• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

im gonna kick my TD's in the fckin testicals becuase they still havnt entered the freaking scores from the tournament two weekends ago...nor from this weekend!! dang it!

First time rating of 791. I am disappointed because one of the 3 tourneys I played in wasnt included. not sure why it was over a month ago. I should have been up around 830 from my calculations!

Oh snap, I went up 27 points to an unexpected 858! I went back and looked at some of my round ratings and several of them jumped by about 10 points. I am so excited that I can no longer officially play in the Novice Division!!! I have been playing Rec all along but finally feel like I belong there now. I can't wait for the next ratings update as well with a couple of good rounds this past weekend (my first 900+ round unofficially at this point) and more good rounds to come in the near future.

The ratings have been released a day early for the past four or five cycles now.

After the really crappy rounds that I threw when I first started playing finally fell off the 12-month timeframe I jumped 23 points this cycle. :)

Hey man, Good work making yourself no longer elidgable for the Rec Division!!

Hey man, Good work making yourself no longer elidgable for the Rec Division!!
Thanks, though I've been trying to play up to MA2 already in 2009. There was one event in March where I was only qualified in MA3 and then the big A-Tier where everyone pretty much plays their rating anyway.

Up +7 from 901 to 908, still having rollercoaster results though....I'll have a 850 rated round, followed by a 920. Guess since I only get to play on weekends is why, don't get home in time from work to get any practice in.

first rating

I finally got my first rating, 8 rated rounds (2 tourneys) - I'm 876. Not terrible considering the first tourney was practically all 850 golf. First tourney jitters are over, goal is to break 900 this year. Maybe pickup 3-4 more events, I'm scheduled for 2 more soon

9th Annual Tar Heel Tournament.
Midtown Chiropractic Raleigh Disc Golf Championship.

Total of 5 courses (4 on the midtown) Should make for some interesting rounds.

Got my first rating at 887 with 7 rounds. Hopefully this will be lowest rating ever. If only I could putt!

Only one of my 7 round ratings didn't change. 881 went 867, 855 went 862, 933 went 926, 890 to 894, 892 to 901, 868 to 874, and my 885 stayed 885. Overall it didn't really change my rating from what I calculated though 1 pt higher.

My first rating ever (8 rounds) is 929- not too bad after a little more than a year of DG. It really helps to win a tourney on your home courses and then do well in the next one 30min away.

So what are the rules on ratings and divisions? I think it would suck if I had to play advanced in my next tourney just because I did well in my first two ever. I just happen to suck less at woods courses than most other Intermediates.

My first rating ever (8 rounds) is 929- not too bad after a little more than a year of DG. It really helps to win a tourney on your home courses and then do well in the next one 30min away.

So what are the rules on ratings and divisions? I think it would suck if I had to play advanced in my next tourney just because I did well in my first two ever. I just happen to suck less at woods courses than most other Intermediates.

You still get to play intermediate :) Tops out at 935.

Full breakdown is here
http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/09PlayerDivisionsGrid.pdf

Sorry late edit here just to say :BAGGER: :) BTW it also means that Drew still gets to play intermediate (Remember his monster rounds from Alamance)

after 2 tourneys this year in Rec i got my first PDGA rating of a 919!
I'll be playing some Int now and the occasional Adv