• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Poll: How often do you wash your discs?

How often do you wash your discs?

• After every round

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Once every few rounds

Votes: 21 12.4%
  • Once in a blue moon

Votes: 84 49.4%
  • What a weird question. Who washes discs anyway.

Votes: 61 35.9%

• Total voters
I'm glad you stopped where you did, lolol.

What kind of dudes do you play with anyways? Jeez.

She brought home her personally issued UV B-RB light instead of the fancy one with the assorted lenses.

First I plucked some grass out of the lawn and verified that grass does indeed glow bright red under UV light indicating the presence of chlorophyll.

I shined the light on my white Millennium plastic Sentinel which hasn't been washed in several years. There was an inch long streak of red on the rim and small red dots scattered on top of the disc. Probably not enough to offer any protection against the sun though.

I then vigorously rubbed the grass on top of the disc trying to mimic a grass stain. The rubbed area did not glow red under the UV light.

I then washed the disc with Dove soap and water and tried the light again. The small red dots were still present on top of the disc and on the rim. I tried to scratch at the dots with my finger nail but they did not go away.

My guess is that the red is from the weighting agents that are mixed with the plastic as certain minerals also glow red under UV light. Chlorophyll does not make its way onto our discs and my bro science has been proven false.