• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Plastic type for Escape

Jules B

Par Member
Ok, So I started playing maybe 4 months ago now. I bought an escape and can absolutely kill it, that thing glides for day, and days, and days.

Earlier this week I had one of my best drives at a local course with it, the down fall are the 2 trenches you have to clear before making the green. The drive cleared the first, cleared the fair way, and ended in the second one somewhere and I couldn't find it.

My question is mine was prime plastic, flew beautifully super straight. It has been getting beating up from normal use (but still flying straight). Should I buy another prime or is there a better plastic type that's going to give that straight flight off the shelf with out have to be beaten in like my prime escape.

I have a fluid escape in my bag that I bought used, but it doesn't have as much overstabiliy as the lucud I tried.

Try a Bio-Fuzion. Mine was a laser-beam off the shelf.

For what it's worth, I own 6 Escapes and the Fluid has the least glide and is the most stable. Lighter weight Fuzions are pretty straight too.

If you liked the Escape in Prime, get it again. You can buy 2 for about the price of a fuzion/lucid.

Prime will be the glidiest and straightest out of all the plastics.

My Prime Escape is much more understable and glideier than my other Escapes. I would suggest getting another Prime Escape but maybe also getting a Lucid or Fuzion to see the difference. A Lucid Escape will be able to handle a slight headwind better than a Prime Escape.

The Escape is one of my favorite molds of all time. I would also suggest getting another Prime Escape (or two) and also a Moonshine Escape. There are some relatively cheap misprint Moonshines on the DD website. The Moonshine starts off a tad more stable than the Lucid but for me beats in much nicer than the Lucid plastic does. I just like the way it wears in compared with Lucid. I also prefer the profile of the Moonshines and Lucids compared with the Fuzions and Bios, which tend to be more domey and have a broader shoulder.

If I could have only one, it would be Moonshine. :thmbup:

If you liked the Escape in Prime, get it again. You can buy 2 for about the price of a fuzion/lucid.

Prime will be the glidiest and straightest out of all the plastics.

This.

I would also recommend Fuzion plastic. Even if it starts out a bit OS, it will season in nicely and then will last a good long time. I'm a Fuzion (Lat64 Gold Line) fan. :thmbup:

I have a Fuzion, BioFuzion and a Lucid Escape. My BioFuzion i've had the longest, has a flat-ish top and is a good bit more understable than the Fuzion/Lucid. I throw it for higher trajectory S shots and distance shots where i don't want as much fade as my least stable destroyer gives me. On a good line, it's good for 425' for me.

My Lucid and Fuzion ones are approximately 1 year newer and I find that the Lucid is a tad more overstable than the Fuzion. I throw them interchangeably, usually deciding between them based on playing conditions, or how many trees i expect to hit :p. Example shots are 350' straight shots with ceilings. I'll reach for the Lucid Escape over my Teebird most of the time.

Latest posts