• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Playin' in the Rain.

I played with Midnight Biker in the rain today. Course has been hammered by rain for weeks. I didn't mind the rain too much, but I could have used a hover craft or air boat. That course was a freaking swamp. Grip did get a little tough at times. Footing sucked too. Give me 95 hot and humid anytime.

Everytime the first rains of the season come, i always realize that i have the wrong plastics.

I prefer star plasic, but everytime i try to use them in wet conditions i realize why i need champion, and kick myself for the plastic upgrade..... i am trying to get enough champion plastic to compensate, but not replace most of my star in the process.... alternates.... my boss and SL are star, but my wraith and sidewinder are champion....

Champ is actually my least favorite plastic when it's wet or cold out, pro and dx are so much easier for me to grip in bad weather, and star is still grippier for me than champ is.

I play often when it rains. The biggest key is to shorten your step when you drive to keep from slipping.

I enjoy playing on rainy days. I am often the only one there and it is very peaceful.

I play often when it rains. The biggest key is to shorten your step when you drive to keep from slipping.

I enjoy playing on rainy days. I am often the only one there and it is very peaceful.

I'll second the motion to shorten your step. I have a pretty athletic X-over but in slick conditions it can make for some good comedy for whoever I'm playing with. I stick with the Star and Champ plastics and tape my index finger and thumb with athletic tape to keep from releasus interruptus.

The local pro who taught me to play gave me incredible advice. Everytime it rains, he makes an effort to get out and play at least 18 holes. Doesn't matter if it sprinkles, doesn't matter if it's pouring. His reasoning is that if it rains in a tournament, he has an immense amount of training in poor weather, and knows he can play just as well as he can in good weather.

He's like 55 years old...and threw a 44 at States this year. So yeah, good advice. =]

Tips for playing in the rain.

Got a tournament tomorrow and the forcast is calling for rain. Not a thunderstorm, but still rain. I'm already planning on taking 2 or 3 big bathroom towles with me so I can have a dry towel durring each round and I think I'm going to wear my waterproof hiking boots and my waterproof parka liner (lightweight). Anyone have tips for what they do when playing in the rain?

You might want to head to the local sporting goods store and get a rain jacket that will fold up tight and fit in your bag. They only cost about $15. Also, bring some small towels to dry off your discs. And, wear some water proof shoes if you can.

You might want to head to the local sporting goods store and get a rain jacket that will fold up tight and fit in your bag. They only cost about $15. Also, bring some small towels to dry off your discs. And, wear some water proof shoes if you can.

the outer liner of my parka folds up really tight. I'll probably just end up wearing it all the time as the only space in my bag will be taken up by the towel and my discs. I recently water proofed my bag with camp dry so I'll be using the zip cover quite a bit. Small hand towels are a good idea, I'll grab a couple of those. Don't know if I have time or $ to get waterproof shoes. Where do you get waterproof shoes anyway? My boots are pretty comfortable. I can always bring a change of shoes and socks for between rounds.

Waterproof pants are really nice if you have any, pushing through wet brush or kneeling on wet ground in jeans ends up pretty uncomfortable by the end of the day. Bring extra dry socks for the second round, and dry shoes and socks for the ride home. Keep a towel inside your jacket to dry off your hands before your shots.

the outer liner of my parka folds up really tight. I'll probably just end up wearing it all the time as the only space in my bag will be taken up by the towel and my discs. I recently water proofed my bag with camp dry so I'll be using the zip cover quite a bit. Small hand towels are a good idea, I'll grab a couple of those. Don't know if I have time or $ to get waterproof shoes. Where do you get waterproof shoes anyway? My boots are pretty comfortable. I can always bring a change of shoes and socks for between rounds.

I just know from expereice , that if your feet get wet, you are not going to be a happy camper. Go to Walmart and get some "Waterproofing Spray" and spray your boots. That will help water proof them.

If it's gonna rain hard you might want to buy a couple large ziploc bags to keep your towels in -- it will keep 'em dry while you're not using them.

I have played in a couple tournaments that it rained at. Bring towels, at least two fresh ones for each rounds. Wear a good rain jacket, but one that doesn't alter your putting form. The only item that I have never brought but always needed was an umbrella. Standing under an umbrella is much better than just getting rained on. It also keeps your bag dry.

Most importantly, do everything to keep your hands dry!!!

If it's gonna rain hard you might want to buy a couple large ziploc bags to keep your towels in -- it will keep 'em dry while you're not using them.

Also, if you don't have a water proof cell phone, you better put that in a zip lock bag as well.

Latest posts