments and leagues.

what are the most current pdga #'s at? What I mean is, if I were to register today about what # would I be getting? 51,000's-52,000's or is it even higher now?

I had played in a sanctioned event with a day pass last september, but then I paid for a membership during January, 2012, and have the number 51532

My point is that Chuck's statement about membership retention staying the same or an increase is false. Even the BOD minutes point out a -4.5% decrease. This is evident from looking at pdga #'s registered for tournaments. Far fewer players from the 2000's are still playing tournaments. Most of you will reach your epiphiny after about 5 years of membership. Just give it time.

#581 here. I was competitive from late 70s to late 80s. After that, I got married, had three kids (one with special needs), so I chose not to play/practice as much as I used to. Most of my tournament rounds are when I go to World Championships every 5 yrs or so, and I treat it more like a family reunion than a tournament, since I get to see old friends that I haven't seen in years.

I chose to keep active in the sport by being active in my local club, and also by serving on various PDGA committees. That way, I could work DG stuff around my schedule. It's hard when I get my butt kicked by people that I used to be able to hang with, if not beat sometimes, but I have no regrets.

#581 here. I was competitive from late 70s to late 80s. After that, I got married, had three kids (one with special needs), so I chose not to play/practice as much as I used to. Most of my tournament rounds are when I go to World Championships every 5 yrs or so, and I treat it more like a family reunion than a tournament, since I get to see old friends that I haven't seen in years.

I chose to keep active in the sport by being active in my local club, and also by serving on various PDGA committees. That way, I could work DG stuff around my schedule. It's hard when I get my butt kicked by people that I used to be able to hang with, if not beat sometimes, but I have no regrets.

This!

It might happen to me some day too, but I really think I have an amazing local community and would work hard to stay a part of it.

From the 2/15/2012 PDGA BOD meeting minutes:
-----
Memberships
As of 2/15/12, we had 7,830 active members
• Compared to 7,688 members at the same time last year
• This represents a 1.8% increase in memberships thus far in 2012.
-----

Uh oh. :eek:

what are the most current pdga #'s at? What I mean is, if I were to register today about what # would I be getting? 51,000's-52,000's or is it even higher now?

One way to get an idea without looking at tournament registrations / results or trial and error on the members search page is to look at the list of certified officials:
http://www.pdga.com/certified_officials

Highest number currently listed is 52,733.

They will need the extra money.

From the last board meeting;
As of 1/4/12, we had 3,841 active members
 Compared to 4,014 members at the same time last year
 This represents a 4.5% decrease in memberships thus far in 2012

Boy, I'm thankful my elected board members don't make decisions based on a 4-day sample.

Safe money says the year will end with an increase in active members, even in this economy, and will be fiscally sound.

# 21701 . Old friend of mine that i have fallen out of touch with has # 2934. I thought he was wasting his money. Funny thing when i went to look up his number i found this:

Member Search
Player Statistics Search | Member Search

Name PDGANum Current Class State/Prov Country Event # Rating Rounds Points Cash Won
David Clauter 2934 IL USA
David Clauter 2933 ON Canada

2 David Clauters, my friend is from IL. :confused:

There is only one major governing body to our sport. Why wouldn't you want to support it?

#24728 here. I love playing competive golf. Last year I played the most PDGA tournaments in a year since I joined. I did so that I could qualify for World's. I don't see membership dues as a way to get out of paying non-current PDGA dues in order to play tournaments....I see it as supporting our sport. It baffles me why people who regularly play the game don't support the PDGA.

I see it as supporting our sport. It baffles me why people who regularly play the game don't support the PDGA.

What if you don't agree with the direction the pDGA board is going? For example, did you know that they can appoint their own board members, meaning they are no longer accountable to their members by election. They also changed the bylaws to do this WITHOUT membership proxy.

How about the smoking policy? If the pDGA was so concerned about it's public image, why was smoking a sticking point? If smoking is bad for the sport, i guess alcohol is clearly OK since they have title beer sponsors for many NT elite events.

Have you ever looked at their financial statements to see where your money is spent promoting the sport? If you did, you'd find that the organization spends most of their revenue on office salaries, new improvements to a local course in GA (IDGC) and pro tour payouts and does very little to increase the disc golf footprint on the sporting landscape. To think your money is efficiently being spent on promoting the sport is a complete myth, and you'd find that LOCAL organzations do much more with a single $ than the pDGA ever would.

Hence my decision to NOT SUPPORT this organization anymore with $. It's not to say we don't NEED a governing body like the pDGA for rules or standards, but that we need an organization that actually does promote the sport, not supporting wages in GA.