• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a NOT cool disc golf photo

Do me a favor and never come to play in Upstate NY. Thanks.

Whew, I almost called you out. But yes Albany is upstate. Syracuse central, Buffalo Western, NYC should be its own awful state...anyways...

Im glad most people are sane. You are more of a jerk when you know something is wrong and purposely cause harm. Those illegal parkers didnt run over the basket on purpose. throwing at people or cars is never ok. A players dumb round is not worth damaging other's property.

Here's a good one from Hawk Hollow. Vegan Ray Parrish with a tough upshot on 8.

Attachments

• Ray vs Cow web.jpg
    Ray vs Cow web.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 491
Had a similar situation; the soccer moms/dads parked a brand new RangeRover literally 10 inches from our basket on #18. My drive was about 70 ft short and I debated what to do. There was a cop nearby (he said he couldn't ticket the bloke as it wasn't his jurisdiction, it was the park rangers) but I asked him if I was liable if I hit the RangeRover; he said no as it was illegally parked. So I went back and was going to run the heck at the SUV. I unleashed a shot, that would have gone 100 ft past the basket, right at the door. Alas, i missed and found nothing but chains. A dent in that SUV's door would have felt better than the deuce!

And this is exactly why we can't have nice things. This isn't a teen talking, it is a 65+ year old man. This is the kind of behavior that can get a course pulled forever. It is no different than folks breaking bottles, damaging targets or vandalizing other park property.

It was the last hole for cripes sake! Take your disc and be done for the day. If it still bothers you, take a photo and post it here. We will all take turns calling them names instead of calling you out.

(Maybe this had more to do with jealousy towards the owner of the $80,000 Range Rover than anger over a vehicle being parked too close to the basket?)

Well, in his defense he did ask law enforcement regarding his liability...

and if there's one thing that this whole Ferguson mess has taught us, it's that the cops always get it right. :| :| :|

Yea like the cops that every few months bug me about playing glow...even though I have been doing it weekly for 5 years.

6:30 PM...

"Um the park closes at dark."
"No it doesnt."
"Yes it does"
"It is dark, and clearly I can see organized lacrosse playing and a lighted tennis court. The park closes at 10:30 but I have permission to be here even after that. Here is my ID you can call the park director in the morning."
"Um, my name is Bob. I like warewolf movies."
"ok...thats good...well nice talk."

he made his shot. he was clearly not actually trying to hit the rover. most of us could hit a rover from 70 feet if we wanted to. he made the shot. think he was just making a point
relax

Had a similar situation; the soccer moms/dads parked a brand new RangeRover literally 10 inches from our basket on #18. My drive was about 70 ft short and I debated what to do. There was a cop nearby (he said he couldn't ticket the bloke as it wasn't his jurisdiction, it was the park rangers) but I asked him if I was liable if I hit the RangeRover; he said no as it was illegally parked. So I went back and was going to run the heck at the SUV. I unleashed a shot, that would have gone 100 ft past the basket, right at the door. Alas, i missed and found nothing but chains. A dent in that SUV's door would have felt better than the deuce!

Ok, let's all be realistic for a second. Not the wisest choice, but seriously, that would scare the CRAP out of the Range Rover driver! All of a sudden the metal thing that you're parked right next to just explodes!?! No damage done to the vehicle, but I'd bet that driver doesn't park next to an exploding chain gizmo again!

Why do you have to be a prick about it? Things like this get courses pulled. I ran into a similar situation my self where there was a parked car about 30ft in front of a teebox on a 300 ft hole. There was an athletic game very close by taking place so I went over to the small crowd and asked if that was anyone's vehicle. The person stood up and I quickly, and politely explained this:

"Hey man just to let you know. Where you car is parked is on a disc golf course, it's like golfing with frisbees except our discs are made a bit different and they can cause some serious damage to vehicles if they were to hit your car. Technically the person throwing the disc wouldn't be liable either because of where your parked. I'm not gonna throw until you move your car and thats why I came over here but not everyone is going to do what I'm doing and waiting. Just giving you a heads up!"

The guy thanked me, moved his car, and told me he would let the team know after the game so they don't park there in the future. People don't know about our little niche sport and unless someone explains it to them they never will.

A friend of mine was having someone help him work on his home course and had an unanticipated problem when they went to remove a fairly small tree.

Attachments

• 2015Basket1.jpg
    2015Basket1.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 458
IMG_0624.jpg

Extremely Overflowing Garbage (at the local public course)

This is the aftermath of a mild winter. People were able to play almost all winter without the fear of losing a disc or freezing to death.

The pic is a post on our local facebook page from the guys who cleaned it up. :clap:

Sad situation really. I think the guys nailed it when they said that littering (such as that documented in the attached pic) gets courses pulled by the city.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 416
Extremely Overflowing Garbage (at the local public course)

This is the aftermath of a mild winter. People were able to play almost all winter without the fear of losing a disc or freezing to death.

The pic is a post on our local facebook page from the guys who cleaned it up. :clap:

Sad situation really. I think the guys nailed it when they said that littering (such as that documented in the attached pic) gets courses pulled by the city.

Well, at least they "tried" to use the trashcans...:\...

Is this at a city funded park? Seems like someone would take care of that?

I would bring a trash bag with me to the course and clean it up myself if that CRAP happened on my local course. I pick up my share of trash on my rounds as it is and it does not come from fellow DG'ers. I HATE LITTER :thmbdown: and don't want to see that &^%$ on ANY course.

A tip o' tha hat and a :hfive: for the guys who decided to remedy the situatuon!

Latest posts