• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post here being used to build cases against disc golf

That snippet about us discussing what we would do to animals who cross our paths does not make us look too good. I am sure that despite saying that most of it was said out of jest does not matter considering the agenda behind the article. I obviously cannot speak for anyone but myself, but one of the reasons I enjoy this sport is to be outside and see what the world has to offer.

The question is how seriously do we take this article? There are millions of other articles discussing the impact of golf courses, how hunting may be immoral, and how even driving a car may be a sin. I do not torment the animals I bowhunt, so an article about how hunting animals is cruel is not going to affect me because of the roots of this activity and that it is not going to go away any time in the near future. Unfortunately disc golf in many communities' eyes does not have the same footing. However, firing back at this article in the comments section may be counterproductive.

Outside of taking personal responsibility to what we say on here and how we say it, what more can we do?

This is why threads end up in the landfill. You need to be logged in to see content there. It helps hide the bad from the outside world.

Some vegan PETA members, they think killing an ant is a felony. They are seriously insane.

I understand what they are trying to accomplish. They want the park to stay the way it is. I agree that some places should stay pristine and that shared usage is not in the best interest of either party.

However, I take issue with the extent in which they try to vilify our community. Since, I don't know the area is there not a suitable compromise?

Last edited:
I understand what they are trying to accomplish. They want the park to stay the way it is. I agree that some places should stay pristine and that shared usage is not in the best interest of either party.

However, I take issue with the extent in which they try to vilify our community. Since, I don't know the area is there not a suitable compromise?

I kept running down the names of those who were quoted, hoping not to see mine, and if so, how badly it would have been taken out of context. I am not defending anyone or anything that was written in regards to hurting animals in this context, but it was strange to see several names I knew and have had conversations with in other threads.

There is, if people were willing to compromise....

Not gonna happen with this group though. They have taken to vilifying DG at other venues as well.

You have to admit that some of those comments were just people being sarcastic and joking around, but then at the same time some of them were pretty cruel. I mean, it does make us (disc golfers in general) look bad. I can honestly say that I have never attempted to kill an animal on the course and never intend to.

Funny how he links the "have you hit anyone" thread, and the story about the Polliwog incident, but won't link our thread where the majority of the respondents (I would suspect all of them disc golfers) stated that said course probably shouldn't have been put there in the first place.

Actually, that's not funny.

And not to toot my horn, but did I call this or what?

Time to take the fight to the enemy boys, because this means war.

The fact that they use Wikipedia as a source should discredit the rest of their "article." That's the first thing they teach you in school these days. :doh:

I though it was interesting that they said the following regarding ball golf:
But as a non-involved pedestrian on an active sports course, would you want to just wander around, looking at the pretty flowers and getting lost in your thoughts? Could you? Is a relaxing amble still the same when you have to be constantly on-guard?

Does this not imply some level responsibility exists on the part of the pedestrian to be aware of their surroundings? Just as not every place is suitable for DG, not every place is suitable for a leisurelt walk.
Why shouldn't this be applicable to a course, ball field, pitch, arena, etc. of any sort?

Perhaps a part of the issue is parks posting enough signs to make it obvious to pedestrians that they are entering a DG course.

Last edited:
Perhaps a part of the issue is parks posting enough signs to make it obvious to pedestrians that they are entering a DG course.

I think the bigger issue is that parks think they can just throw some baskets around the park's grounds and call it a course.

Disc golf courses really need their own dedicated space.

That snippet about us discussing what we would do to animals who cross our paths does not make us look too good. I am sure that despite saying that most of it was said out of jest does not matter considering the agenda behind the article. I obviously cannot speak for anyone but myself, but one of the reasons I enjoy this sport is to be outside and see what the world has to offer.

The question is how seriously do we take this article? There are millions of other articles discussing the impact of golf courses, how hunting may be immoral, and how even driving a car may be a sin. I do not torment the animals I bowhunt, so an article about how hunting animals is cruel is not going to affect me because of the roots of this activity and that it is not going to go away any time in the near future. Unfortunately disc golf in many communities' eyes does not have the same footing. However, firing back at this article in the comments section may be counterproductive.

Outside of taking personal responsibility to what we say on here and how we say it, what more can we do?

It is sad that the website's audience will never consider how many more animals are killed by vehicles in their area than the insanely low probability of hitting another person/animal with a disc.

Are there no other parts to the park where walkers can walk and take in nature? I would dare say usage of the park from disc golfers far outweighs the casual stroller.

We had the same issue of people walking on cart paths at the golf course where I used to work. People had plenty of other places to walk and jog but refused to use them.

Above the youtube video it says watch these four "pros" lol I guess the quotes is all you need to know about how this guy views disc golf.

It is sad that the website's audience will never consider how many more animals are killed by vehicles in their area than the insanely low probability of hitting another person/animal with a disc.

No kidding, I've killed 2 Dogs, 2 Cats, Squirrels (don't count they are just rats with fluffy tails) and a flock of baby ducks with it's Mother. Not any of the situations were avoidable. I've never hit an animal on the disc course in 23 years or person either.

If it were up to these idiot Environmentalists/PETA we would all be living in caves eating potatoes and carrots. They have serious brain dysfunctions.

^^^When I'm invited for dinner where the "chefs" are vegan/vegetarian and they ask if I'm allergic to anything, I like to say "carrots", and watch their heads explode, as they have never made a dish in their lives that didn't contain carrots.

^^^When I'm invited for dinner where the "chefs" are vegan/vegetarian and they ask if I'm allergic to anything, I like to say "carrots", and watch their heads explode, as they have never made a dish in their lives that didn't contain carrots.

:clap::clap::clap::clap: