• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

POLL-What is your DG Nemesis?

What is your least favorite environmental condition to play in?

• Strong winds

Votes: 37 38.9%
  • Very cold temps

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • Very hot temps

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Muddy/flooded courses

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • Rain

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • Snow

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
Out of all those none really bother me that much except for mud. I hate slipping and falling. I hate having to wipe discs off.

I just played a round at Pier Park in Portland that ended up being muddy the whole way through. Not only does it make your disc slip out of your grip too easily, but I like to keep my plastic clean! I need a towel...

I'm going with mud as well, I hate constantly having to wipe off discs because of mud on them. I can take the disc being a little wet, but when they get all grimey, it just throws me off.

I guess I'm in the minority by voting for Hot Temps. Specifically, it's the heat/humidity that gets me. I'm a sweaty bastard (if I play a round in 34-degree weather I'm usually out of my sweatshirt and in just my t-shirt by hole 5 or 6), and it doesn't help that a majority of the tournaments I've played are in July/August, by far the worst months for humidity in WI. I can't play well when I'm sweating profusely and having to wipe my sweaty palms after every shot, have salty sweat burning my eyes, having my glasses slide around, etc.

I've been playing in HUGE gusty winds for the last week and haven't been too adversely affected...in fact, I threw one of my longest drives on a hole INTO a headwind yesterday (still went OB, but bested all my previous drives on that hole by AT LEAST 50'). I like playing the wind and trying to figure it out...it's especially rewarding when you correctly predict how a 40 MPH sustained gust will affect your 40' birdie putt, and you just loft your putter up like you're shooting a 5-footer, and the wind grabs your putter and SLAMS it into the chains! Of course, there are more missed putts from that range in the wind than made...

If there's excessive mud/flooding, I just won't play those holes.