• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Playin' in the Rain.

I didn't know they made umbrellas for men. My wife has one though.

Of course they make umbrellas for men, they're really big so you can fit a couple ladies under there with ya :thmbup:

Last edited:
Buxton Woods/Portland[mt. golf] just had their first tourney Friday night, a glo-round doubles. Supposed to start at 7 pm, waiting for various bros pushed it to almost 8 pm---at which time the winter rains finally arrived. During the round I lost 2 discs, my MP3 speaker and an armed coozie[though I did get all back but one disc in the morning]. Fortunately there was hot food, beer and recreationals when we finished near 10:30---nice compensation for the sufferin'.

Get one of these. Great for keeping your hands warm especially if you put a warming packet in the pouch.

31WS1OnGVCL._SY300_.jpg

Shot my worst tournament so far this past weekend at the 2015 Carolina Clash.
My caddy was very helpful, my discs were dry pretty much the whole time.
My rain jacket helped a ton, the umbrella helped, plenty of towels..

but my god.. the footing is what did me in.
Many teepads were very slick and coated with mud..

I suppose i need to work on throwing from a much shorter run up / walk up.. and try putting a towel down on the pads. Does anyone use a towel in the grass? there were a couple par 5's that required some decent 2nd and 3rd shots to get down to the basket and even keeping the footing in wet grass was a bit tough. My shoes have some nice Vibram soles with good tread, but the grass and teepads were still pretty slick.

Yeah, I played the OMO and it rained (natural pads). Any sort of distance shot, I put a towel down. It helps immensely. And yes, a short walk-up or drop step (stationary rear foot, stride and plant only; my preferred method) will help with your confidence in your footing. It also makes it fairly impossible for anyone to call you on a foot fault!

Latest posts