• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Planning a course in Hodgenville, KY

ejank

how often would you visit a pay course in hodgenville. i have a backer that is willing to put in a five star course on rolling hills and wooded areas of there farm. and im just checking to see how many people would be interested in playing :)

It's close to Elizabethtown right? I gladly make a trip down to that course, I don't see why I wouldn't visit a 5 star course that's another 15 mins away... sweet

thanks for the quick responses guys, it should be similar to fun farm as far as the elevation changes go. and the fee is 5 dollars a day.

im planning on at least 3 par 5s and a hand full of par 4s, im the one who is in charge of development so im going there today to set up a mach course. to try out different routs and flow of the course

ive talked to innova and im trying to get a pro shop on the course as well. so im just trying to get a feel for how many ppl there would be to come and play and buy a few discs. the person who owns the farm dosent know a lot about disc golf but i would be the one running the pro shop and the course. the backer is looking to make there mony back and revenue so im checking on all of that for her.

im planning on at least 3 par 5s and a hand full of par 4s, im the one who is in charge of development so im going there today to set up a mach course. to try out different routs and flow of the course

You could host a bring your own basket doubles night to help raise funds for the course. This would also provide feed back to your course outline.

I would try to get input from as many dgers as possible before pouring any concrete.

Try to get in touch with Butch.
I can give you his number.

the green fees would be five dollars for a whole day of play, and there would be camping packs available so you could play camp eat all that for a flat rate. not sure what that would be yet

awesome idea kyflash, yea i would love the support form the dg community. i didnt think i would get this kind of response for a pay course

Well, you just might let them in free to get feedback.
If a player feels they have input in the design of the course, or played it before it was a course they will feel some ownership and will likely return.

that sounds like a great idea ill have to talk to the owner and set up a doubles night. yea the doubles would be free with donations if ppl wanted to help raise money for the course

I am not very far from there, I would play a course like this on a regular basis. You may consider a yearly pass for the locals (or anyone interested). Maybe a 1-time annual fee or something. Just a thought.

This is exciting news, I think it would be great to have another course in the area!

that was one of the options i was gonna go with, that and bi weekly free doubles to gain course popularity

im going there today to check the layout and make a mach course.

pm tomahawk