• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

It appears that they adjusted the "as of" date on everyone's rating to be the most recently rated tournament in their average rather than the date of the last update. Perhaps that will alleviate the frequent question about why such and such tournament didn't get dropped because it's over a year old based on the date of the update. Now everyone can look at their "as of" date and go back a year from that to see why tournaments stayed or got dropped.

It's actually the date of the most recent update where you had a new rated round added, not the actual date of your most recently rated round.

It's actually the date of the most recent update where you had a new rated round added, not the actual date of your most recently rated round.

I don't think so, Chuck. I had two tournaments added in the update yesterday. The date on my profile page says "as of 06-Sep-14", which is the date of the most recent tournament in my average. If you are correct, shouldn't that date be "as of 29-Sep-14"?

It appears that they adjusted the "as of" date on everyone's rating to be the most recently rated tournament in their average rather than the date of the last update. Perhaps that will alleviate the frequent question about why such and such tournament didn't get dropped because it's over a year old based on the date of the update. Now everyone can look at their "as of" date and go back a year from that to see why tournaments stayed or got dropped.

Actually, I'm pretty sure they had to drop back to your most recent rated round prior to the earliest event that hasn't yet gone official (if that makes any sense). I have official events in my rating after the 'as of' date, but since one big tourney isn't included, my 'as of' date is August 26. Any way, it makes an interesting change. :eek:

Down to 894 :gross:

This should be the last 'bad' stretch of rounds going in. I have about 12 rounds being added in the next two updates with a low of 890 and a high of 972. The bulk of them are between 920 and 940 so here's to hoping I can start climbing for good.

Jumped 16 points to 985. Gonna try to maybe get one more tournament in this year to see if I can get 990. Gonna play my jest pro tournament whatever the next one is too.

bumped up 10 points. Couple of really baaaaad rounds that need to drop. Bad part is it will be next year before i can get them off and maybe get a 850 rating if i can get some good 900+ rounds to balance.

Holding at 987. But unless I come correct in my October and November tourneys, that will drop. Love that Yadkinville course, but played it horribly that day.

Up 1 point to 867. Thrilled to see some bad rounds from last summer when I first started playing events come off the rating sheets. The down side though, shot an unofficial 919 last weekend... that was surrounded by an 830 and an 848. ugh....

Two to three more events for the year, my goal was to hit 880, still very doable with the rounds that will be coming off between now and then...

Just renewed after at the end of a one-tourney summer, for effectively the 2015 calendar year.

As expected, I've graduated from Novice! Up 7 points in my first update this year, with one new tournament, and ejecting some old.

Hopefully I stay up, but I'm still a little sore I never won a trophy! Tied for first twice, but didn't make it in the playoffs.

I'll do my best to still think good thoughts about MA4, and encourage TD's to offer it. Even if it means fewer MA4's playing up in MA3 for me to beat up on ;)

Up 8 points from the last update. Still progress, but I recently played my worst disc golf in months at the last tournament. Still, all the rounds were above my current rating. I just need a few early season rounds to drop off next year.

I'm down yet another 10 points. Lowest rating since 2012! Hooray for injuries. Don't be stupid as you get older, kids. If it hurts, find out why and make it stop. Brushing it off doesn't work as well.

Latest posts