• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

POLL-What is your DG Nemesis?

What is your least favorite environmental condition to play in?

• Strong winds

Votes: 37 38.9%
  • Very cold temps

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • Very hot temps

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Muddy/flooded courses

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • Rain

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • Snow

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters

gcrussell4

Par Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Last weekend I played at the World Am Doubles tourney and we had the "opportunity" to try to survive some of the craziest DG weather that I have ever played in. Winds at 30-40+ mph. Rain on and off. Nasty muddy ground. Very cold temps (at least by Tejas standards). Overall, it was mildly miserable. On one of my cards, we got to talking about what is the worst/least favorable of the different conditions for DG. I thought I would throw this poll up here and see what some of you thought was your least favorite of the above. As always, if you choose other, please post and let us know what it is that drives you crazy.

mine is purely hole #14 at Mesker Park in Evansville, IN. Great hole, just always eats me up

I have played in all the conditions, winds are the worst. In every other condition, I still control the disc myself and know (usually) where it will go, but the wind controls the disc when it blows. Even if you understand what the wind should do to the disc, a brief gust during flight could change that and now you don't know what's going to happen.

I have another one, long sleeves. for some reason I always pull my shots with I have long sleeves on

Very cold temps. Can't grip and my elbow aches. All the rest I can play in just not very well.

its all about the ground conditions for me...if my feet even slip the tiniest bit my throw is out of my control

gcrussell4,

Wasn't that tournament fun? Had a great time winds or no winds! But yup, winds can be tough. But even tougher would be "me" - as in if I'm taking it TOO seriously, I'm my worst enemy; if I'm just "concentrating well", well then I guess it would be keeping discs dry.

Karl

Mine is 260' uphill shots with a tight fairwy. I have no idea why, but as I get older it is getting harder to throw a straight uphill shot.

I've played in all kinds of conditions. Snow, Rain, Hot, Cold, High Tide (Which spills on to my home course). Strong winds take the cake. I like to think of myself as a weather trooper, but there are 2 things that will run me off of a course. Strong Winds and Mosquitoes would be my other that is a close second.

Strong winds just make me miserable, and Mosquitos... Only if the 100% Deet isn't phasing them. Both of which affect my home course. Strong Coastal winds ruined my first tournament. The wind carried off my 5 foot putt for par. :mad:

Because the High tide floods half of the course, Mosquitoes are Horrible! One day I came home with a blood soaked leg from all of the mosquitoes at this course. I've quit half way through a round before, just because they were intolerable!

Kansa-People of the South Wind

Most definitely winds. I have noticed the winds more since taking up DG. Never quite payed much attention as a bicyclist. (Except for a a good:\ 25+ headwind)