• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

POLL-What is your DG Nemesis?

What is your least favorite environmental condition to play in?

• Strong winds

Votes: 37 38.9%
  • Very cold temps

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • Very hot temps

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Muddy/flooded courses

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • Rain

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • Snow

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
Yes Karl, it was an awesome tournament despite some brutal weather.

RussMB, you did mention the one thing that I really meant to put on the poll--bugs, mosquitoes or otherwise can be absolutely brutal.

Being that I live in the pacific northwest, I would have to say rain.

interesting... the top two choices are what I face right now... Three good courses are flooded, so I have to play the other ones, one that only has really short holes, no obstacles, no elevation change. Just good old fashioned 5 mph winds all the time, and today those would be 20+ mph winds. It's weird just how hard it is to throw into 20 mph, especially when you only need to throw 200 feet.

I suck in the wind. I don't know if its all the wind's fault or if I overthink the wind and say, oh its a strong cross wind, Ill throw X disc, and X disc does the exact opposite, so I think Y disc and it does the opposite of what I want as well. I can handle cold, mud, snow, rain, but wind makes me want to hide inside, it makes me mad.

Those of you that said wind are wimps! Just learn how to play it, its not that much harder at all. I just won a tourny yesterday because I could handle the wind better then anyone else.

I dislike VERY hot temps.

My nemesis is hunger. I can handle weather and conditions but as soon as I get hungry I start to melt down on the course. I now carry Cliff bars in my bag at all times but even so, hunger will creep up and yank a putt occasionally.

My vote is for the cold/rain combo. Either is tolerable by itself.

Toss in wind for a super combo, and I'm outta there.

Bugs! 30 seconds isn't long enough when you're wiping bug guts out of your eyes and ears, and shooting em from your mouth and nose:(

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but water is my nemesis.
If I had to choose between wind's unpredictability and my own, I'd choose wind.
Anytime i throw over, by, near, around or within sight of water - I tighten up.
I'm a lot better now, but water is my most feared enemy.
If I throw a shot into the wind and it pushes it OB, I just find it and pick it up. When my disc goes into water, I'm going into water. That makes it a whole different ballgame.

I voted srong winds.
I am usually able to read them fairly well, but I seem to over/under compensate, and end up in the schule:doh:

RussMB, you did mention the one thing that I really meant to put on the poll--bugs, mosquitoes or otherwise can be absolutely brutal.

Dude, I don't know what is in the water here, but we have these hybrid mosquitoes. I was killing 6-7 of them in one swat on my leg. It's as if they are starved! I had a cloud of mosquitoes follow me off the course one day. It was quite disturbing!

Dude, I don't know what is in the water here, but we have these hybrid mosquitoes. I was killing 6-7 of them in one swat on my leg. It's as if they are starved! I had a cloud of mosquitoes follow me off the course one day. It was quite disturbing!

In Houston we have some absolutely killer mosquitoes (huge, vicious, and painful), but my worst bug experience was up in Trussville, AL at Civitan Park. It was a beautiful summer day, the course was in excellent shape, and I had 100 percent DEET keeping the mosquitoes away. But the entire course was a cloud of these little gnats. I literally could hardly open my mouth to talk to my wife without having tons fly in and then get spit out. Tons of bugs in my ears and nostrils. I tried to stay moving as much as possible which cut down on the misery, but stopping and lining up a putt was more trouble than it was worth. The second you stopped and got settled you were absolutely mauled by billions of these annoying little guys.

its all about the ground conditions for me...if my feet even slip the tiniest bit my throw is out of my control

cosigned

Natural tees + muddy ground = not comfortable making tee shots. These conditions are by far my least favorite to play in, I can handle all the other stuff alright.

In Houston we have some absolutely killer mosquitoes (huge, vicious, and painful), but my worst bug experience was up in Trussville, AL at Civitan Park. It was a beautiful summer day, the course was in excellent shape, and I had 100 percent DEET keeping the mosquitoes away. But the entire course was a cloud of these little gnats. I literally could hardly open my mouth to talk to my wife without having tons fly in and then get spit out. Tons of bugs in my ears and nostrils. I tried to stay moving as much as possible which cut down on the misery, but stopping and lining up a putt was more trouble than it was worth. The second you stopped and got settled you were absolutely mauled by billions of these annoying little guys.

I've played Civitan, and with that much water around I can believe it!! I played it last Feb, so I avoided the bugs. There is a Swamp course here in SC, The Sarge, I was hoping to get in another round before spring because the bugs are so horrible. A couple of the reviewers referred to the bugs as "The size of Hummingbirds" and another "Huge Radar Guided Heat-Seeking Mosquitoes" lol

I do not like playing in the cold weather. I hate it when my hands get cold and cant feel or grip my disc and it hurts when you release..so i do not like cold weather.

I said winds just because my rounds have typically been worse in wind. I feel it just exposes the inconsistencies more than any other weather condition. Of course it is the same since everyone plays in the same windy conditions and I am getting better in wind so watch out world.