• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pdga #'s

No. You might have people with higher numbers but I wouldn't assume they're all noobs. I've been playing on and off for about 15yrs and this will be the first year I'll have a number. A lot of the guys I play against have years of experience but never saw a benefit to joining.

I'm one of those players. My last tourney was the '95 Tennessee states. I never needed a number to ply tournaments so I never got one. My cousin is around 7400 but he hasn't played since '97.

If I had joined when I started playing I'd probably be around 4500.

I recently joined because I wanted to play in competition again and I really hate the $10 penalty fee that is slapped on you.

Well my number is 51577.

I am a higher number (45000's), but I'll answer anyway.

I didn't renew this year, just because I don't think I'll be playing many tournaments.

I don't think I'll be playing many tournaments, because:

1. I want to play more than the pace allows (i.e. two rounds for 8 hours or whatever)
2. It really is getting expensive, ESPECIALLY if I pay for my wife's entry fee too
3. Players pack is usually pretty bad at the tourneys I've played
4. If I do well, I only get plastic for it... I have enough plastic
5. Bragging rights aren't worth the entry fee
6. Potential to play with people who suck at life is too high

I'm getting back to how I started, just having fun playing casually, trying to get better for the fun of it.

26823. A few of my friends are within a 1000 of me and all live within the same area and still play. I joined in Spring 2005 but have been big ups and downs over the years on number of tournaments played. Most events I play in I'm more times than not the only one in my division in the 20000s.

joegraham you rock! i aspire to be at your level! i love the pdga. i know i will get burned for saying that!

29815, always been current. I'm the weekend warrior of the sport! The seriousness of the game comes in waves, but I play my fare share of tourneys.

#39220 for me. I've been playing tournaments steadily since 2009. I osscasionally have the pleasure of playing with #009. He's still around.. :)

4949. Joined 1990. Always been current as a pro except first year. I think I've played at least one sanctioned event every year.

29556. I signed up for the PDGA literally a few months after I the first time I played, so right around 2006? I tend to renew every year in hopes that I actually get to play more than 5 tournaments. I think 4 is the most I've played in a season :/

I've had the pleasure of playing with Women's Pro Elaine King (#3090, 5X Women's Champion) in two different tourneys, who said she was playing with the amateur Advanced Men to challenge herself. Even took time during a 2-group backup during a round to talk to an admiring female fan for 10 minutes about discs, form, and other things. One of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

I just joined two years ago at age 35, so my number is high (#45935). But I just joined recently because my area just isn't huge for disc golf. But it will be. I also think that the growth of numbers of players has been pretty "exponential," as has the development of courses, so of course the newer players that joined recently are more into it because they actually grew up in an era where it's gaining popularity faster. Add in Ice Bowls, collegiate play, etc., and there you go.

Last edited:
10285. I joined late! I haven't renewed in years though, as I had a falling out with them in the late 1990's.

I still play in unsanctioned tournaments.

Last edited:
Don't know what tournaments the O.P. is looking at. I looked at our recent event. Open Pro division full of 20,000s & 30,000s, Pro & Advanced Masters & Grandmasters have lots in the 10,000s, including a handful of 4-digit old-timers.

Those numbers were given out a long time ago, and players have aged. Those of us who've been in it a long time have known people who just tested the water for a year or two, and people who played 5 or 10 years and, almost always, it was life that drug them away from disc golf, or at least from tournaments.

im 41078. if i joined 1 year before i would have been 34000. there was a boom the year i joined and it has slowed down since. I have never played 5 pdga tournaments in a year but saw it as a small peice to pay for the sport i love

33536 Here, I logged 60+ rated rounds my first full year. Then I got married & had a couple kids. Now I still play but don't have nearly the time to play 5-7 days a week. Still try to hit a few events from my local club & some of the others, maybe a short road trip with the guys if possible. I played Am Nationals a couple years & ended up moving about 15 minutes from the course, I don't have the time to practice so I volunteer instead. & of course hit all the local dubs on the toboggan as possible.

#42709 will not be seen in play for quite some time, I got the number for my daughter as thats her birthday. Just missed out on doing the same for my son 52010 has already been given out.

formerly 9456... this is the first year i haven't been a dues paying member since 95. maybe the boneheads in charge will eventually decide there is value to retaining folks like me and come up with an inexpensive membership option.

37789, first membership processed in 2009. Getting my money's worth every year so far.