• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Phase/Photon/Wave/Orbital Hype Thread

I never realized that they have been increasing the driver's rim widths by 1.5mm increments.

Switch class is 17mm
Volt class is 18.5mm
Tesla class is 20.0mm
And now the new 4 are 21.5mm.

So scientific. :thmbup:

No one can say they aren't precise in their progression. I think other manufacturers should take a hint and get some intelligent physics- minded folks into their production processes.

I never realized that they have been increasing the driver's rim widths by 1.5mm increments.

Switch class is 17mm
Volt class is 18.5mm
Tesla class is 20.0mm
And now the new 4 are 21.5mm.

So scientific. :thmbup:

So the question is, will they run out of all the good names before reaching 24.5mm? I mean at the rate they're going, they will have 8 molds (4 MVP and 4 Axiom) in each speed class and that's a lot of science words. ;)

^ Well there is an obvious basket name if they decide to make one.... The Black Hole... discs go in but they don't come out.

If they made Teslas in the 150's, I have no doubt they can figure out how to make these light, at least in Proton plastic. I'd guess they can at least get them into the low 160's.

I just bought a 157 proton tesla... It's the first I've ever seen so we'll see if it's legit..

Could it be?

10375152_971235206239785_4849026051892016821_n.jpg

The front pallet is incoming plastic pellets, notice the multiple straps to keep box from tearing and leaking thousands of tiny pellets. MVP marked boxes behind look like discs to be shipped. How old is this pic, btw?

Two words: Proton Photon.

I wanted to say it first.

I have loved mvp for a while but have not been excited over any driver releases yet. It may be the thin colorado air, but I have felt they were projectiles more than anything. Especially two of my volts and the tesla I tried. (I had one volt that had champ teebird-esque "Glide"). I like to think snap/spin wasn't a factor, as I throw further than the majority of other tourney throwers in my region.

I wanted to say it first.

I have loved mvp for a while but have not been excited over any driver releases yet. It may be the thin colorado air, but I have felt they were projectiles more than anything. Especially two of my volts and the tesla I tried. (I had one volt that had champ teebird-esque "Glide"). I like to think snap/spin wasn't a factor, as I throw further than the majority of other tourney throwers in my region.

I felt the same way about MVP drivers early on. They definitely get out there quicker. But if you want to see glide, throw an Impulse, Inertia, or Switch(full power) and you'll see them hang in the air nicely while getting comparable distance if not better.