• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Photos of the different tee types

gottafixit

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I'm pitching a course tomorrow and I was hoping to supply photos if the diffent type of tee options. I know I could look through courses but I also know it is easier to ask. SO if you have good photos of a tee type or know of a course page that does let me know where or email [email protected]

Needed
- Concrete
- Packed Stone dust
- Natural if Toe boards or boarders
- Rubber
- Anything else?

I'd suggest not giving them too many options or the town/land owner might choose a poor option but I'll email you pics of some beautiful brick teepads tonight. They're large flat bricks, not ones you'd see in a building. I love these things. Tough like concrete but "softer".

Good luck on the pitch man!

I'd suggest not giving them too many options or the town/land owner might choose a poor option but I'll email you pics of some beautiful brick teepads tonight. They're large flat bricks, not ones you'd see in a building. I love these things. Tough like concrete but "softer".

Good luck on the pitch man!

Thanks I like bricks as well. As for carpet it's a campus and I don't think carpet is a good option. I think toe boards or concrete are the best but i'm not sure what they would be willing to consider so I like to have options.

Excellent rubber tees at Shawnee State Park here: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2788 .

picture.php

Here is concrete at Winwood Church, a course in Houston, TX. This is hole 4, my favorite. Shots over a retention pond.

Attachments

• Windwood Hole #4.jpg
    Windwood Hole #4.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 275
Here is one of poured asphalt at Mcgregor park in Houston, TX

Attachments

• Mobile Photo Sep 15, 2010 20 30 09.jpg
    Mobile Photo Sep 15, 2010 20 30 09.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 296
Here is one of concrete in acton at River Grove Park in Kingwood, TX. Here the tee pads are huge. I will enclude a few more pics of this course:

Attachments

• Hole 3.jpg
    Hole 3.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 172
  • Hole 2.jpg
    Hole 2.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 131
  • hole 5.jpg
    hole 5.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 102
Here's the brick tees I was talking about. This tee isn't as level as the others but it's all about how well they're laid down.

I'll email them to you if I don't see you post here again.

Attachments

• P7170028 - Web.jpg
    P7170028 - Web.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 335
  • P7170070 - Web.jpg
    P7170070 - Web.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 200
Thanks for the photos I pieced together a little one page collage of tee photos, couple toe boards, couple crush, couple paver , couple concrete, and a rubber pad. Think it highlights the best options.

The ones I posted I have not tried in the rain. That's a good point though.

Mr gottafixit please post something about how your pitch presentation after you make it. We all hope it goes very well. My friends in your area (not DGCR members) need another solid course. Too much Bluemont for them.

do the brick ones get slick?

I think it depends on the brick you use. Falling Creek in Va used old bricks from the cities streets they had laying around and they are slick all the time. If it is raining, if it just rained, if there is due in the mornings and you have to walk. They did use a different type of brick on two of the teepads, and they do a little better. Now if it is a hot sunny day and the dew is dried up/never thre the brick pads are great and look good. The other good thing about the brick pads were they were free and allowed to county to afford to put the course in.

Oh I love those Falling Creek teepads...and I love Falling Creek. What a fun course.

So how did the course pitch go?

Someone here in TX mentioned long concrete pads???? looik at the pics from lake lewisville, tx. their pads are about 20 ft long.