• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post here being used to build cases against disc golf

Ken McGary is a dedicated and dangerous troll. Born out of today's social media age, a nut job with an agenda. Most people are satisfied having an opinion and allowing popular sentiment rule policy. Not Ken, he is willing to put the power of social media to work with propaganda, misdirection, dishonest, and lying to pass off the minority opinion as truth. Most of the time, left alone and given no attention, the Kens go away. Once in a while though, you run across someone whos inflated idea of self worth is so great, they see no world outside the one in their head. Careful what you say on the interwebz, it is there for everyone to see.

Maybe I lost track of the original issue---is Ken trying to have a DGC removed, or to prevent one being built? [As I can't find a DGC in McLaren Park/CA in the browser].

Maybe I lost track of the original issue---is Ken trying to have a DGC removed, or to prevent one being built? [As I can't find a DGC in McLaren Park/CA in the browser].

I think the city had proposed to build one and then this guy and others freaked out because they are park walkers and have crazy environmental issues where they think people walking around throwing discs is terrible on the eco system. Anyone remember that thread where the guy thought chips off of discs into the trees would pollute the parks with bits of plastic? Yeah that was funny.

People will always fear what they do not understand because fear is a necessary part of human emotion and usually, what we understand is not fear worthy.

Enter flying discs.

It is sad that the website's audience will never consider how many more animals are killed by vehicles in their area than the insanely low probability of hitting another person/animal with a disc.
Don't try to bring facts and logic to an argument with Eco-Nazis. They don't want to have to deal with inconveniences like those.

Are you Yoda?

yoda-640x794.jpg

howdyakno?

This guy does seem to fall into the NIMBY category but he also seems to have a personal vendetta against the sport. Maybe he tried his hand at disc golf and was never any good. Then became bitter and vowed to take down the sport. You never know.

Sounds crazy but I'm bored. ;)

I'm not sure what to think about my video being linked. :confused:

I think the bigger issue is that parks think they can just throw some baskets around the park's grounds and call it a course.

Disc golf courses really need their own dedicated space.

That would be nice, wouldn't it? The issue is that we've been selling disc golf as something that can go in multi-use parks for 35 years now, and that's where the majority of our courses are. We want parks departments to think that we can coexist well with other uses, then we're surprised when they do a poor job of keeping disc golf away from other uses.

I'm going to start my own website that highlights all the dangers Nature poses to lives. For example, did you know:
Some 407 people in the United States were killed by falling trees or limbs from 1995 to 2007 -- 41 percent of them in a thunderstorm and another 35 percent in high winds alone.

We need to do something about these evil trees.

This guy does seem to fall into the NIMBY category but he also seems to have a personal vendetta against the sport. Maybe he tried his hand at disc golf and was never any good. Then became bitter and vowed to take down the sport. You never know.

Sounds crazy but I'm bored. ;)

He probably took a girl disc golfing and she decided to date the BMX guy instead.

Ken McGary is a dedicated and dangerous troll. Born out of today's social media age, a nut job with an agenda. Most people are satisfied having an opinion and allowing popular sentiment rule policy. Not Ken, he is willing to put the power of social media to work with propaganda, misdirection, dishonest, and lying to pass off the minority opinion as truth. Most of the time, left alone and given no attention, the Kens go away. Once in a while though, you run across someone whos inflated idea of self worth is so great, they see no world outside the one in their head. Careful what you say on the interwebz, it is there for everyone to see.

In other words, he has the "gift of gab".