• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

Actually, for us update-watchers, I think so. The event has to be submitted and finalized 3 or 4 weeks before the update to get processed. I've learned to just be as patient as I can, and know that they'll all get in there sooner or later.

btw, I'm up a whopping 2 points, and therefore still Rec rated. I'm hoping this is my year to no longer be eligible for that division. :eek:

LoL I was hoping my events would hit so I would be eligible for Rec again.

First time being rated. It's only for one tourney and I got a 904. Crazy considering I threw +26. Of course Open was taken with +3 so I guess it's not that crazy. Nowhere to go but down from here, especially after Turtle Rock eats my lunch this weekend.

+10 to 799, which is a step in the right direction, but I am sooo getting hammered next time because my next tourney is The Battle of Seattle, and I played both courses this weekend (in tournament config) and got my butt handed to me!

I played my first sanctioned tourney and shot two rounds just over 900. I think that's good, but don't really understand the ratings yet. Is 900 a decent rating for an advanced player?

I played my first sanctioned tourney and shot two rounds just over 900. I think that's good, but don't really understand the ratings yet. Is 900 a decent rating for an advanced player?

I am going with no. Advanced players have a rating over 935 I think. So both your rounds in theory are below your standards.

Quick question on ratings: is a certain rating REQUIRED to sign up for a tourney? I'm trying to understand how these numbers can help you figure out what division to play in. PDGA's webpage gave had some numbers and I'm trying to figure out how I might sign up for another tourney. Based on PDGA's website, I should probably go down a division. I just know I don't want to play for plastic anymore...

If you're under 40 and want to play for cash, ratings don't matter. You have to enter Open. No other cash divisions.

Quick question on ratings: is a certain rating REQUIRED to sign up for a tourney? I'm trying to understand how these numbers can help you figure out what division to play in. PDGA's webpage gave had some numbers and I'm trying to figure out how I might sign up for another tourney. Based on PDGA's website, I should probably go down a division. I just know I don't want to play for plastic anymore...

850 and below = Novice (AM4)
850-900 = Recreational (AM3)
900-935 = Intermediate (AM2)
935 and Up = Advanced (AM1)

Those would all be on the AM side and play for plastic. You can always play above your rating, say you are 910 rated which would put you in Int/AM2, you can still play Adv/AM1 if you want to. You just can't play lower than your rating, using the 910 example the lowest you could play is Int/AM2.

You don't need any specific rating to sign up for a tourney. You do need to be a PDGA member to play in "A"-Tiers and above.

If you dont want to play for plastic anymore than simply sign up for Open/Pro. If over 40 years old, you can play Open/Pro Masters as well for cash.

850 and below = Novice (AM4)
850-900 = Recreational (AM3)
900-935 = Intermediate (AM2)
935 and Up = Advanced (AM1)

Those would all be on the AM side and play for plastic. You can always play above your rating, say you are 910 rated which would put you in Int/AM2, you can still play Adv/AM1 if you want to. You just can't play lower than your rating, using the 910 example the lowest you could play is Int/AM2.

You don't need any specific rating to sign up for a tourney. You do need to be a PDGA member to play in "A"-Tiers and above.

If you dont want to play for plastic anymore than simply sign up for Open/Pro. If over 40 years old, you can play Open/Pro Masters as well for cash.

Thanks for the info! That was a big help. I just played my first sanctioned tourney so all of these numbers are new to me.

Latest posts