• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

Files are still uploading and syncing up. Hold off until later today if something looks off right now.

Dropped 11 rounds averaging 965. Added 6 rounds averaging 971.
Hall of Fame Classic had the ever elusive phenomenon of the ratings increasing from preliminary to official ratings. (maybe this is what Chuck means ^ about things looking weird for a few more hours!)
Jackson: 975 --> 981
Warner: 972 --> 976
Headrick: 968 --> 968
Warner: 978 --> 976
Average: 973.25 --> 975.25

Player rating up 2 to 964. This year has been remarkably (and slightly frustratingly) steady for me: 954, 959, 959, 961, 962, 961, 962, 964.

Up two. Glad the slide stopped at 990. Currently 992.

Also got my highest rated round! After update, my 14 down at Bradford is officially a 1068!

Call me bubble boy: back up that one point to 900. For a month there, I was tempted to go back & bag Rec. Played like it too. :(

Somehow my rating went up 3 points, although my recent rated performances have been pretty poor. I think that my super-lame showing(s) from late last year are finally getting bumped off?

Dammit.

Only up 7 points. Was expecting a big jump because of several events hitting where I was playing well above my rating. But there's one spectacularly horrible sub-900 rating from 2014 that just won't leave.

Down 5 to 924. PDGA leagues rate sooo poorly.
Same ratings given out in leagues as tournaments. They cannot be different because same calculation process is used. If your ratings in leagues are lower, it's because you don't play leagues as well as tournaments. There are just as many who shoot better in leagues than events.

Last edited:
Same ratings given out in leagues as tournaments. They cannot be different because same calculation process is used. If your ratings in leagues are lower, it's because you don't play leagues as well as tournaments. There are just as many who shoot better in leagues than events.

The leagues I play in locally are full of people that almost always play that single course, and have lower ratings because they get killed in tournaments.

My league rates poorly, but its because the course is harder than it plays for pros. The margin of error is so small at Mt Airy if you have a bad run on Hole5 it can cost you 4 strokes and 40-60 points. Also, a couple other holes that can take a 6 or 7 on if you aren't driving it well. The course par for the long layout is a joke also...

My league rates poorly, but its because the course is harder than it plays for pros. The margin of error is so small at Mt Airy if you have a bad run on Hole5 it can cost you 4 strokes and 40-60 points. Also, a couple other holes that can take a 6 or 7 on if you aren't driving it well. The course par for the long layout is a joke also...
The course doesn't matter. The average ratings of the propagators will produce the same average round ratings that night no matter how difficult or easy the course plays. It's close to a zero sum game on ratings whether leagues or tournaments. What people get confused about is the rating for a 52 in league might be the same as the rating for a 55 in a tournament on the same layout. But the conditions are not the same. The same course in tournaments plays tougher.

Tournaments also have fairly big swings there also. We have had this discussion locally for awhile, and there are a bunch of guys who don't play there cause of it. I think its just the course that does it, it has a wide scoring margin for int/rec players. I can just as easily shoot 57 as I can 75 on the same layout if I am not driving well.

Last edited:
The course doesn't matter. The average ratings of the propagators will produce the same average round ratings that night no matter how difficult or easy the course plays. It's close to a zero sum game on ratings whether leagues or tournaments. What people get confused about is the rating for a 52 in league might be the same as the rating for a 55 in a tournament on the same layout. But the conditions are not the same. The same course in tournaments plays tougher.

Unless you're going against a bunch of propagators that consistently shoot 40-50 points better on that league course than they do on any other random tournament course, because they play that course 90% of the time.

Course par means absolutely nothing when it comes to ratings.

In fact, course par mean pretty much nothing in relation to anything tangible.

The unofficial league ratings are kind of pointless to look at, since the rounds I shot 8-10 weeks ago changed after the last update. And still hasn't been made official till next update.

Tournaments also have fairly big swings there also. We have had this discussion locally for awhile, and there are a bunch of guys who don't play there cause of it. I think its just the course that does it, it has a wide scoring margin for int/rec players. I can just as easily shoot 57 as I can 75 on the same layout if I am not driving well.
18 stroke swing? That's on you, not the course.

Latest posts