• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

I didn't play any rated rounds but had some from last year that should have fallen off. I didn't get a ratings update this month. Is that typical?

Unless i miscalculated something, which i might have, Paul should be rated 1057 after the next update. That would be a first, right?

Couple rounds came in, several went out yet I still have the same rating. Thought this update would lower but I won't complain.

In way more important news, Paul now owns the new highest rating ever 1057!

Why does it seem like I am always the last person to get my rating updated? I have checked around with many other people, and my hasn't moved yet. My last tournament was about 2 weeks ago, and people that played that tournament have theirs updated already.

First, are you logged into the PDGA website? Second, if you are logged in, some people have to clear their cache to see the update. Third, if still no update, check to see if the events you played still show as "Unofficial" meaning the PDGA has not gotten the results in time for the update. The STATUS message indicates where the report is in the process.

First, are you logged into the PDGA website? Second, if you are logged in, some people have to clear their cache to see the update. Third, if still no update, check to see if the events you played still show as "Unofficial" meaning the PDGA has not gotten the results in time for the update. The STATUS message indicates where the report is in the process.

I did a little research and I found out the issue... even though the tournament was in mid June, it looks like the PDGA received the report a day or two past the cutoff date.... Here's to looking forward to August's update

Down 1 to 959. I have a question for anyone who might know. My new rounds added to the rating were both above 960 (961,973) but my rating went down one. How does this happen? I've only been a PDGA member since the beginning of the year so I may not know the finer points.

Down 1 to 959. I have a question for anyone who might know. My new rounds added to the rating were both above 960 (961,973) but my rating went down one. How does this happen? I've only been a PDGA member since the beginning of the year so I may not know the finer points.

Shot in the dark guess without having any of your history to look at...one of your formerly most recent events was rated higher than your new rounds. Your most recent rounds (I believe it's 25%) get double weighted in the calculation of the average. If one or more of your rounds had been double weighted but no longer is, and the replacement for it is the double weighting of your new rounds, the new rounds might not be enough to raise the average. We could be talking fractions of a point too, as in your average was 959.7 (rounded up to 960) but now it's 959.4 (rounded down to 959).

Unless i miscalculated something, which i might have, Paul should be rated 1057 after the next update. That would be a first, right?

Wow. that´s quite insane that he can reach that in his first year with Discraft. .

Very odds to see Paige P dominate and still be rated lower that Cat

Shot in the dark guess without having any of your history to look at...one of your formerly most recent events was rated higher than your new rounds. Your most recent rounds (I believe it's 25%) get double weighted in the calculation of the average. If one or more of your rounds had been double weighted but no longer is, and the replacement for it is the double weighting of your new rounds, the new rounds might not be enough to raise the average. We could be talking fractions of a point too, as in your average was 959.7 (rounded up to 960) but now it's 959.4 (rounded down to 959).

Ok that makes sense. I should expect weird stuff to happen when I only have 11 rated rounds.

Ok that makes sense. I should expect weird stuff to happen when I only have 11 rated rounds.
I checked and your two new rounds when double weighted produced a rating one point less than your previous update when those previous two recent rounds were double weighted.

Stoked! Up 11 to 901. Was expecting mid 890s so to break the 900 barrier (which was my goal for the year), I'm super surprised even though my rounds for this year average 908. Now got to keep it up there!

Steady golf pays!

Wow. that´s quite insane that he can reach that in his first year with Discraft. .

Very odds to see Paige P dominate and still be rated lower that Cat

Bear in mind that ratings are reflective of an entire year of play, not just recent events. Cat has a insignificantly higher rating (3 points is practically meaningless) probably because she was better in the second half of last year and despite Paige's recent win streak, Cat's been pretty much in lock step with her all year score-wise. In fact, her wins have been by larger margins for the most part...9 at SFO, 7 at Masters Cup. Whereas the only event that Paige has truly run away from Cat was this past weekend and that's not in the current ratings.

Same with Paul. He was playing incredibly well at the end of last year while still throwing Innova (so it's obviously the archer, not the arrows)...late 2018 saw him take 2nd at MVP and Worlds, then three consecutive wins at Delaware, USDGC, and HOFC. I'd say his new rating is as much about dropping his less than stellar performances in early 2018 (including finishes outside the top 10 at GBO and BSF) as it is about how well he's playing right now.

If my rating had a tagline, the July 2019 edition would read:

"The descent continues."

First update of the year (the update previous) dropped me 11.... sadly. Shot like garbage at the one tourney I had played.

This update shot me back up 9. I had a decent tourney (~935 golf) that was added onto it.

The next update will drop me a little (last tourney avg was 914...).

Inconsistency is my bane.

Up 10 points to 778! May not be much to people on here with 900+ but with this being my first year competing and tracking rating I'm pretty psyched! So far I'm up 24 points from my initial rating of 754. My goal of 800 is within sight this year.

No change. Which is super annoying, since I've shot above my rating every round the last two months. I'm guessing some higher-rated rounds from last year must have fallen off