• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Tone pole to tee, hole p2d (perchance to dream), Ramcat. The fairway was knee to head high in dog fennel and blackberry canes this morning. Now ankle to calf high.

I bet you were thinking..."why didn't I take a 'before' photo" :doh:

Pretty cool bike rack at the new West Fork DGC in Highlands Ranch, CO.

attachment.php

Bicycles and disc golf….I approve

Disc golf art captured at Robbins Park in Cornelius, NC. Course page: https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=6945

Disc-Golf-Art-Robbins-Park-NC.jpg

I've stumbled upon a fair amount of graffiti-art on the disc golf course, and I'd say this is upper echelon stuff. First, the canvas serves a very practical purpose in protecting one of the tee areas. Second, the canvas is a thing that has been repurposed - it looks like one of those advertisements that construction companies (or maybe the architecture firms) put out front of buildings/homes-in-progress so that all the passerby know what the ugly gosling will one day become.

Third, the meaning (to me): Robbins Park disc golf course is surrounded by some semi-seriously-affluent neighborhoods. By this I mean you're liable to get honked at by an old white guy in a Porsche because you're driving slow around the park trying to find where the course starts and the speed limit is probably like 15 MPH anyway but this guy in his dumb little Porsche is probably running late to Thursday morning pickle Ball and of course it's doubles because everybody who plays pickle ball is over 60 and heaven forbid he gets stuck with 90-year-old-Jude again, who everybody probably likes way more than him anyway.

So then, I take the golem figure to be the disc golf course hiding in the woods. The art reminds me of the "Kilroy Was Here"* art spread by GI's during WWII as they toured Europe - "Disc Golf Is Here," hiding in the woods at Robbins Park, in the midst of this nice neighborhood, beyond the ken of the pickle ballers.

Kilroy_Was_Here_-_Washington_DC_WWII_Memorial.jpg