• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] PM Hades

I currently bag a hades and love that disc for a nice long hyzer flip disc. I bought a thrasher today for back up in case something happens to my hades, but how does the thrasher flight compare to the hades?

I have had 3 Thrashers and now have two Hades. All three Thrashers were WAY more understable than both of my Hades. I could only throw the Thrashers down wind. I have yet to lose either Hades right.

I currently bag a hades and love that disc for a nice long hyzer flip disc. I bought a thrasher today for back up in case something happens to my hades, but how does the thrasher flight compare to the hades?

For me, the Thrasher is slower, somewhat beefier, and less glidey than the Hades. The Hades will turn easier and hold the turn longer than a Thrasher.

The Hades is longer for me.... by a lot. Much floatier, longer flight than the Thrasher. The Thrasher has a more assertive late fade than the Hades.

Added a production run of Hades into my bag today to try out as my flippy driver. This is my first experience with the Hades outside of protos.

Very flippy driver. Flippier than most recent batch of Terns I've tried and used. I like throwing my drivers hard and flat, but this Hades requires hyzer flips to be successful, unless I'm doing very high sweeping turnovers. Makes for a good roller disc.

For me, the Thrasher is slower, somewhat beefier, and less glidey than the Hades. The Hades will turn easier and hold the turn longer than a Thrasher.

The Hades is longer for me.... by a lot. Much floatier, longer flight than the Thrasher. The Thrasher has a more assertive late fade than the Hades.

We got the exact opposite discs lol

Added a production run of Hades into my bag today to try out as my flippy driver. This is my first experience with the Hades outside of protos.

Very flippy driver. Flippier than most recent batch of Terns I've tried and used. I like throwing my drivers hard and flat, but this Hades requires hyzer flips to be successful, unless I'm doing very high sweeping turnovers. Makes for a good roller disc.

I tried a regular stamp Hades this year too. Flies pretty much like the protos. Fairly easy to turn, but generally won't flip all the way over.

Absolutely not a disc for any sort of headwind, but it does OK in calm conditions or downwind. Very long. Perhaps Discraft's longest driver mold. Easier to throw than a Nuke SS.

My regular Hades flies pretty true to the numbers (12, 6, -3, 2)

Last edited:
I've had a couple protos, bag a first run and have a domey stock run. The first run replaced a Crank SS in my bag, had experimented with a Big Z thrasher and while I really liked the Thrasher the clear distance advantage went to the Hades.

I'm not a big arm, I have scared 400' in a field with a good smooth relaxed throw and the first run but on the course 350' with it is a really good pull for me.

The first run to me seemed more stable, least the 2 I had, and the domey stock run has a good amount of stability but the first run is in a sweet spot for me. And I agree it's not a headwind or a reliable hookup fade at the end disk but on certain holes it's a go to, pairs well for me with a maybe little less than normal stability star Wraith.

What I am curious about though is the Scorch and how that will compare to the Hades, if it will have the same characteristics but at a lower speed requirement, I know this is a Discraft thread but the comparison that comes to mind is what a Wraith is to a Destroyer. Looking forward to throwing one and although I'm getting along with the Hades now, the Scorch may be a better fit for my arm speed.

Started tinkering around yesterday with hyzer flipping my Hades, and I must say that I was able to get some pretty nice flights out of that thing. I see myself throwing this disc more often when I need something that will flip up pretty easily and have a nice little fade at the end.

My 156g pop top proto hades seems to have beaten into an absolutely perfect spot for me right now. On steep hyzer I can get it to pop up a little and do long pushing hyzer flights, thrown with a little hyzer it'll flip up and ride then have a touch of hyzer finish, thrown flat it'll turn for a while and just push before finishing just a touch hyzer, thrown on high anny it'll just stay turned and never come back.

I'm reaching for it more and more and it's become a bit of workhorse DD for calm days. the only problem now is how I'll replace it when it becomes too flippy or I lose it. When new it seemed stable at my 300-320' power, thrown hard and flat out to about 400' it wouldn't turn at all, even when I let a 450' thrower try it there was just a touch of drift and then a still stable finish. I've tried a couple other first run/stock stamp and they've all seemed more flippy out of the box. Might have to track down some more proto's and see if I can re-create the magic of this disc into a backup.

So, Big Z coming out. What can we expect from this? I love my ESPs.

More OS I'd guess. I have one of the LE Z Hades and that thing is close to the flat Protos that I loved, but it's a bit more OS. Probably a -2,2ish flight I'd guess. I'll know more as I hear it from the PM and PP DC group on FB. I'm not spending any more $$$ on plastic outside of one more deal until Feb 2022, unless I see a crazy release I've been waiting for (Soft Luna and X Zeus would be a few).

I've got one of the 3x USDGC Cryztal Hades coming to me as well as a LE Z Zeus and I'll report on it when it gets here, hopefully Saturday, likely Monday.

More OS I'd guess. I have one of the LE Z Hades and that thing is close to the flat Protos that I loved, but it's a bit more OS. Probably a -2,2ish flight I'd guess. I'll know more as I hear it from the PM and PP DC group on FB. I'm not spending any more $$$ on plastic outside of one more deal until Feb 2022, unless I see a crazy release I've been waiting for (Soft Luna and X Zeus would be a few).

I've got one of the 3x USDGC Cryztal Hades coming to me as well as a LE Z Zeus and I'll report on it when it gets here, hopefully Saturday, likely Monday.

Did you get the cryztal hades yet? I got a big z Hades but haven't thrown it yet because I was thinking of dyeing it, but if it is more stable than esp I might keep it. But debating whether I should just try to get a cryztal one
Also, soft Luna is available in a 3-pack on the Paul Mcbeth site.

Looking at Paul latest video the cryztal hades looks way more stable than even he thougt it would be.. . looks like a nice flight for even his power

Did you get the cryztal hades yet? I got a big z Hades but haven't thrown it yet because I was thinking of dyeing it, but if it is more stable than esp I might keep it. But debating whether I should just try to get a cryztal one
Also, soft Luna is available in a 3-pack on the Paul Mcbeth site.

I did and it's like fresh Zeus beefy. I can FH it better than anything else right now and I have no idea why. I kinda want more, but I'm also waiting for warmer temps to see what it really is like.

I know about the Zeus and Luna in the 3 pack, but I want a stock release where I can pick my color, as well as wait on more reviews. I also ordered like 15 discs after posting the "I'm not buying more discs until February".

I love this disc. I've been trying to find a disc with this stability and speed for the longest time- basically a long bomber that I can release on hyzer without fear of it completely turning over and not coming back. I can't count how many understable high speed drivers I've lost because they would turn over and never fade back. It's not the longest disc I've ever thrown, but it's the longest disc that I can consistently control.

I have a flat proto, but would like to get another one for a backup. Are the current production runs similar to the proto?

I love this disc. I've been trying to find a disc with this stability and speed for the longest time- basically a long bomber that I can release on hyzer without fear of it completely turning over and not coming back. I can't count how many understable high speed drivers I've lost because they would turn over and never fade back. It's not the longest disc I've ever thrown, but it's the longest disc that I can consistently control.

I have a flat proto, but would like to get another one for a backup. Are the current production runs similar to the proto?

I've thrown probably a dozen Hades'. I think 5 of them were protos. IMO, the proto Hades is a hair flippier than the production runs. They glide very well and are super long. The newer Hades' aren't quite as flippy, and seem to have a little harder fade. Newer Hades' also don't seem to glide like the protos do.

I wish the Hades had a little more dome. I feel like the flatness of the disc hurts glide a little.

Honestly, for this type of shot I prefer a Tern. The Tern is a little zippier, glidier, and longer.

I've thrown probably a dozen Hades'. I think 5 of them were protos. IMO, the proto Hades is a hair flippier than the production runs. They glide very well and are super long. The newer Hades' aren't quite as flippy, and seem to have a little harder fade. Newer Hades' also don't seem to glide like the protos do.

I wish the Hades had a little more dome. I feel like the flatness of the disc hurts glide a little.

Honestly, for this type of shot I prefer a Tern. The Tern is a little zippier, glidier, and longer.

I must have got some super weird Terns then. I bought a couple Pro Terns about a year ago and they have no glide at all. They have a slight turn at the beginning/mid but then dump hard on the fade. Their distance is substantially shorter than my proto Hades or really any other distance driver that's not overstable. They were the biggest duds I've ever bought.

I agree completely. I have 4 now, and only one does what I think the mold was supposed to do. It's crazy long and has great glide. I chose it over Terns now because I get a better release. The others do not turn at my length and just don't do anything better than many other discs I have. Now scared to buy any more.

As to the Tern glide thing, there isn't another high speed driver that comes close for me. Maybe King/Destiny.

I must have got some super weird Terns then. I bought a couple Pro Terns about a year ago and they have no glide at all. They have a slight turn at the beginning/mid but then dump hard on the fade. Their distance is substantially shorter than my proto Hades or really any other distance driver that's not overstable. They were the biggest duds I've ever bought.

I bought a Gstar tern recently and it is a glideless meat hook. My gstar destroyers fly straighter than it does. It also has the same problem that other overstable but meant to be understable drivers tend to have in that it either turns over and is gone if its forced or it hooks up like a firebird.

Latest posts