• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post pics of your Disc Dog

This is Tino at 7 weeks in Texas. He still tries to sit on my bag.

Attachments

• tino_040.jpg
    tino_040.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 112
the in-laws bread them for a few years, their male looks a lot like yours only hes twice that size ( which is huge for a papillon)

Is she the one wearing the wig in your avatar? :D

This is my pomeranian Roxy. She has been to about 20 courses with me. She loves running around the park while im discing. I almost never put her on a leash unless the park is super busy. The worst thing she will do is run up to someone eating something and start doing tricks to try to get a handout.

Picture018.jpg

Is she the one wearing the wig in your avatar?

Heck no, she wouldnt be caught dead in anything other than a buckwheat afro wig. The face of the dog in my avatar does look like a pom though. Could be her distant cousin maybe...

dogcrop.jpg

my dog loves going to the park. he gets real excited when anyone throws a disc, makes a bad handicap because hes jumpin around and whining.

My condolences. It still breaks my heart to think about my dog, Lady, who died of sinus cancer back in July of last year. I was hoping she'd live to something like 16, but she only made it to 10. They say time heals all wounds, but take all the time you need for mourning.

My present dog, Taylor, is a real sweetheart herself, but God broke the mold when he made Lady. I keep having to remind myself to do things like actually watch Taylor when I let her off leash so she won't run off chasing a rabbit. Which she did last weekend in the park. I was worried until she came running back to me out of the woods -- I guess the rabbit got away. Lady, on the other hand, never wanted to be anywhere other than right next to me. By which I mean to say you'll never quite "replace" the dog you had. Just don't let the hurt keep you from a life with dogs. One of the saddest stories I know, even sadder than losing my Lady, is of a friend who was hurt so deeply by her dog's death that she has never adopted again. The couple of months I spent without Lady put a dog-shaped hole in my life, and I had to fill it.

Trying to make me cry at 8 in the morning with your sad stories? Showing the softer side of your personality here? It is ture that these dogs just can't be replaced. I have had dogs die in the past, but I have always been comforted knowing that I had always given that dog the best love and attention that it could have gotten. Mans best friend indeed.

By which I mean to say you'll never quite "replace" the dog you had. Just don't let the hurt keep you from a life with dogs. One of the saddest stories I know, even sadder than losing my Lady, is of a friend who was hurt so deeply by her dog's death that she has never adopted again. The couple of months I spent without Lady put a dog-shaped hole in my life, and I had to fill it.

it sounds like you got lucky like i did, getting a dog that was just amazing in demeanor. right now theres no way im getting another dog. but your right, that shouldnt stop me from at least thinking about replacing her. thats a tall order though. having gert around every time i went disc golfing for the past 16 years, and now she wont be there, i dont know how i will feel about that. i already know it wont be as fun.....

Trying to make me cry at 8 in the morning with your sad stories? Showing the softer side of your personality here? It is ture that these dogs just can't be replaced. I have had dogs die in the past, but I have always been comforted knowing that I had always given that dog the best love and attention that it could have gotten. Mans best friend indeed.

i start crying every day im driving home from work, knowing she wont be there anymore....

Since last summer when I put my Huskie Bandit's picture in here (small pix above as my avatar), we have adopted a new dog who is now Bandit's best buddy and my 2nd Disc Dog. It took a couple months of training by me and Bandit (mainly Bandit) but Rex is now a full-fledged disc dog. Picture of him below resting between holes at the Catawba Meadows Disc Golf course in Morganton, NC.

Rex2.jpg

Since last summer when I put my Huskie Bandit's picture in here (small pix above as my avatar), we have adopted a new dog who is now Bandit's best buddy and my 2nd Disc Dog. It took a couple months of training by me and Bandit (mainly Bandit) but Rex is now a full-fledged disc dog. Picture of him below resting between holes at the Catawba Meadows Disc Golf course in Morganton, NC.

Rex2.jpg

Good looking dog. He looks like he has a good time .

Man my dog would just die if I had him disc with me...he loves to chase frisbees, and even gets jealous when I go in my yard to practice throw(if he sees me throwing). I'd like to take him to the course, but it would take some work to get over the fact that he can't chase those discs. Also I like throwing frisbees for him to retrieve, gives me something to do and is almost like practice throwing without having to go get the disc.

Hole 5 in Alma AR.
Hole5Alma.jpg

Forest is a wonderful disc dog, I rarely lose a disc as he keeps a much better eye on it than I do, and if we both lose it, he can usually sniff it out. He never chases the discs, only points them out for me :D I rarely go anywhere without him, I had a tough time playing Hyland and Bryant in the Twin Cities MN, no dogs allowed - I was lost without my disc locater.

Hole 4, "Jail" at Shawshank.
Jail.jpg

Latest posts