• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post Your Disc Golf Injury Pics :thmbup:

Notapro's request for pix made me realize I should have posted in this thread., instead of commandeering the "Where are you going in 2023?" thread. :eek:

So, played Keriakes and Freeman Lake, and the first 4 holes of Muldraugh. #5 nearly killed me.

Currently in my local Emergency room awaiting X-rays, catscan, and hopefully MRI.

Was walking down a steep hill after teeing off, and the muddy ground gave way and my left knee buckled under me, and as I was going down, my right knee buckled. Pretty sure both knees have extensive connective tissue damage.

I can't recall feeling pain like that. Eventually a 30's 'ish discer named Nicky came by and carried my bag back to his car, cameback and helped me back, too.

Cant walk on my own at this point (left quad basically not working, right is too painful), but once I got in the car, I was actually able to drive without discomfort.

Thank God I no longer own a manual trans.

Stopped a several drive through getting 3 large cups of ice several times to ice my knees as I drove. (Had a gallon ziploc back I'd filled with snacks).

Longest 400 miles of my life.

Hope I don't need surgery (it felt/feels that bad when I try to stand), but I'm already trying to laugh about it.

If I'd look back in a year and laugh, why wait?

picture.php

Will try to post pix of the incisions when they remove the bandages.

I figured my whole ordeal really belongs in this thread, so I don't monopolize the vacation/roadtrip thread.

What was the official diagnosis?

Ruptured the tendon that connects the Quadriceps to the knee cap....in both legs.

The ortho doc said its pretty rare for someone to blow both of them, but I figured I'd take full advantage of the buy one, get one free deal.

Lots of pain this AM, but PT went well. Was able to walk about 15-20 feet using a walker, and can't bend knees, so I basically walk like Frankenstein.

The hardest part is transitioning from bed to standing, and vice versa, without being able to bend your knees.

I figured my whole ordeal really belongs in this thread, so I don't monopolize the vacation/roadtrip thread.

Ruptured the tendon that connects the Quadriceps to the knee cap....in both legs.

The ortho doc said its pretty rare for someone to blow both of them, but I figured I'd take full advantage of the buy one, get one free deal.

Lots of pain this AM, but PT went well. Was able to walk about 15-20 feet using a walker, and can't bend knees, so I basically walk like Frankenstein.

The hardest part is transitioning from bed to standing, and vice versa, without being able to bend your knees.

Hang in there buddy, lots of good healing vibes!

Man.....that makes me hurt just reading that. Dang Bogie.....talk about going big or going home. Yeesh. That's a tough one. Hope rehab goes well. Gonna be a long road. We are here for ya tho, whatever little bit we can do! Best wishes my man.

Can we crowd source a signature disc? "Cripple" "crutch".?

Man.....that makes me hurt just reading that. Dang Bogie.....talk about going big or going home. Yeesh. That's a tough one. Hope rehab goes well. Gonna be a long road. We are here for ya tho, whatever little bit we can do! Best wishes my man.

Can we crowd source a signature disc? "Cripple" "crutch".?

"Double Dogleg"

You guys just responding to posts helps keep my spirits up! Jokes at my expense, too. Laugh it up!

Son and ex-wife just visited. Good to see my son, and she's an Occupational Therapist, who is really my best advocate, making sure I get the best care within reason.

Really glad the divorce wasn't messy. She's been a big help.

. . . Son and ex-wife just visited. Good to see my son, and she's an Occupational Therapist, who is really my best advocate, making sure I get the best care within reason.

Really glad the divorce wasn't messy. She's been a big help.

Yes, having a medical person on your side makes a huge difference. They know all the secret handshakes, ask good questions, and can speak the lingo and translate as needed.

Delivering good chocolates to the nurses' station doesn't hurt, either. :D

Here is a bit of information of Bogey's injury.

https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases--conditions/quadriceps-tendon-tear/

If we suddenly never hear from Bogey again, we can go to the police with the tip that it was his ex-wife. :| :|

Glad to hear your family and loved ones are there to support you, it makes all the difference!

Hopefully, the docs sharpied a big "R" and "L" on each leg before they reattached them, or Double Dogleg will be your new signature disc AND your new nickname. ;)

Holy sh**, Bogey. I thought I was the king of disc golf injuries.
I hope you heal up fast!

GO BIG, OR GO HOME!

OT and PT both commented on my motivation., and said I'll do well with that attitude.

Still probably about 2 months to recover. Ijust got to listen to my body and not push too fast/hard.