• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

I was expecting to drop 6 points (based on my own tracking formula in Excel), but instead went up 3. Not sure why. Looks like my most recent 25% wasn't double-counted. (Maybe because all of my recent rounds were in league play and submitted on the same day?) Anyway, I'll take it!

My goal was to hit 900 this year. Been 870-885 for two years now. Now I'm at 888. In next update there will be also 927,927 and 905 rounds that I shot after this deadline. So it should be over 900 next month. I know I don't have time to mess it, because I'm not able to play any tournament in August.
And my rating should go up a bit when I get rid of 830 and 857 rounds that I shot in May 2017. Terrible memories... Now they are still in because of a tournament report from this June was sent in late.. I would probably be over 900 now if it would have been sent in time. I played one 927 round in flex start. And I would have played 8 rounds after those bad ones which are now more than a year old.
Those few bad rounds haunt me, because my tournament playing pace is quite slow. Two kids under 5 years old, job that demands quite a bit of time and not willing to play without proper training (to not to repeat those 830-850 rounds...).

Up 9 to 909, but I have a lot of rounds above that going in next update, so I'm on the way up. In a year, I'be improved 76 points.

+2 to 926. Suprisinf that I went up, I figured I was going to drop 10 points after the past several tournaments.

Ratings update is in. I did play a league a couple weeks ago but its not in this update. It will be interesting to see what my rating does after that goes in, first rated round since October.

We now have 4 players rated over 1040...

I think my current rating is 877 and I'm not current, atm so its hard to remember what events I played last year. As far as I can remember, my last 7 rounds from last year were...893 883 from October...884 884 in Sept...813 from a league night sometime in mid July and the disaster in early July... 761 751. Then the 871 from league a couple weeks ago...

So Chuck, do those two really bad rounds automatically count, regardless of the SD? If so... looks like I will be eligible for novice, lol...:\

They should be gone before too long either way. I plan on doing a couple more league nights soon and there is a one round ctier in mid Sept I hope to play...

Last edited:
My goal was to hit 900 this year. Been 870-885 for two years now. Now I'm at 888. In next update there will be also 927,927 and 905 rounds that I shot after this deadline. So it should be over 900 next month. I know I don't have time to mess it, because I'm not able to play any tournament in August.
And my rating should go up a bit when I get rid of 830 and 857 rounds that I shot in May 2017. Terrible memories... Now they are still in because of a tournament report from this June was sent in late.. I would probably be over 900 now if it would have been sent in time. I played one 927 round in flex start. And I would have played 8 rounds after those bad ones which are now more than a year old.
Those few bad rounds haunt me, because my tournament playing pace is quite slow. Two kids under 5 years old, job that demands quite a bit of time and not willing to play without proper training (to not to repeat those 830-850 rounds...).

And now I'm over 900. Went from 888 to 912. 24 points up is fairly decent improvement. Next goal is to shoot over 930 rated competition round and get overall rating >920. I've had 926,926 and 927 rounds by far. So it should be possible already 🤔
And I definitely know my issues/weaknesses so training those should give the needed boost to achieve 920 and maybe even more.

Down 11 points, and if current unofficial ratings hold I'll drop another 10 next time. That will make a loss of 28 points from the start of the year. I'm somehow actually getting worse as I gain tournament experience.

Holding at 870. Lowest rating in 5 years.

Bad Tennis Elbow had me lay off this winter. Putting never recovered (never was great to begin with). Working way too much this year. Way out of shape. Started turbo putting and getting decent at it lately. Been a tough year.

Up 7 to 878; had one tourney turn out great and another be meh; oh well, got a tourney I'm playing in September and the course suits my game. Just gotta put some work into putting practice

This could also fit in the Does Age Matter thread, I turn 55 next month and I have matched my highest rating ever from 2002 of 949. Ratings inflation over the years takes a big bite out of the accomplishment, but it still feels good.

I'm way up from 000! Got my first rating (low 900s) based on 3 rounds, ranging from 888 to 944. Now I'm trying to figure out whether to play my next tournaments in Intermediate or Advanced. Do you guys just pick something and stick with it? Or do you bounce up and down depending on the course and tournament?

I'm way up from 000! Got my first rating (low 900s) based on 3 rounds, ranging from 888 to 944. Now I'm trying to figure out whether to play my next tournaments in Intermediate or Advanced. Do you guys just pick something and stick with it? Or do you bounce up and down depending on the course and tournament?

Play to your level. If you are doing well in Intermediate and want to challenge yourself then move up to advanced. If you are still middle of the pack in Intermediate then stay there and get more comfortable and more consistent.