• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post Your Disc Golf Injury Pics :thmbup:

**** Dude!! I just caught up. I've had some life issues I"ve been dealing with lately myself, so I haven't been in here for a few weeks. Really hope your PT/OT goes well.
Sounds like the Nurse Ratchet relationship could continue beyond the hospital stay? Huh? Huh? Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink. Say no more.

**** Dude!! I just caught up. I've had some life issues I"ve been dealing with lately myself, so I haven't been in here for a few weeks. Really hope your PT/OT goes well.
Thanks! Things have been progressing surprisingly well. Really make big strides (pun intended).

Sounds like the Nurse Ratchet relationship could continue beyond the hospital stay? Huh? Huh? Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink. Say no more.

nope-definitely-not.gif

<reviews Muldraugh Park; describes it as pretty hilly, woodsy, and interesting shot shaping, and fun. Gives it a -4.5 rating for "safety concerns"
:p

Last edited:
Update - 16 days post surgery:

Only pain meds I'm taking are Acetaminophen and Gabapentin.

Last Oxycodone: 3/10
Last Ibuprofen: 3/13

Fully weight bearing since day 1.

Walking over 300 ft in walker like Frankenstein, with no pain. I'm sure I can walk much farther, but staff doesnt have time to be with me to do so (they won't leave me unattended in walker for liability reasons).

Able to transfer from bed to walker, then walker to wheelchair with very minimal assistance. Need a bit more assistance getting back into bed. Pretty sure I'll be zero assistance in a couple more days.

Ditto above for using commode.

Must stay in immobilizers for another 2.5 wks. Follow up with Ortho went well, and incisions healing nicely. Next visit Apr 4.

Can navigate "spacious" steps up to 7" rise with walker and no assistance. By "spacious," I mean steps that are deep enough front to back, to place a walker on (i.e run is like 2 ft, rise is 7")...like steps leading from walkway into a home.

I'm nowhere close to tackling a stairway (where run is too shallow to accommodate walker).

Feeling strong, and all things considered, pretty good. :)

Still haven't been able to coerce any female aides/nurses into a happy ending. :(

But I'm due for a bed bath with wash cloth later today, so there's always hope.
:D ;) :rolleyes:

Pretty sure insurance is gonna cut me off Wed 3/22. Will appeal to push it to Sat 3/25, so my son isn't working when I'm discharged.

Update - 21 days post surgery

Making great progress. I've been given an eviction date of Tue, Mar 28.:) Pretty sure its because my hair looks like a rat's nest. I want a shampoo and haircut like you wouldn't believe, and cant wait to take a real shower (been keeping clean with washcloths and warm warter in a basin).

Achieved all my goals for moving in with my son, and we've ordered all the DME and adaptive equipment I'll need to get along there.

Biggest hassle has been filing for short term disability and finding a way to work limited hours, because the system/procedures are stoopid. *

*...and I thought snapping my tendons was painful. :rolleyes:

Update - 21 days post surgery

Making great progress. I've been given an eviction date of Tue, Mar 28.:) Pretty sure its because my hair looks like a rat's nest. I want a shampoo and haircut like you wouldn't believe, and cant wait to take a real shower (been keeping clean with washcloths and warm warter in a basin).

Achieved all my goals for moving in with my son, and we've ordered all the DME and adaptive equipment I'll need to get along there.

Biggest hassle has been filing for short term disability and finding a way to work limited hours, because the system/procedures are stoopid. *

*...and I thought snapping my tendons was painful. :rolleyes:

:thmbup:

Sounds like you've got everything you kneed! :|

Moving in with an adult son sounds turrible (lulz!) but I'm sure it's the best situation for you. Probably didn't want to move in with the ex-wife instead, for instance....

You'll be back to 100%-ish sooner than you know! :)

Sounds like you're primed to learn how to play a certain card game, locked up and immobilized with a cardboard crackhead! :hfive:

Not sure how that thought didn't cross my mind, but...

it kinda seems inevitable. :|

Son drove my Ford Escape to visit me today, and with the rear seat folded down, I'm able to transfer from walker into the rear cargo area very easily (still in immobilizers and not able/allowed to bend either knee).

This makes me particularly happy as it means I won't have to pay for medical transport on at least two occasion$:

Mar 28th: when I get discharged and my son gets a roommate.

Apr 4th: for my follow-up visit with surgeon's office.
Hopefully, doctor. likes my progress, and I'm able to graduate to some sort of knee brace that allows (but limits) some degree of flexion.

Man alive!, I don't follow DGCR much during the winter and I totally missed the Bogey injury situation.
Best of luck to you Bogey! :thmbup:
Now I understand the jokes in the Gran Canyon thread!:doh:

Finally rooming with Bogey Jr. :) :) :)

Getting settled in and setting stuff up took way longer than anticipated and we spent pretty much the whole afternoon doing that, but everything's good now.

He's just picking up my Rx's and dinner.
Hooray for real food!!!

Feels good to check out of the old folk's home. :D

I kinda get the feeling that not a helluva lot of people do. :(

Finally rooming with Bogey Jr. :) :) :)

Getting settled in and setting stuff up took way longer than anticipated and we spent pretty much the whole afternoon doing that, but everything's good now.

He's just picking up my Rx's and dinner.
Hooray for real food!!!

Feels good to check out of the old folk's home. :D

I kinda get the feeling that not a helluva lot of people do. :(

Oh, they check out, alright.....:|

Glad to hear you escaped without Nurse Cratchett applying the ol' lobotomy, although, I guess maybe they figured in your case not much point. :p

You know the institutional food is bad when you move in when your adult son and the food situation is an improvement! :D

Now you just need to figure out MTGs and you'll be set. :|

So...

Yesterday afternoon, nose was running, throat was scratchy (but not truly sore), no fever. Thought I had a head cold.

Tested for Covid today and: POSITIVE. :mad: :wall:

No doubt in my mind I picked it up in the nursing home. I'm fully vaxed, and don't feel too bad. Moar pissed than anything, because now I have to postpone follow up with surgeon, and likely home health PT.

Plus the complication of living at son's place and exposing him. :(

This chit... you just can't make it up.

Tele visited my primary care doc, and at this point, he's just telling me drink lots of fluids and rest. Will prescribe something if symptoms worsen in a few days.

Feel like this was a bit of a gut punch, but still trying to laugh.

Latest posts