• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

first rating ever...955 im happy with that...

Well done! I guess they haven't made their way down to the Intermediate division yet for the CAC because my rating hasn't shown up yet.

First rating of 884 and I was just hoping to break 850 with only 1 badly played tourney under my belt.

Am I able to play Rec at this rating? Not that I want to sandbag, but a local tourney has the Rec division playing on Sunday and that's the only way I would be able to play. Saturday is Int. but I can't get off then. The only tournament I've played I would have been beaten by almost 1/2 of the Rec division. Thoughts...?

Sounds like there were people in that division that had no business playing in Rec if your rating is 884 and they would have beaten you. To each his own but I personally wouldn't play down a division even if there were a bunch of guys that chose to sandbag. It's not cool for those individuals who are Rec caliber players. For some of those true Rec caliber players, that may well have been their first tournament. I'm sure it wasn't exactly fun to get blown out of the water. Tournaments should be fun for everyone and never at the expense of those who are less skilled at the sport.

Up 1pt to 1010

Pretty good considering 3 good events weren't turned in by the deadline so I only had 5 rounds with one being a 965 that stayed in my rating. Has I known this I would have expected a little drop so I am happy to have gone up 1.

Next update I am looking to 1013.

Well done! I guess they haven't made their way down to the Intermediate division yet for the CAC because my rating hasn't shown up yet.

Sounds like there were people in that division that had no business playing in Rec if your rating is 884 and they would have beaten you. To each his own but I personally wouldn't play down a division even if there were a bunch of guys that chose to sandbag. It's not cool for those individuals who are Rec caliber players. For some of those true Rec caliber players, that may well have been their first tournament. I'm sure it wasn't exactly fun to get blown out of the water. Tournaments should be fun for everyone and never at the expense of those who are less skilled at the sport.

Scratch what I said in my last post Josh. I read Rec but was thinking Novice. :doh: You'll be fine to play in Rec. :)

Scratch what I said in my last post Josh. I read Rec but was thinking Novice. :doh: You'll be fine to play in Rec. :)

if you get on pdga site and check your standings, it has a "show ratings" feature, it will give your round ratings for that event they just havent been figure into this newest ratings yet, my rating was for a tourney i played in chattonooga. my average was 952 for the CAC

Up 2 to 904 hoping that I haven't peaked!

How do they rate you? And what should I expect going into my first two tournaments in the coming weeks?

It varies. I try to compare to last years at the same tourney's and it's different. There are SSA's but it depends on how other players do playing the same layout.

So I went up like three points.

I also caught a mistake in the ratings since two good rounds of mine were not given official ratings for some unexplained reason. Went back to the tournament page and saw that the intermediates, despite having enough people rated well enough in the Intermediate divisions alone, were not given ratings for the first two rounds. I emailed PDGA about it and guess what, they are only going to look into it for the next ratings update. Guess I am going to sandbag as much as I can until the PDGA gets its act together.

I guess this is where I'm supposed to post this...

961 > 957

Poor performance (928 2nd round in capital city classic) brought me down a few points. Driving a little over 3 hours on the morning of a 1 day tournament is a little too far for me.

So I went up like three points.

I also caught a mistake in the ratings since two good rounds of mine were not given official ratings for some unexplained reason. Went back to the tournament page and saw that the intermediates, despite having enough people rated well enough in the Intermediate divisions alone, were not given ratings for the first two rounds. I emailed PDGA about it and guess what, they are only going to look into it for the next ratings update. Guess I am going to sandbag as much as I can until the PDGA gets its act together.

The unexplained reason is the TD did not provide all the necessary information to the PDGA. It is not really the PDGA that needs to get their act together. GIGO!

BTW, with an 867 rating, you are 32 points away from the next division change. It seems doubtful that including those two rounds would move your rating up that dramatically. :eek: Enjoy "sandbagging"!

up 6 points to 921 ... I've gone from 902 to 915 to 921 this year ... been playing more consistently, and have been able to mostly avoid sub-900 golf in 2010 ...

Up one more point to 957. I'm going to get there even if it is one point at a time. 4 updates per year, 42 points to go...I should be 1000 rated in just over a decade.

The unexplained reason is the TD did not provide all the necessary information to the PDGA. It is not really the PDGA that needs to get their act together. GIGO!

BTW, with an 867 rating, you are 32 points away from the next division change. It seems doubtful that including those two rounds would move your rating up that dramatically. :eek: Enjoy "sandbagging"!

Already playing intermediate. Jokes on you.

Oh, also talked to the PDGA and the TD. PDGA's problem, not the TD's.