• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

Here just a fun example I remember of scores from the same round having 2 different rating sets. At the first round of the 2018 LVC the weather changed drastically during the day. Look at the players that scored a 53, half were rated 1017 and the others 1051.

https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/33918

So it is possible for players from the same round to get different ratings for the same scores!

I think what you uncovered was folks playing in DIFFERENT pools on the same day. That happens in these larger tournaments and only one layout is listed at the top, but they actually played different course for the round. Happens all the time at Words and very large tournaments like this one. No way all 163 MPO players were on the same course at the same time... try again.

I think what you uncovered was folks playing in DIFFERENT pools on the same day. That happens in these larger tournaments and only one layout is listed at the top, but they actually played different course for the round. Happens all the time at Words and very large tournaments like this one. No way all 163 MPO players were on the same course at the same time... try again.

Paul at DGLO 2018?

I'm pretty sure that at the 2018 LVC all of MPO played the same course with tee times. In the linked Ultiworld article, you can see on the horizontal axis that there are 41 groups. This is consistent with a 163 player MPO pool.

Link to Ultiworld Article

Also this PDF shows MPO all playing on same course(Note its from 2019)

Chuck,

I know this question has been asked and answered many times, but I can't find the answer.

I will have 30 rounds included in the next rating update. I think that my last 8 rounds will be double-weighted (25% equals 7.5 rounds and I rounded up). The last two double weighted rounds will come from a four round event. Which two rounds from that four round event will be double rated?

Thanks

Chuck,

I know this question has been asked and answered many times, but I can't find the answer.

I will have 30 rounds included in the next rating update. I think that my last 8 rounds will be double-weighted (25% equals 7.5 rounds and I rounded up). The last two double weighted rounds will come from a four round event. Which two rounds from that four round event will be double rated?

Thanks
I always thought that it was the two highest rounds. I feel like Chuck told me that at one point. Or I could have just assumed because it gave me closer predictions on my spreadsheet...

Chuck,

Thanks
What Woj said, they use the highest rated rounds working back to as many needed.

Rating back up to 966, which is what I pulled in for the October update last year before plummeting to my lowest rating in years. The difference is that last year my game was pretty stuck in place, where I kind of had to play really focused to hit 960s. I did an okay job of it, but a lot of things had slipped. This year I'm finishing out into the fall feeling like I'm on a real upswing.

I'll hopefully be adding 5 rounds of 970+ in November (I feel like it could be 990+ but we'll see). In December I'll drop a 901/933 pair (the annual Bark at the Moon - every few years I have to treat it like the party that it is). Right now - its been about 7 years since I held steady in the 980s and I think I'm getting back toward that sort of a place in my game.

Up 26 from 845 to 871. I had rounds of 892 and 901 replace rounds of 791 and 801. If only I hadn't lost my Luna right before the event.

Up 2 to 973. I'm really glad I didn't DNF at my last B-Tier even though I was playing with a wrecked forearm. No more PDGA this year. Hopefully my arm is good at the start of 2020 & I can keep climbing.

Boo. Down 6 back to 945.

I've lost my mental game for 1 round in each of my last 2 events (both 901 rated, while the other 2 rounds were 955, 970).

I'm disappointed because I was on such a long streak of not throwing a turd like that. Now I'm basically back where I began the year (942). My slow climb erased in a flash. Oh well.

2 more rounds to try to end on a high note.

Up 5 points to 857, just not enough rounds to really affect my rating this year. Most of the heavy lifting at Highbridge Hills got done this season so hopefully all of us at HH will have more time to play more events next year.

Up 7 to another all time high of 916... Been playing pretty solid this year. What's helped me is getting rid of the bad rounds. Instead of my bad rounds being 800-825, they are now 850-875.