• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Playing Through Etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure T-hug. Your throws are yuge. So good. Really. We wouldn't believe how far you throw. And accurate. So accurate. Really accurate. Believe it. Very far and accurate. Really. So good at disc golf. The best.

Which is why you need to set an example. New players learn by watching people who throw far. They learn technique, strategy, and etiquette.

The way you inspire jackassery, disregard even the most basic tenets of decency and society, and bring out the worst in those around you, maybe you should just run for President of disc golf.

What are you trying to convey here? Are you supposed to be Donald Trump? Why are you talking like Donald Trump? Do you idolize him? Why not be your own person?

Accuracy is my hallmark, actually... But if you say they are huge, they are huge. I mean, who am I to argue? You obviously spent a lot of time formulating this response, almost as much time as you spend clogging up your local courses as you thumb your nose at those with the audacity to ask to play through on you. I expect that you are seeking an elaborate retort. I am gonna just sit back and enjoy this one.

I apologize, Thug. In a thread about playing through, and on a site for dg, I guess I wrongly assumed your avatar pertained in some way. My mistake. I also don't watch the cartoons you do, and I never will, so I'll remain ignorant about "One Punch Man". Also, my bad.
I still think it is bad etiquette; however, to throw on ppl who are already playing a hole, regardless of whether or not they displayed bad etiquette by not letting you through.
That being said, the members in my club always allow faster/ smaller groups play through, even if we're playing solo. Its common courtesy and in the guidelines of most courses. I'm pretty sure its common courtesy to not throw over ppl too; though. If you came to the local courses here and did that, you would quickly wish you hadn't.

yeah, wrong or not, thug is gonna be thug and throw over heads... I doubt this happens all that often anyway...

If this were a poll, it'd be 51 (don't throw on ppl) and 1 (throw on people)... so, seems pretty concluded to me :)

edit: One Punch Man is a pretty iconic anime probably geared more to younger boys up to around 30 or so... it's a very fun and silly monsters vs good guys where the monsters are drawn in only a way that could come out of japan... For what it is and trying to achieve, it gets top marks.

Last edited:
Sure T-hug. Your throws are yuge. So good. Really. We wouldn't believe how far you throw. And accurate. So accurate. Really accurate. Believe it. Very far and accurate. Really. So good at disc golf. The best.

Which is why you need to set an example. New players learn by watching people who throw far. They learn technique, strategy, and etiquette.

The way you inspire jackassery, disregard even the most basic tenets of decency and society, and bring out the worst in those around you, maybe you should just run for President of disc golf.

+1 for creativity

What are you trying to convey here? Are you supposed to be Donald Trump? Why are you talking like Donald Trump? Do you idolize him? Why not be your own person?

Accuracy is my hallmark, actually... But if you say they are huge, they are huge. I mean, who am I to argue? You obviously spent a lot of time formulating this response, almost as much time as you spend clogging up your local courses as you thumb your nose at those with the audacity to ask to play through on you. I expect that you are seeking an elaborate retort. I am gonna just sit back and enjoy this one.

-1 for not getting it. All of it.

I think it is funny the discussion here, especially in comparison to the tailgating thread.

Thug, seriously, I don't know how you keep defending your actions. One bad throw, somebody sees what you're doing and reports that and courses can get pulled/not approved for sh!t like that.

I apologize, Thug. In a thread about playing through, and on a site for dg, I guess I wrongly assumed your avatar pertained in some way. My mistake. I also don't watch the cartoons you do, and I never will, so I'll remain ignorant about "One Punch Man". Also, my bad.
I still think it is bad etiquette; however, to throw on ppl who are already playing a hole, regardless of whether or not they displayed bad etiquette by not letting you through.
That being said, the members in my club always allow faster/ smaller groups play through, even if we're playing solo. Its common courtesy and in the guidelines of most courses. I'm pretty sure its common courtesy to not throw over ppl too; though. If you came to the local courses here and did that, you would quickly wish you hadn't.

Yeah, it often helps to read before you respond to something. Who knew? Keep that up, and One Punch Man will not be the only thing you remain ignorant about. Back on topic, it is not like I am throwing on people who are halfway through completion of a hole, hell, it is not like I am throwing on anyone at all. If a group is at a teepad, and they refuse to let me play through, I throw right as their last person finishes their tee shot. Nobody is in any danger. Why so many numbskulls wanna equate this with "throwing a disc at somebody" is beyond me. I chalk it up to a lack of clarification on my part, perhaps. Maybe I should draw pictures, like diagrams, those are pretty easy to understand. I assume your local course is full of Schwarzeneggers, and not modern Schwarzenegger, Terminator 2 Schwarzenegger. Regardless, if you are slow, and refuse to let me play through, I am going around you. Sorry, Ah-nold.

Just keep the thread healthy is all I ask... argue but don't insult... we're all just idiots in one way or another so give each other the benefit of doubt... plus, I'm half convinced this is a troll and we don't feed trolls here... right? ;)

Thug, seriously, I don't know how you keep defending your actions. One bad throw, somebody sees what you're doing and reports that and courses can get pulled/not approved for sh!t like that.

Yeah, that'll do it, and not the copious amounts of stinking drunks Coors Lighting their way around the course and rubbing non-disc golfers the wrong way, littering and swearing like it is their property. News flash, lots of people have been hit with errant discs in MN, I even personally know a guy who griplocked his Pro D Venom on the teepad and pulled it 90° into a bystander's face, five stitches to the eyebrow. No courses have gotten pulled here. Sorry to disappoint you.

I have talked to someone from this site who said they played a round with THUGNIFICENT (unfortunately) and they said that he threw terribly, equating it to "usually I'm much better than this" (or something to that effect) I only wish I knew where that message went.... either way, keep being awesome THUGNIFICENT. :|

Of course, he could have been making it all up, but why?

Keep fighting the good fight buddy.

I talked with someone who played with you and they told me you weren't really a robot, but that you may or may not have been made in Mexico. :|

Yeah, that'll do it, and not the copious amounts of stinking drunks Coors Lighting their way around the course and rubbing non-disc golfers the wrong way, littering and swearing like it is their property. News flash, lots of people have been hit with errant discs in MN, I even personally know a guy who griplocked his Pro D Venom on the teepad and pulled it 90° into a bystander's face, five stitches to the eyebrow. No courses have gotten pulled here. Sorry to disappoint you.

No disappointment here. I don't get too worked up over words on the Internet. I'm just relaying my experience with trying to get courses approved by local townships here. People dredge up any and all things they can to denigrate a course when public funds are being used. Even your own posts.

…and I'm sure that was an accident. But you are talking about deliberately throwing in the direction of other people on the course. A little different than an "errant" grip lock.

I have talked to someone from this site who said they played a round with THUGNIFICENT (unfortunately) and they said that he threw terribly, equating it to "usually I'm much better than this" (or something to that effect) I only wish I knew where that message went.... either way, keep being awesome THUGNIFICENT. :|

Of course, he could have been making it all up, but why?

Keep fighting the good fight buddy.

Hahahaha might mean a little more if you coukd provide me a name? I am gonna wager it was back last year when I had a bum shoulder from taking a digger on a road bike. If you have a name, you have some validity. Otherwise, typical B3NDER, talking out of his shiny metal ass.

Road bike?

Clydesdale?

Yeah, a Columbia Streak that I adopted and refurbished hahahaha. Doesn't like being ridden no-handed.

I am more of a mini-horse, if anything.

I see the excuse machine is up and running.

Hahaha my road bike mishap was pretty well-documented. Perhaps we should play for discs if we ever cross paths?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts