• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Post your most recent plastic purchase-Reboot

I just got a backup Prostyle #2 upshot at 165-169 grams as the molds from Lighting are running out of discs due to the people new to disc golf during Corona Virus who want to spend the least getting into disc golf with the most discs you can get with each dollar spent for PDGA approved discs. I hope that the disc is 166 grams + 1-2 grams as I requested through Gotta Go Gotta Throw and Not Yellow, I 100% hate outright yellow for putter discs, including driving/specialty putters.

I just got a backup Prostyle #2 upshot at 165-169 grams as the molds from Lighting are running out of discs due to the people new to disc golf during Corona Virus who want to spend the least getting into disc golf with the most discs you can get with each dollar spent for PDGA approved discs. I hope that the disc is 166 grams + 1-2 grams as I requested through Gotta Go Gotta Throw and Not Yellow, I 100% hate outright yellow for putter discs, including driving/specialty putters.

I will post more when disc comes in.

...I 100% hate outright yellow for putter discs, including driving/specialty putters.

This one's for you Casey :)

The last batch of Bullfrogs I got were really beefy so I tried a different color and these are great. No more dome and these will be putters only. I messed up my first batch of 5 by throwing them too.

Grabbed a handful of Stingrays as well. I finally tried one a few weeks ago but it ended up in a friends bag, so these are mine.

DX Roc. I don't want to lose it so...

150 Pro Katana. Just because.

attachment.php

Attachments

• discs2.jpg
    discs2.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 184
This one's for you Casey :)

The last batch of Bullfrogs I got were really beefy so I tried a different color and these are great. No more dome and these will be putters only. I messed up my first batch of 5 by throwing them too.

Grabbed a handful of Stingrays as well. I finally tried one a few weeks ago but it ended up in a friends bag, so these are mine.

DX Roc. I don't want to lose it so...

150 Pro Katana. Just because.

attachment.php

I have old DX Stingray from 2000's and from 2014. I do not use the mold as any power in wind causes the mold to turn and burn. If a full on Stingray like mold was made with a big bead and Stingray top, then I would have a good disc that is a slower Impact/Glide disc.

The Bullfrog in XT I might try once my #2 Upshot in Prostyle die off both of them but the orginal disc I have from 2005 is still going due to how durable the Prostyle is in putter shape mid and slower. Bullfrog seems very similar, a close clone. I said close.

I have a problem...

Finally found a shop that had stuff in stock. Had to drive an hour and a half but was well worth it. Found a Halo Shryke that was $25 instead of the $60 they want on eBay. Excited to try some new plastic from Discmania.

Attachments

• discs.jpg
    discs.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 70
I just got a backup Prostyle #2 Upshot at 165-169 grams as the molds from Lighting are running out of discs due to the people new to disc golf during Corona Virus who want to spend the least getting into disc golf with the most discs you can get with each dollar spent for PDGA approved discs. I hope that the disc is 166 grams + 1-2 grams as I requested through Gotta Go Gotta Throw and Not Yellow, I 100% hate outright yellow for putter discs, including driving/specialty putters.

So the disc was an factory mistake off white no stamp had a small fuzzy spot and was 175 grams max weight. I put the ring shape of words as a red Sharpie ring around the disc as the stamp would and put in the middle Lighting in red Sharpie then blue Sharpie #2 Upshot and last Prostyle in Red. The disc is going to replace my Pro Shark for stuff when the 175 gram Pro Shark ends up US if the new disc Prostyle #2 Upshot is more neutral at max weight. The disc like my older #2 Upshot in Prostyle from 2005 will last a long time due to however the Lighting company made the Prostyle plastic. Unfortunately the new #2 Upshot in Prostyle was not the weight I wanted but will work for a slot soon as that off white Pro Shark will wear out of the nearly neutral approach/long putter disc slot :|.

My last order. Not received yet. :clap:
CqsCgkN.png
Hoping those Cosmic Neutrons to be more stable than a Plasma or a Neutron.

Just ordered 9-12-2020, two Innova Champion Shark 3 Factory second Pink at weights 176-177 grams. It seems more and more like the Shark 3 is getting replaced with the Lion :( so I am just getting what I want before the company runs out of the mold of discs before I need new discs. I hope I do not end up with the beyond stiff early run they set for F2 discs and just a oops specked up disc, one with extra flashing or, the like but not a disc that is too stiff/messed up in the rim. Too stiff will require sitting on hot pavement in the sun or hot car for 30 min to 1 hour to be right and the messed up rim/top I can't do much about that.

Last edited:
Just ordered 9-12-2020, two Innova Champion Shark 3 Factory second Pink at weights 176-177 grams. It seems more and more like the Shark 3 is getting replaced with the Lion :( so I am just getting what I want before the company runs out of the mold of discs before I need new discs. I hope I do not end up with the beyond stiff early run they set for F2 discs and just a oops specked up disc, one with extra flashing or, the like but not a disc that is too stiff/messed up in the rim. Too stiff will require sitting on hot pavement in the sun or hot car for 30 min to 1 hour to be right and the messed up rim/top I can't do much about that.

The discs I have that came today feel more like a Champion Shark with almost 0% dome, not a Shark 3. The discs make me wonder if the Discs are mistake 30 anniversary Shark that came out so low dome they are nearly Shark 3. Shark 3 the nose is a tad different from a Shark.

The discs will work for backups as the almost 0% dome Champion Shark as opposed to a Standard dome Shark in any plastic, the standard dome or higher helps the Shark act like a putter with the float to the glide something I do not want with a true midrange.

Last edited:
$60 in tourney winnings. 3 matching 180g DX Rocs and two matching 174g Superglow Wizards.

DX Rocs feel really nice right now, pretty awesome to get three identical throwers. At the moment I'm on a Ghost cycle, but I'll start switching these Rocs in to the fresh spot now. Someday in like 5-10 years I'll have a full orange DX Roc cycle going.

Attachments

• roc-wiz.jpg
    roc-wiz.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 38
Been looking for slower fairway drivers these days for more finesse. Undertakers and Anax's are booming too far, and powering up on mids can still leave me short on a few holes.

Looking forward to working the XL into the bag.

Attachments

• B51B1BB4-6F8A-43B4-BFF8-C91D5D9DE379.jpg
    B51B1BB4-6F8A-43B4-BFF8-C91D5D9DE379.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 21
Just received a Neutron Wave, Neutron Proxy, Cosmic Electron Proxy, and an electron Volt.

I love my eclipse volt but I wanted an electron volt to beat into something a bit less stable to sit between the volt and the super understable heat that I bag.

I bought the proxies to take over driving duty from my ions but currently i am liking them a lot more than the ion so the ion is completely out of the bag at the moment.

The wave was the biggest surprise. Almost always lands straight in front of me after a nice S-flight. It is just so smooth...

Latest posts